Options

Hanging on loading screen? DO NOT UNINSTALL DH14

For those having loading issues on iOS and Android, we are aware of the issue and have been working for days toward a fix. We will keep you updated as things progress.

Please do not uninstall your game to "roll back" until formal instructions have been posted. What may work for some will not work for all.

If you are on iOS and would like to try a manual fix, you can refer to this thread: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?87238-Deer-Hunter-14-1-2-Hangs-and-You!-iOS-device-version-ADVANCED-USERS-ONLY

EDITED TO ADD: A 1.2.2 update went live on Google Play which should address many issues, including hanging on the loading screen. Please update!

Comments

• Options
    NTD350NTD350 Registered Users 6 Posts
    Yay so there's a possible fix for Apple no surprises there, how about the thousands of android users we want it fixed to, why is Apple the golden child of smart phones and tablets when there are more android users out there
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    NTD350 wrote: »
    Yay so there's a possible fix for Apple no surprises there, how about the thousands of android users we want it fixed to, why is Apple the golden child of smart phones and tablets when there are more android users out there

As I said above we are working on a fix for Android.
  • Options
    NTD350NTD350 Registered Users 6 Posts
    Is there an estimated time or is it a big glitch, also well we lose progress from this, I did notice that I went from 379Mb down to 200Mb.
  • Options
    RooneRoone Registered Users 253 Posts
    For Android Users - They JUST released a 1.2.2 build that should fix the hangs. Please download the update and give it a shot!
  • Options
    dhaviedhavie Registered Users 3 Posts
    Working. Thanks mate
  • Options
    brashears113brashears113 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Alright. Since I already have, thinking that it would have fixed the issue, now what?
  • Options
    TacoLitaTacoLita Registered Users 29 Posts
    Please address the fact that one day my 159+ Gold vanished and now says zero. It wiill not add even when offers are completed. This is happening on two of your games. The other is Dragon Slayer. Any insight?
  • Options
    TexasbooTexasboo Registered Users 3 Posts
    Had a download this morning and still doing the same think on iphone 5s, opens screen and closes 5 seconds later.
  • Options
    diecast5diecast5 Registered Users 11 Posts
    Thanks gluadmin I did Waite for the download and I was still in updating in deer hunter and it was just in that loading moad. So first thing came to my mind was to uninstall and than reinstall the game, then it work but lost all my stuff as stated in my post, I did not buy any thing with cash I went to that special glu thing like watch video or download a game. I did a lot at a lvl 17 and lost guns, it kinda got me a little upset but I understand that you got your hands full, but how am I going to get all that back again. Sorry I don't see a support thing here in this forum.
  • Options
    There is a "submit ticket" link at the top of this page and you can do it through there- that's how they'll be able to help you out.
  • Options
    diecast5diecast5 Registered Users 11 Posts
    will they give back your lvl and guns as well?
  • Options
    ShiftlessDrifterShiftlessDrifter Registered Users 52 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    There is a "submit ticket" link at the top of this page and you can do it through there- that's how they'll be able to help you out.

Submitting tickets is pointless. We're told we should get a response back within 48 hours -- I've had tickets open for 5+ days and haven't heard anything. Then when I opened a ticket regarding a problem uploading avatars on the forums you closed it. You marked it "Solved" without providing any information to me, any update, and laughably without a fix. It's still broken!, but conveniently for you the ticket is closed so you can move on.

Thanks for the support!
  • Options
    Submitting tickets is pointless. We're told we should get a response back within 48 hours -- I've had tickets open for 5+ days and haven't heard anything. Then when I opened a ticket regarding a problem uploading avatars on the forums you closed it. You marked it "Solved" without providing any information to me, any update, and laughably without a fix. It's still broken!, but conveniently for you the ticket is closed so you can move on.

Thanks for the support!

What is your ticket number?
  • Options
    gtmaguiregtmaguire Registered Users 1 Posts
    So I uninstalled before.reading this and lost all my levels all my glu credits. Only my achievements are visible. Is there a way to get it back?

gluadmin wrote: »
    For those having ading issues on iOS and Android, we are aware of the issue and have been working for days toward a fix. We will keep you updated as things progress.

Please do not uninstall your game to "roll back" until formal instructions have been posted. What may work for some will not work for all.

If you are on iOS and would like to try a manual fix, you can refer to this thread: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?87238-Deer-Hunter-14-1-2-Hangs-and-You!-iOS-device-version-ADVANCED-USERS-ONLY

EDITED TO ADD: A 1.2.2 update went live on Google Play which should address many issues, including hanging on the loading screen. Please update!
  • Options
    brashears113brashears113 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Same issue as shiftless drifter, here's my ticket number..131215-000007. Same thing for me, my issue has not been resolved yet it has already been closed out. Going on six days without a resolution.
  • Options
    Same issue as shiftless drifter, here's my ticket number..131215-000007. Same thing for me, my issue has not been resolved yet it has already been closed out. Going on six days without a resolution.

