Options

Getting logged out of this forum CONSTANTLY

I get logged out after a few minutes, then have to log back in again. This does not happen to me on any other site. Is this happening to anyone else? I already tried clearing the cookies and everything. That didn't work.

Comments

• Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    ASFx wrote: »
    I get logged out after a few minutes, then have to log back in again. This does not happen to me on any other site. Is this happening to anyone else? I already tried clearing the cookies and everything. That didn't work.

The auto-log out is set to 10 mins (just confirmed), so it shouldn't be from the forum side. :/
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    Click reply to thread while logged out and you'll be taken to a log in page. Tick the 'keep me logged in' box and you'll get a longer lasting cookie.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    pistoff wrote: »
    Click reply to thread while logged out and you'll be taken to a log in page. Tick the 'keep me logged in' box and you'll get a longer lasting cookie.

Thanks for sharing that tip!
  • Options
    ASFxASFx Registered Users 13 Posts
    pistoff wrote: »

Thank you! That fixed my problem. I wish that check box was at the top of the site next to the login box. It would save users a lot of frustration.
  • Options
    blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    I don't get that option. Only "remember me." Which I have checked, but time (well, ten minutes) will tell if that will also work. Why is the login time only set for ten minutes? I'll close the window if I don't want to come back for a while. I think it should at least be set for 24 hours. I've never had a forum log me out before this one at all, come to think of it...
    Facebook player
  • Options
    TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    Quote someone and sign in...it then gives the option to stay logged on......
    Say What??
  • Options
    DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    I had this problem on my laptop, but not on my phone. He remember me button is checked on my phone, I must have repeatedly missed that keep me logged in button on my laptop
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board