Options

Assault Rifle with Infrared?

crdbcrdb Registered Users 1 Posts
I just used a rare call to unlock the Holiday Hunt in Region 3. It's a Rare Hunt, and the text reads "Kill Black Pete with a Brain shot."

I have all the other qualifiers, but the last one is "A[n] assault rifle with a scope with infrared is required."

None of the assault rifles in the store have infrared, nor do the holiday assault rifles (I bought the Region 1 and 2 assault rifles to see if I could upgrade and add infrared, but no luck with either)

Am I just too low-level to see the assault rifles with infrared? (lv. 16)

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Options
    nilnil Registered Users 12 Posts
    crdb wrote: »
    I just used a rare call to unlock the Holiday Hunt in Region 3. It's a Rare Hunt, and the text reads "Kill Black Pete with a Brain shot."

I have all the other qualifiers, but the last one is "A[n] assault rifle with a scope with infrared is required."

None of the assault rifles in the store have infrared, nor do the holiday assault rifles (I bought the Region 1 and 2 assault rifles to see if I could upgrade and add infrared, but no luck with either)

Am I just too low-level to see the assault rifles with infrared? (lv. 16)

Thanks for the help.

I assume it's an error, but I upgraded my Clayton CV-15 to have an infrared scope as it was only 16 glu credits to do so and most weapons cost well more than that.
  • Options
    chikkenbonzchikkenbonz Registered Users 18 Posts
    Hey there

No, you should be plenty high ranked. Which Assault rifle(s) do you own? All the Assault rifles Im showing in the Store have infrared capabilities-except the holiday guns. Are your rifle(s) stats maxed out? I have the Vorovsky (Reg. 2 Assault rifle-looks like an AK-74) and with maxed stats Im showing 10 seconds available IR time. Sounds to me like something isnt equipped in the right place or something...wish I could see your screen to see whats up...
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    If it definitely says assault rifle just equip a hunting rifle in the second slot.
  • Options
    WUS-WUSWUS-WUS Registered Users 204 Posts
    pistoff wrote: »
    If it definitely says assault rifle just equip a hunting rifle in the second slot.

This up above.
  • Options
    I wasn't even aware you could equip assault rifles with infrared, but apparently you can. If you pay in gold!

In any case, I've never once had a hunt where it was required...
  • Options
    millertw2009millertw2009 Registered Users 4 Posts
    I have the same problem. I don't have the option for a ir scope on assault rifle. I'm using Clayton sa02.
  • Options
    Both options have already been discussed. Either equip a hunting rifle in the second slot and use that or upgrade the assault rifle using gold. Costs 79 gold for an IR sight on the SA-02.
  • Options
    The ir must be on the assault rifle. I tried a rifle in the second slot. I do not have an option to buy the ir scope even with gold. Where do you see that option?
  • Options
    I found it. Level 5 scope!
  • Options
    Bugger! I had to buy a CV-15 to complete this hunt and spend gold on it to upgrade the sight. I now have a totally useless assault rifle with a sight that I'd like to put on a better gun, but can't!