Options

i just want to thank the cust service for not helping

bucykbucyk Registered Users 2 Posts
I log on the other day to find all of my progress reset back to the intro hunts.. this would not bother me but I have spent money for coins to help progress. And all I get back from CS is to wait 5 minutes before leaving the game to ensure it uploads to Google's servers. Really?? This is not helping. I have all of my achievements so I know the data is there in a way. I just don't want to put the hours/days to get back to where I was.

Email below

Subject
deer hunter progress gone
*Discussion Thread
*Response Via Email (Asim) 02/13/2014 08:57 AM
Dear John,

This game supports Google+ Cloud save, which works as follows:

The app auto-saves a backup for the Google+ cloud service to use, on a continual basis. (There is no need for an explicit "save" command.) For cloud save to work, one must be connected online with a reliable WiFi connection, and signed in with one’s Google+ account. Furthermore, one must always use the same Google+ account to save and load
the cloud save.

IMPORTANT: The app is dependent upon availability of Google's servers to upload the queued save. Therefore it's a
good idea to leave the device connected online for several minutes after you finish playing, to give Google's servers plenty of time to communicate with the device. In some locales this may be up to five minutes.

When the game detects a significant discrepancy between the local save and the cloud save, it will prompt you with a dialog box asking which save you wish to use. Choosing local continues with the local saved game; choosing cloud loads it from the cloud backup. Always choose the one with the most advanced level.

Also, it is not recommended to uninstall the game, especially if one has been playing offline and does not have a recent backup. The existence of a Google cloud save is not an absolute guarantee against data loss if one re-installs.

We regret the inconvenience it has caused.

Thank you,

Regards,
Asim
Glu Mobile Customer Care
*Customer By Web Form (xxxxxxxx) 02/12/2014 06:16 PM
Logged on today and all of my progress is gone would like this rectified

On HTC One not One X
*Question Reference #140212-000429
Game:* Deer Hunter 2014
Problem or Issue:* Game reset or progress loss
Date Created:* 02/12/2014 06:16 PM
Last Updated:* 02/13/2014 08:57 AM
Platform:* Android
Phone/Tablet:* HTC One X
Android email address:* pxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com
OS version:* Android 4.1-4.3 (Jelly Bean)

Comments

• Options
    Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    DH 2014 customer service cannot help you with this because it is google that failed to correctly back your game up, not theirs. I have switched devices three times with this game, first time I lost about half my progress, since then I always made sure goggle was actually saving and I use another back up to be sure. It only got me once, be aware and don't let it happen again. Not the game's fault it is google's.
  • Options
    waitforitwaitforit Registered Users 12 Posts
    That sucks... I lost all my data when the app said do you want to use the cloud or local and they both said the exact same level so I picked cloud... big mistake lost everything... There are tons of games out there that properly back up your games... This is not one of them...

After it was all said and done I was kind of glad I lost everything because you get to keep playing levels. The most frustrating part was the loss of all the kills... I lost 10k of kills and you will notice you achievements will not go up again until you surpass it...
    Good luck and I feel for you!
  • Options
    Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    waitforit wrote: »
    That sucks... I lost all my data when the app said do you want to use the cloud or local and they both said the exact same level so I picked cloud... big mistake lost everything... There are tons of games out there that properly back up your games... This is not one of them...

After it was all said and done I was kind of glad I lost everything because you get to keep playing levels. The most frustrating part was the loss of all the kills... I lost 10k of kills and you will notice you achievements will not go up again until you surpass it...
    Good luck and I feel for you!

I hate that prompt also, always choose left one or you will lose all sorts of progress and no it doesn't matter if they have same info left one is only way to stay right where you are.
  • Options
    chupchup Registered Users 2 Posts
    Hello all
    As i see, you all know more than me on those things. Need some help, please!
    I intent to change my phone (Lenovo P 780 with Android 4.2.1). How can not lose all my data and game progress? which method of back up should i use? I made a copy with Titanium Pro, but i'm not sure if it will work.
    Especially for Kyra: could you tell me how did you manage the back up on three phones and what app/prog used?
    Thank you.
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Can SD card be.used? My galaxy note II has SD slot and wondered if transfer to another device possible
    ( + )
  • Options
    LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    I play on my iPad and my iPhone. Is there anything I should do to prevent losing my progress on these devices?
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    Los wrote: »
    I play on my iPad and my iPhone. Is there anything I should do to prevent losing my progress on these devices?

Do a search for "account transfer". There is a way to back up your progress through iTunes. But it seems like it doesn't work for everyone. But when I am ready to upgrade my iPhone I am going to refer back to that thread to make sure I make every attempt to same my progress.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    Do a search for "account transfer". There is a way to back up your progress through iTunes. But it seems like it doesn't work for everyone. But when I am ready to upgrade my iPhone I am going to refer back to that thread to make sure I make every attempt to same my progress.

Also, this is an odd piece to add. In our testing, accounts on iOS devices that had 2 or more Glu games installed were able to retrieve previous game data successfully. We aren't entirely sure why this is, but it may be worth doing this for the added security.