Options

Deer Hunter still crashing on opening splash screen, suport tickets go unanswered

So, I've done EVERYTHING glu wants me to do. I've tried posting here, only to basically be told to sit down and shut up and do a trouble ticket.

I've done that. The ticket was done on 1/3. NO ANSWER.

Why tell people to do a ticket when they are just ignored?

Are you ever going to fix this?

(Wanna bet this thread is deleted or closed by moderators? All because they don't like negative remarks in the forum. They'd rather appear as professional asking you to do a ticket so they can ignore you)

Comments

• Options
    Fraliex129Fraliex129 Registered Users 17 Posts
    SoCalMitch wrote: »
    So, I've done EVERYTHING glu wants me to do. I've tried posting here, only to basically be told to sit down and shut up and do a trouble ticket.

(Wanna bet this thread is deleted or closed by moderators? All because they don't like negative remarks in the forum. They'd rather appear as professional asking you to do a ticket so they can ignore you)

I know this will probably sound like a stupid question but it just happened to me so I thought I'd ask, have you checked you junk mail folder? The messages from here went to mine initially. Just thought I'd ask.
  • Options
    SoCalMitchSoCalMitch Registered Users 31 Posts
    Nothing in spam folder. I log in to the ticket itself and keep posting updates asking when they will respond. Today i will call my credit card company and report the charges for extras i purchased on this game as fraud. This will bounce the charges back to glu along with fees. Smacks of fraud to me when you spend money on something that is broke and the company will not talk to you about it or fix it.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Nothing in spam folder. I log in to the ticket itself and keep posting updates asking when they will respond. Today i will call my credit card company and report the charges for extras i purchased on this game as fraud. This will bounce the charges back to glu along with fees. Smacks of fraud to me when you spend money on something that is broke and the company will not talk to you about it or fix it.

Actually we have a record of replying on 1/10 (to your 1/7 ticket) and informed you that the team is aware of the problem with the game hanging at the logo screen and that they are working on an update that will fix it. We are all waiting for that update that should fix the crash at gMan logo.
  • Options
    VicdomizeVicdomize Registered Users 1 Posts
    I logged in to tell someone that I have a problem with DH 2014 hanging at the gman and then not loading. Obviously, you already know so just let me say that I think DH 2014 is pretty awesome. Several people I work with are also playing. Thank you for your hard work.

Vicdomize
  • Options
    Well they answered mine with the suggestions to close my app out all the way, restart my phone or turn it off and back on. Waiting for more suggestions that I haven't tried. Hoping an update will be soon
  • Options
    HeerDunter2014HeerDunter2014 Registered Users 39 Posts

Hey SoCalMitch,

I posted this in another post. Not sure if you saw it. It really works. I'll re-post my message here:

So I followed the instructions provided here by Roone and it worked! No lies, it worked. I deleted the "bundle data" and the "manifesttime.txt" file and it worked. This happened a few weeks ago. Just tonight after working it happened again! DH 2014 froze again at the Glu icon and didn't load. So I did the same thing again and now it's working again! Please give this a try and I hope it works for you.

Thanks Roone!

FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY:

For those using iOS, have version 1.2.1 and are hanging on launch of the game try these steps.

1. Download iExplorer from http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/
    2. Install iExplorer
    3. Launch iExplorer. Select continue to use in Demo Mode
    4. Connect iOS device. If device has a password enter it on the device and have device on home screen before device will load in iExplorer
    5. Double Click Apps
    6. Double Click DH 2014 folder
    7. Double Click Library
    8. Delete the below FOLDER
    Apps/DH 2014/Library/BundleData

9. Double Click Caches
    10. Delete the below file
    a. 1 file. Apps/DH 2014/Library/Caches/manifesttime.txt

11. Launch the game

If that works great! If not try also deleting this additional files.

a. 1 file. Apps/DH 2014/Library/Caches/Manifest
    b. 1 file. Apps/DH 2014/Library/Caches/manifesttime.txt
    c. 1 file. Apps/DH 2014/Library/Caches/ABTestConfig.txt
    d. 1 file. Apps/DH 2014/Library/Caches/GluonConfig.txt
    e. 1 file. Apps/DH 2014/Library/Caches/Killswitch.txt
    f. 1 file. Apps/DH 2014/Library/Caches/MissionSettings.txt

Please reply here if that fixes it for you. If it worked if just the one file worked or you had to do the whole list.

Thanks for helping us verify this fix!

Update: My game just crashed on me again earlier and I tried this and it worked again. Not sure why it keeps crashing but doing these steps seem to remedy it.
  • Options
    Yeah....... I think ill just wait for an update before I do all that lol
  • Options
    SoCalMitchSoCalMitch Registered Users 31 Posts
    Yeah, the bad part is they answer with boiler plate text prewritten and it quotes exactly what is on their page. And they know IT DOES NOTHING. It is simply a tactic to delay addressing issues.

Get this....Their "record" of "resolving issues" sent on tickets is very high. Know why? simply because they marked every incident "resolved" when they reply. Even if their reply admits there is a problem and it is not fixed yet, they still mark the ticket resolved. This is done only to make their percentages look better and to try and impress people. It's all a fake.

Here's what you do. Follow the steps given below that involves the iexplorer program. On a difficulty scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being moronically easy and 10 being expert level, it is a 2 or 3 at the highest.

Also, if you spent money on stuff for the game and had the game crash....report it as fraud to your credit card company. After two weeks of admins ignoring me (or basically telling me to shut the f up) that's what I did. After supplying copies of my attempts to get it resolved and little to know response, my claim was quickly approved and all charges/fees were reversed.
  • Options
    KampilanfighterKampilanfighter Registered Users 10 Posts
    This game seem to be a fraud basing from the actions being done by the maker. The game description in the app store is really deceptive. The info on the devices on which the game may be played is REALLY NOT ACCURATE. There are lots of devices (included in their specification) that can't play this game smoothly. It freezes or crashes all the time. You need high end devices to run this app with more tolerable issues. But, still, dont expect a perfectly smooth game using those pricey devices. This game is really problematic, I believe. Though not that often, It still crashes once in a while.
  • Options
    Well sounds like these guys and dell computers have a lot in common lol