Options

Amazing

TMan2TMan2 Registered Users 35 Posts
So after the long awaited IOS update can I just say it was well worth it. This was already a great game, but where it was lacking I believe those gaps have been filled by the latest update. I have had no bugs or issues either. Thanks Glu

Comments

• Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Has injected some much needed incentives to keep playing dh 2014 has finally overtaken dh reloaded in my view! Took a while but its got there with bounties and hidden regions with new weapons still not made my mind up about third currency tho'
    ( + )
  • Options
    HeerDunter2014HeerDunter2014 Registered Users 39 Posts
    How do you earn more rare call hunts? Is the only option to buy them?
  • Options
    Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts

Yes. Currently only way to obtain them is to buy them; besides the few you win while playing.
  • Options
    Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    Good update. Mixes it up well. I'm also not sure about the third currency. Wish we could use some of our Hunter Bucks for upgrading the bows.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    IslanderIslander Registered Users 113 Posts

There is a sucker born every minute. This whole new lost temple is just a way to force you to spend real dollars on rare calls to get the bow. Then you have to spend or buy gold to upgrade the bow, unless you spend platinum which will leave you with not enough platinum to buy the 2nd bow that is needed. Ridiculous. When is region 10 coming out? I have no intention of spending that kind of money on this gimmick. Heck you can buy a membership to pogo for less than that for a year, and have access to hundreds of games. Granted, not like deer hunter, but lots of good ones and you can play card games with real people.
  • Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    Islander wrote: »
    There is a sucker born every minute. This whole new lost temple is just a way to force you to spend real dollars on rare calls to get the bow. Then you have to spend or buy gold to upgrade the bow, unless you spend platinum which will leave you with not enough platinum to buy the 2nd bow that is needed. Ridiculous. When is region 10 coming out? I have no intention of spending that kind of money on this gimmick. Heck you can buy a membership to pogo for less than that for a year, and have access to hundreds of games. Granted, not like deer hunter, but lots of good ones and you can play card games with real people.

Lost Temple finished last night (Android). Real money spent to complete it $0.00. Did it all by grinding out contract hunts and weapon events to earn the rare hunts that paid platinum.
    Sure it takes longer to grind out the hunts to accumulate enough of the new currency for the upgrades, but it is easy enough to do without spending real cash that I had it done either just before or just after the IOS upgrade was available (it would be close). It did take a lot of hunts though...
    I tend to agree with you on gold-only events, though. I often pass on them unless I have a surplus and do not have to spend on upgrades (usually, you only need the weapon to take the hunt, at which point I switch to an already max'ed out weapon that I already own).
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    TMan2TMan2 Registered Users 35 Posts
    Exactly, that's why I am impressed with this update. For those that want to advance quicker they can buy rare calls. For those that don't mind grinding through, you don't have to spend any real money. I don't even mind the 3rd currency and you can earn enough through rare hunts to buy and upgrade both bows. And the bounties will keep me busy for awhile yet.
  • Options
    Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    The new update is great, it rewards players who spend time playing the game and it gives everything you need just by you putting time in. I totally support people spending money and supporting the game; it is an awesome game I enjoy so please keep helping it. I have never spent a cent and have been able to totally enjoy it.
  • Options
    HeerDunter2014HeerDunter2014 Registered Users 39 Posts
    It was just a question. Not a sucker here. Haven't spent a dime on this game. Just been grinding it out. Didn't realize that every time you play a hunt it subtracts 8 hours from the rare hunt. Not going to spend a dime on this game LOL. Thanks.

Islander wrote: »
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Glad to hear people are enjoying it.