Options

Adios amigos

A$$hat65A$$hat65 Registered Users 10 Posts
I've enjoyed the game. After capitalizing through all levels though... I've conclude it's just too random between op systems to be on the up and up. I don't blame Glu. It's just a difficult task.

The problem lies in the gouging. I understand all to well what it takes to make and satisfy existence and substance to we in that business world. But after experiencing your pricing standards Glu seems to be rather shameless in pursuit of the dollar.

I went for the spending and supported the game. But I found the monies excessive .vs the reward. You folks have a good thing going here. But you really need to draw back upon principals and reality. I'm not just leaving the game because I can't pay the price. I'm leaving the game because you're expectations are to high.

It's a great game guys. But I beg of you to consider pricing strategy as you move forward. In time we lose what is most valuable and cherished to us as a business because of greed...the customer

I wish you all well. Glu, I wish you....enough.

Comments

• Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    If you think this game is a rip off you should give their Robocop one a try. I've never seen anything so shamefully geared towards getting people to shell out real cash for IAPs.
  • Options
    Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    With the exception of a few holiday hunts and the last assault rifle hunt, I don't follow the OP. I play for free, have lots of good guns and am overall satisfied with the game. That being said, they almost lost me with the massive amount of glitches which now seem to be solved.

ลาก่อน

Sunny
    Drink more beer. :cool:
  • Options
    Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    pistoff wrote: »
    If you think this game is a rip off you should give their Robocop one a try. I've never seen anything so shamefully geared towards getting people to shell out real cash for IAPs.

I played robocop a little when it first came out, it seems really cool, but only played a little. After reading the forum for it I was deterred, too many issues and new update seems like it made things worse. At least dh14 is totally playable, and not even that difficult, without the use of gold.
  • Options
    mwrhgcmwrhgc Registered Users 134 Posts
    I am now playing robocop and havent had issues yet. I cannot play dh14 bcuz level 9 has now frozen my phone 5 straight times will doing contracthunts.. game is totally unplayable now...i cant advance and have to remove my battery to restart phone..so laggy and stops in middle of hunts.. so frustrated.. all other regions work as before. So frustrated.i hopeits fixed quick or i am done with this game
  • Options
    IslanderIslander Registered Users 113 Posts
    A$$hat65 wrote: »
    I've enjoyed the game. After capitalizing through all levels though... I've conclude it's just too random between op systems to be on the up and up. I don't blame Glu. It's just a difficult task.

The problem lies in the gouging. I understand all to well what it takes to make and satisfy existence and substance to we in that business world. But after experiencing your pricing standards Glu seems to be rather shameless in pursuit of the dollar.

I went for the spending and supported the game. But I found the monies excessive .vs the reward. You folks have a good thing going here. But you really need to draw back upon principals and reality. I'm not just leaving the game because I can't pay the price. I'm leaving the game because you're expectations are to high.

It's a great game guys. But I beg of you to consider pricing strategy as you move forward. In time we lose what is most valuable and cherished to us as a business because of greed...the customer

I wish you all well. Glu, I wish you....enough.

You are right. If this game was really good, this forum would not be so vacant all the time. Not enough incentives, too much greed for gold. Hunter bucks are basically useless. You can never buy extra things with them. They just pile up but not much to spend them on except guns for new regions which still leaves you with millions sitting there. I spent around 75.00 then I said *** are you doing? and said no more. I can think of a lot better ways to spend that money. For that price I could pay for 2 years of EA games like Pogo and have access to hundreds of games of all types. Region 9 comes out and it's got that same waterfall mountain scene from prior region. Is it that hard to change the scenery? No, it is not.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    This feedback is extremely helpful and valued.
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    It would seem DH uses 'time' as it's #1 strategy to gain a loyal, yet addicted, fan base of players/customers. 'Waiting to play' is built into the game to keep you coming back and then you can pay real money to speed the game up, whether that's a better weapon or more energy credits. #2 is the exclusivity of gold only weapons and I think if they compromised with a gold to dollars ratio it could still work out in the the long run...however speaking of waiting....gold equals real money now vs. waiting on us to play countless hours which they can show to their third party advertisers renting space on their super popular game. I wrote them a Facebook message about this, but I'm not doing their books and have no idea how much they are getting from the third party advertisers....or maybe the game advertisements is just co-branding and the 'specials' section is where they get there money. In any case, programmers and graphic artists have to get paid somehow if we expect them to keep up with our demand for new regions/weapons/special effects etc...
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    Peteroc317Peteroc317 Registered Users 55 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    It would seem DH uses 'time' as it's #1 strategy to gain a loyal, yet addicted, fan base of players/customers. 'Waiting to play' is built into the game to keep you coming back and then you can pay real money to speed the game up, whether that's a better weapon or more energy credits. #2 is the exclusivity of gold only weapons and I think if they compromised with a gold to dollars ratio it could still work out in the the long run...however speaking of waiting....gold equals real money now vs. waiting on us to play countless hours which they can show to their third party advertisers renting space on their super popular game. I wrote them a Facebook message about this, but I'm not doing their books and have no idea how much they are getting from the third party advertisers....or maybe the game advertisements is just co-branding and the 'specials' section is where they get there money. In any case, programmers and graphic artists have to get paid somehow if we expect them to keep up with our demand for new regions/weapons/special effects etc...

They must be doing pretty darn good to be ranked #41 top grossing app out of the hundreds of thousands of apps on iOS...not sure about android.
  • Options
    Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    Under top grossing the game is #24 on android. So 24 and 41, yes they are doing good and this is just one of their games. Now with success like that I don't see why they would want to change much. So if "Glu seems to be rather shameless in pursuit of the dollar" people seem quite happy to provide it, just look at the ratings. As far as "If this game was really good, this forum would not be so vacant all the time. Not enough incentives, too much greed for gold." Again look at the ratings, the forum is far from vacant, and obviously the game is really good because this is "out of the hundreds of thousands of apps" that it is able to do so well. They even have their own forum to get real time feedback and address their customers, I think they do an awesome job.
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Dh 2014 has lots to offer and re the glu guns they sometimes come up for sale the level of detail in the game is superb I only wish the trophy hunts were a little more stalking involved often trophy hunt standing static straight in front of you!
    ( + )
  • Options
    famousstylishbarberfamousstylishbarber Registered Users 5 Posts
    That's all ithas anymore is glitches