Pachyderm Shotgun

Well, as we all thought, no way of upgrading the ammo.... 2 shot max. But reload time is pretty quick; our hunter reloads two shells at the same time. There is no upgrade for sight either so no zoom. It does pack a powerful punch though, with the first three upgrades it's already more powerful than the barricade and will max out at 11,217. I'll let ya know how much better it is when I have it fully upgraded. Happy hunting!
:cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
Prev1

Comments

• SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    Cool. Thanks for posting. I am only half way through the event.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    Thanks! I am only 11 into the event.
  • Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    I just got to 48.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
  • garymckinnon31garymckinnon31 Registered Users 176 Posts
    I have the new shotgun and just like Eli said it's powerful but that's about it
  • WmCWmC Registered Users 218 Posts
    I have yet to use any shotgun on any pachyderm in region 9 and do not see the point of using one. I am having too much fun using hp rifle with ir scope to get kills with heart shots on the farthest targets that I can find on the hunt. Not only challanging but good for heart shot bonus points.
  • Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    Just got my Shotgun. In the process of upgrading it. As soon as it's upgraded I'll go and hunt some Elephants and Rhinos.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
  • mwrhgcmwrhgc Registered Users 134 Posts
    WmC wrote: »
    I have yet to use any shotgun on any pachyderm in region 9 and do not see the point of using one. I am having too much fun using hp rifle with ir scope to get kills with heart shots on the farthest targets that I can find on the hunt. Not only challanging but good for heart shot bonus points.
    I use the same stragedy ... well ive tried most everything by now.. but makin it as difficult as possible and trying to get all heart shots for the extra 5 MEASLY BUCKS .. is my latest.. always looking for the extra animal to shoot before primary target.. thats fun too.
  • straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    I'm happy to hear you win after completing assault series region 8 when I saw region 8-10 and the region 8 assault series 60 hunts I thought thats regions 8 9 and 10 to complete to get the shotgun! Do you have to spend much gold to acheive it though? Read on another thread sight upgrade requires gold on assault hunt 31..
    ( + )
    Pachyderm Shotgun; do you think it will take down some dinosaurs?
  • Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    I'm happy to hear you win after completing assault series region 8 when I saw region 8-10 and the region 8 assault series 60 hunts I thought thats regions 8 9 and 10 to complete to get the shotgun! Do you have to spend much gold to acheive it though? Read on another thread sight upgrade requires gold on assault hunt 31..

I had previously won the gun and had it fully upgraded so I didn't have to spend any gold on it.
    Kyra420 wrote: »
    Pachyderm Shotgun; do you think it will take down some dinosaurs?
    As Pantera once said, "vulgar display of power!" What can't that gun take out..... As long as there ain't a lot of them and they don't run fast :)
    Just got mine used on a rare hunt for duck love the reload animation! Reckon it'll be mustard on geese bring on the wooly mammoth hunt! Upgrade barrels ammo and workmanship nice hammer gun please do add a pistol version too
    ( + )
    As Pantera once said, "vulgar display of power!" What can't that gun take out..... As long as there ain't a lot of them and they don't run fast :)

I'm practicing to only fire once at a time, rather than emptying both, bring dinos two at a time, mess up, get caught reloading and you're done for, lol
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    I want to see how it does on those hard to kill jackles on region 9 contract hunts, so far I haven't gotten any. Other than that it is a bad a** shotgun! ;)
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
    I use rifles for pretty much everything, including jackels, just not birds and charging(attacking) prey, spray with shotgun for them.
  • pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    Don't like it. Used it once only, just like the turkey gun!
    pistoff wrote: »

I didn't start playing the game until December so I never got that gun. The gun packs a powerful punch but I'm with you, I don't care too much for it. Maybe I'll like it more after getting use to it but for now I'll use my Barricade.
    That is now in the sale...
    I came late to the party so no idea what the turkey gun is has anyone listed all the guns in the game from the begining be nice to know what we missed!
    ( + )
    It was a single shot muzzle loading blunderbuss. And rubbish!
    I came late to the party so no idea what the turkey gun is has anyone listed all the guns in the game from the begining be nice to know what we missed!

Not every gun but everyone I have is listed in recent thread. For holiday event I only bought higher weapon, lower weapon only completed half, so there was no point. Started playing game during "zombie deer" Halloween hunts; headsman pistol is from that.
  • appliancedudeappliancedude Registered Users 113 Posts
    I'm not impressed with it either the graphics are cool though
  • BounderbyBounderby Registered Users 31 Posts
    The Pachyderm doesn't seem to have the knockdown you'd expect for the power it's supposed to have, even maxxed out. Region 9 jackals and gazelle are still wearing kevlar and usually take a couple of shots to nail. Elephant and Rhinos are easier, but you have less range than the Barricade. Fun on quails and geese and wolverines, but they're easy anyway.

It's a fun addition to the gun collection. I thought it was going to be a double rifle/express rifle/elephant gun—pachyderm name and so on—but it is clearly a shotgun. As with many of the guns, it's a bit of everything...and the sights actually belong on an assault rifle rather than on a shotgun. Still, it's good fun and didn't cost anything...well done to Glu, I say.
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    I'm with the rest of the newbies, wasn't around for the turkey gun and I'm absolutely ****ed that I missed out on 'zombie deer'......**** you limited time hunts!!!! I still have a faint memory of shooting reindeer from the sky...too bad I didn't have this Pachyderm shotgun with its magic 11K damage bullets to take down Rudolph. It's interesting that I/we don't seem to care about the difference between the Grantham Swordfish shotgun at a whopping 323 power and this new shotgun some how being able to produce 11217 power....maybe the same 'reason' that animals get 'tougher skin' in higher ranked regions. DH give it up...eventually we will stop believing in tougher skin and magic bullets and you will have to produce an animal that is realistically harder to kill with a weapon that is reasonably more powerful. Bring on the dinosaurs!!! PS: post rant....new shotgun limitation of two shots is awesome and adds the needed difficulty to the game.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    Bounderby wrote: »
    Region 9 jackals and gazelle are still wearing kevlar and usually take a couple of shots to nail.

The assault rifle works really well on jackals and gazelle as well as most everything else...I rarely use the shotguns.
    Say What??
  • MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
    pistoff wrote: »

Fully agree with you. Considering its power (11217) I was expecting a sort of reduced version of the Big Bertha which could take with one shot 8 zebras, all rocks and trees around and half of the railway bridge. But it needs two shots to kill the armoured gazelles. So .... a beautiful item for decorating the smoking lounge. I suspect that its real value is to be the key for another future special event though.
    Menipo wrote: »
    I suspect that its real value is to be the key for another future special event though.

Me, too. We can but wait and see...
  • BounderbyBounderby Registered Users 31 Posts
    It is kinda fun using the Pachyderm in Region 6. Everything is in range. Region 7 hyenas will take 2 hits just standing there...and then they'll attack...4 of them can get a little busy. Still better than moose.
  • theangeliitheangelii Registered Users 123 Posts
    I bought the G&H for 180 gold pieces and competed the 60 hunts but did not get the Pachyderm Shotgun.
    is anyone who got the shotgun on an Android devise with version 4.4.2
  • Tyman2222Tyman2222 Registered Users 58 Posts
    The pachyderm is a powerful shot gun but there's no scope so you can only get one shot kills when they are close to you, I wish we could upgrade the sight and capacity.