Options

Pachyderm shot gun for region 10

Timber ghostTimber ghost Registered Users 371 Posts
With the external hammers, I guessing the might be a muzzleloading shot gun. I had a post suggesting a muzzleloader/black powder hunt,and the responses were less than favorable about the guns,this may be a way to reintroduce the muzzleloader gun to the game.

Comments

• Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    The picture showed a double barrel shotgun. The shotgun will probably be a two shot weapon. I don't see how you could increase the ammo count on a double barrel shotgun.

And a muzzleloader shotgun has already been done in this game for the turkey hunts for Thanksgiving. And those hunts were really boring.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    Timber ghostTimber ghost Registered Users 371 Posts
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    The picture showed a double barrel shotgun. The shotgun will probably be a two shot weapon. I don't see how you could increase the ammo count on a double barrel shotgun.

And a muzzleloader shotgun has already been done in this game for the turkey hunts for Thanksgiving. And those hunts were really boring.

If it is going to use shotgun shells, then it might be possible to have upgrade than quickens the reload time.unless they create speed loader--they could call it wishbone or slingshot or any other Y type device. Still going to be interesting to see how is going to be used in the region.

Other possible upgrades:

Sights--fiber optics
    Ammo--slugs
    Barrel--change the chokes,hard to add muzzles to a double barrel
  • Options
    BounderbyBounderby Registered Users 31 Posts
    I haven't seen a pop-up with the gun on yet. However the name Pachyderm, and the description you've given make it sound quite different from a shotgun. I saw on another thread that it was listed as a rifle not a shotgun as well. In the old 'white hunter' days there was a thing called a double rifle. Looked similar to a shotgun, but was intended for a second fast shot at dangerous game. Sometimes called an elephant gun...which makes Pachyderm look sensible. So...a hard hitting, 2 shot rifle....I think there might be some interesting hunts coming.
  • Options
    BillyBogBillyBog Registered Users 5 Posts
    Bounderby wrote: »
    I haven't seen a pop-up with the gun on yet. However the name Pachyderm, and the description you've given make it sound quite different from a shotgun. I saw on another thread that it was listed as a rifle not a shotgun as well. In the old 'white hunter' days there was a thing called a double rifle. Looked similar to a shotgun, but was intended for a second fast shot at dangerous game. Sometimes called an elephant gun...which makes Pachyderm look sensible. So...a hard hitting, 2 shot rifle....I think there might be some interesting hunts coming.

Pachyderm = elephant. Thus elephant gun.

So I'm certain it's a large bore double rifle similar to this:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/400714-Double-Rifles-amp-Big-Bores
  • Options
    Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    When I saw it pictured and it was double barreled I assumed it was a shotgun, got a phone call that took away the notification so I only briefly saw it and there was no way to bring back the notification to attempt to analyze it further. Whether it is a double barrel rifle or shotgun it does seem like region 10 will prove to be interesting when it arrives. Only a few more days until the event should arrive and our wonderment will be answered. Thanks for the link, I didn't know such a thing existed.
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Howdah pistol next please for charging hunts!
    ( + )