It looks like your ticket was responded to on 12/19, 12/21, and 12/23 in an attempt to resolve the issue. If the resolution from 12/23 still does not work for you, you can continue to work with Customer Care.
  • Options
    rustedrusted Registered Users 1 Posts
    How to update DH2014.. I am not able to find new version. Plzzz help me
  • Options
    #Robert463#Robert463 Registered Users 3 Posts
    I use I-Pad with IOS 7. Had problem with freezing, but fixed by going to settings-reset-reset network. Fixed all problems.
  • Options
    CharltonS71CharltonS71 Registered Users 4 Posts
    Deer Hunter 2014 is crashing after about 15-20 seconds when trying to start app. It gets stuck on the Glu guy logo with the hunter's cap and rifle and then shuts down. Occasionally it will just hang on that screen and goes no further or shut down. Please assist with this issue as I have not been able to play this game since December 29, 2013. I am using iPad 4 with latest software download 7.0.4. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    SoCalMitchSoCalMitch Registered Users 31 Posts
    I began having the same problem today. I tried resetting my ipad. Resetting the network settings. Being in airplane mode. And all my software is the latest versions. It freezes on the gman logo then poofs away back to my ipads home screen.

Please, please, please. Get this fixed.
  • Options
    mxhmxh Registered Users 3 Posts
    Sent a ticket inoperable a week ago and never got a response. I have the same issue with it freezing on the glu mascot loading screen. It has been doing this for almost 2 weeks. I will submit another ticket now.

I don't have the first ticket number but this is the second one I just sent 140105-000096
  • Options
    BigbhaabBigbhaab Registered Users 7 Posts
    I'm having this same problem, game holding on loading screen and I've made in-app purchases for gold and cash to purchase weapons more than once in the game. I don't know what to do but this ticket option would be helpful- can you please tell me how to do it?
  • Options
    button to start a ticket is at the top of your screen. Right of center.
  • Options
    mxhmxh Registered Users 3 Posts
    I've still heard nothing from the company in reference to both tickets I've sent. I've also left feedback in the app rating. Anyone still having issues?
  • Options
    No response yet from the developers either on this site, nor through the tickets. Fact is, we are being ignored.
  • Options
    Kauppinent2Kauppinent2 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I lost 586 coins over Christmas before I saw the thread can someone help me?
  • Options
    Only thing you can do is try submitting a ticket. Good luck.
  • Options
    You are not being ignored at all. We are aware of the issues and are working to address them. We only have a limited amount of information and visibility here, so the best thing you can do is continue to work through the ticketing system (but don't create a new ticket if you have one already). They will all be addressed.
  • Options
    Mr. "gluadmin". I am going on the presumption that you are officially affiliated with glu. With that in mind, I sincerely appreciate your message here. Please let me address your statement that we are not being ignored. The ONLY method we have to gauge whether we are being ignored or not is by the responses given by glu. To date, responses forum posts are nil. Responses to submitted tickets are also severely lacking. When there are so many messages, both public and private with tickets, going unanswered, tell me what conclusion you think would result? We ask only that glu give genuine and truthful updates on the progress for these problems. At some point people will stop coming to the forum and will simply do bad reviews and stop downloading your software; all because they believe the developers don't care.

We all know that bugs and errors will occur. It is natural and expected. What is equally expected is responses and progress reports for known issues.

Word of mouth is the BEST advertising. It will be responsible for the growth, or death, of a company. Let's ensure that people are speaking positively about glu by being sure that glue responds quickly (24hrs, not several weeks if at al) to tickets and does posts at least daily with updates. Doing so will keep people on your side and keep glu going for a long-long time.

With all that said, can you please give an update so we know what is happening and what to expect?
  • Options
    SoCalMitch wrote: »
    Mr. "gluadmin". I am going on the presumption that you are officially affiliated with glu. With that in mind, I sincerely appreciate your message here. Please let me address your statement that we are not being ignored. The ONLY method we have to gauge whether we are being ignored or not is by the responses given by glu. To date, responses forum posts are nil. Responses to submitted tickets are also severely lacking. When there are so many messages, both public and private with tickets, going unanswered, tell me what conclusion you think would result? We ask only that glu give genuine and truthful updates on the progress for these problems. At some point people will stop coming to the forum and will simply do bad reviews and stop downloading your software; all because they believe the developers don't care.

We all know that bugs and errors will occur. It is natural and expected. What is equally expected is responses and progress reports for known issues.

Word of mouth is the BEST advertising. It will be responsible for the growth, or death, of a company. Let's ensure that people are speaking positively about glu by being sure that glue responds quickly (24hrs, not several weeks if at al) to tickets and does posts at least daily with updates. Doing so will keep people on your side and keep glu going for a long-long time.

With all that said, can you please give an update so we know what is happening and what to expect?

While we understand your frustration, the primary purpose of these forums (as explained in the "what to expect" announcement visible on each forum page) is for players to have a place to discuss games with one another. For more info on that, please view the announcement.

It appears you have only been a member of the forums for five days, so perhaps you haven't seen earlier threads about fixes and updates as they've developed. We are responding to posts and threads several times a week, however, we are only able to respond when we have information. We make announcements and updates as the information is available, not daily (unless new information is available daily).

The absolutely most effective way to communicate your frustrations to the developers is to submit a ticket and go through that process. The tickets have all the documentation they need to properly be made aware of the issues. The forums are a supportive infrastructure for strategy and advice, however, the ticketing system is how issues are formally documented. Regarding turn-around times on tickets, we have millions of players on of thousands of devices playing dozens of games, so we appreciate your patience.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.