Options

Alpine Hunts -Mandatory Purchases

Is there anyway to get the sportsman event guns without purchasing gold? The new alpine events will not let you play without using one of those guns. I've played Glu games for a while and haven't encountered any that force you to spend money. I've spent money on gold for energy and other items a time or two but this is really frustrating. I let my kids play but I won't spend the money on all that gold to buy guns for a couple of events.
In fact I may very well delete all the Glu games from our 5 devices. It's really too bad. I get it, you've got to make money but this isn't right. Keep putting up advertisements and letting people spend gold for energy and such.
Am I wrong here or are others having the same issues? Am I overlooking a gun I could use all the cash I've accumulated playing to do the challenges?

Comments

• Options
    BonecrusherBonecrusher Registered Users 5 Posts
    Have people abandoned playing the game? Frustrated?
    Is the mandatory gold purchase to buy "sporting guns" something to bide the time until another update or is it something we can expect from future levels as well?
    I can't/won't play the two new series because both require purchases of gold
    For that price I can go buy a couple of games for a PS3.
    Thanks for the entertainment provided for a few weeks. Good luck to all those willing to pay lots of money for repetitive game play.
    As for the moderator. Will there be a way to play the game with large financial investment?
    Like I said previously I spent some money for gold to buy energy and extend play but $40 for a couple of guns that can only be used for a couple of days is crazy!!
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    I have been playing this game since October and have not spent any real money. It really isn't hard to get gold. Just by watching the videoes you can get 12-15 gold per day. You can also sign up for a few things. I like doing the auto quotes since you don't have to use your credit card and it only takes a few minutes to fill out the application. I have done over 10 auto quote offers. Each one pays about 45 gold.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    I feel fortunate if I get more than 1 or 2 video ads per day, so count yourself lucky. The Robocop game is even tighter. Watched a couple about 3 days ago and no more since!
  • Options
    pistoff wrote: »
    I feel fortunate if I get more than 1 or 2 video ads per day, so count yourself lucky. The Robocop game is even tighter. Watched a couple about 3 days ago and no more since!

It is strange that you are only getting one or two a day. I have never gotten less than 12 per day. And occasionally I get as high as 25. Just yesterday there was 5 flower videos in the offer page.
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    Flower videos? I've only seen ones for other games...
  • Options
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    It is strange that you are only getting one or two a day. I have never gotten less than 12 per day. And occasionally I get as high as 25. Just yesterday there was 5 flower videos in the offer page.

They were videos trying to sell flowers for valentines day. They were actually in the offer page at the end. They were 30 second videoes.
  • Options
    TMan2TMan2 Registered Users 35 Posts
    The ads could be limited by the country you live in, I am in Canada and only get 4-5 videos per day and there are no auto quote options in the offer section. The only ones there require money spent. There are a few games you can play but there is a glitch and it most often tapjoy does not give the coins due. So I am lucky to get 5 gold per day.
  • Options
    Featherhead57Featherhead57 Registered Users 2 Posts
    I've made it to level 40 and have yet to spend cash on any gun, energy, or gold. True, I may not have the best equipment only gold can buy, but with patience and consistent game play, one can get more than competent equipment.
    Contract hunts are a great way to build up cash. As for free gold, watch as many videos as possible, or purchase items that you REALLY need! There are great values to be found!
    Keep playing! When you run out of gold, close the game completely, return in an hour or two, and claim more free gold.

This is a great game! Turn up your brightness and contrast, and you'll experience more opportunities for free gold.

My only issue is the latest update crashes on my IPhone 5S. It works well on my 4S though!
  • Options
    mwrhgcmwrhgc Registered Users 134 Posts
    What do u mean by turning up brightness and contrast will get u more gold opportunities? How is that even possible? I am misreading your post or u just blowing smoke?
  • Options
    BonecrusherBonecrusher Registered Users 5 Posts
    I was watching the videos for a while but was limited to 9 per day. I'm not filling out anything with personal information, especially if it requires a credit check. The game is fun but it isn't worth going through all that. The updates have been few and far between also. It'd be different if you could use the gold required guns for multiple levels or a long time but it's only for a few hours of game play.
    I'll just keep letting the kids tally up hunter cash replaying the same levels over and over and grab free gold when I can.
    Thanks for the advice. Now off to find a good game for the playstation
  • Options
    CowboyCowboy Registered Users 1 Posts
    So by what I'm seeing there is no reasonable (free) way to get the special guns without putting real money into the game
  • Options
    Cowboy wrote: »
    So by what I'm seeing there is no reasonable (free) way to get the special guns without putting real money into the game

I watch the videos and sign up for a few offers. I consider that to be reasonable way to get the gold for free.
  • Options
    electrifiingelectrifiing Registered Users 3 Posts
    I'm having the same problem on my ios4 it takes 4ever to get the gold needed and now it kills the game in mid-hunt. is this just mine or are there others having this problem?