Options

DH totally unplayable on Android 4.0.3 tablet!!

DH totally unplayable on Iconia Tablet with Android 4.0.3!! The screens freeze up and it knocks me out of the game on most regions. Right now it is totally unplayable at all. I have over $100 invested in weapons and upgrades. I'm on level 9. Is there any way of downloading the game all over, and having the saves I have applied to the game. It has been automatically saving. How do you apply those saves if I re-install. Yes I did clear cache, stopped all other running programs and did everything suggested on this board. I have a lot of time and money invested, I NEED HELP!!!!

Comments

• Options
    GregaGrega Registered Users 12 Posts
    I wouldn't delete and download the game. Very good chance you will loose everything. The only you can do is send a support ticket and laugh at their lack of a response. For the rest of us that have had issues of not being able to play because we get dumped at the "main screen" with the river; some of us have waited a month for a fix. I don't think one is coming. If I were you, I wouldn't wait to long to contact the account you've paid your money to, Google Play I assume?, and start working on getting your money back. It truly appears they don't care that a bunch of us, playing on Android and IOS devices haven't been able to play for a month.
  • Options
    wsmitty01wsmitty01 Registered Users 37 Posts
    Got my answer from GLU support, lots of help,,,,,,,,,,,,NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing about reloading game or what to do with my saves

Hello,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.I have submitted this as a bug report to the programming team to investigate for possible inclusion in future updates.

Normally the solution is provided through an Update.Will Give a High Priority to this Issue.

Regards,
    Waseem
    customer care
    glu mobile
    http://www.glu.com/support
  • Options
    wsmitty01wsmitty01 Registered Users 37 Posts
    My last response to their no-answer answer and still no response!!

"How can I re-load the game and get all my stuff back from the save? Not answered in the original complaint. Why have saves if they can't be used or how can you change devices without starting all over . Lot of money invested with no solution to the original question or problem".
  • Options
    Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    Google is supposed to auto save but sometimes is problematic so a reinstall of the game may cause lose of data or could keep you right where you are at. If you know kills and/or hunts have been counting on leader board then it should be saving. A reinstall would most likely not fix any issue with the game, that is why it is typically not suggested.
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    wsmitty01 wrote: »
    My last response to their no-answer answer and still no response!!

"How can I re-load the game and get all my stuff back from the save? Not answered in the original complaint. Why have saves if they can't be used or how can you change devices without starting all over . Lot of money invested with no solution to the original question or problem".

I don't work for Glu, haven't tested this, and don't use Android, but....
    Is any DH game info saved on your computer's local hard drive? If yes, can you open the program as a file to see the folders inside? If there is a 'data' file to copy and you have another device you can download a new copy of DH on, then you could try replacing the second device's data file with the data file from the damaged copy...

Good luck with either fixing the game or getting your money back.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    In case you haven't seen this then. http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?99729-2-0-Crash-Hangs
  • Options
    daveygdaveyg Registered Users 2 Posts
    wsmitty01 wrote: »
    DH totally unplayable on Iconia Tablet with Android 4.0.3!! The screens freeze up and it knocks me out of the game on most regions. Right now it is totally unplayable at all. I have over $100 invested in weapons and upgrades. I'm on level 9. Is there any way of downloading the game all over, and having the saves I have applied to the game. It has been automatically saving. How do you apply those saves if I re-install. Yes I did clear cache, stopped all other running programs and did everything suggested on this board. I have a lot of time and money invested, I NEED HELP!!!!

Here is something you can try if you have another Android device (i.e. a mobile phone). Load DH2014 on the other device. Start the game and sign in with Google+. When the game starts you should be at your last save point. You may or may not have your Glu credits. Now, keeping the game up on the other device, go to your tablet and uninstall and re-install the game. Log off of the other device and start your game. Make sure to sign in with Google +. I do not know whether or not the game will work but you should still have your saves.