Options

Android Pistol Series Update

Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
Rather than starting countless threads about the same thing please understand that the update was released yesterday, it had major issues so it was pulled. It is having whatever bugs worked out and will be released again as soon as possible. Complaining about it or really doing anything other than just waiting will do no good, unless Glu asks for our help there is nothing else we can do. Feel free to complain away but let's try to keep it to less threads so information can be conveyed to us easier when info is available.
Here, I will start. Is this because android got update way earlier and for the first time with lost temple? Will we have to wait like Kindle did!?

Comments

• Options
    WmCWmC Registered Users 218 Posts
    I think we should get a clarification from gluadmin on the restoration of the progress that Android users had already made on this special hunt too. There are many that have committed extra resources if not real money to hunt this series and we need to be considered in the resolution and rerelease of the special hunt.
  • Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Got the update last night on kindle, wow! It's working just fine,got both pistols. Have to wait till tonight to start hunting!
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    SamZeeSamZee Registered Users 25 Posts
    Thanks for the clarification.

I am having another issue which has not been mentioned elsewhere.

Hope it is ok to do it here?

When upgrading the Headsman gun, the stability ends up on 20.8% The Headman Elite is 100%

Is this another bug Glu doesn't know about yet? lol
  • Options
    SamZee wrote: »
    Thanks for the clarification.

I am having another issue which has not been mentioned elsewhere.

Hope it is ok to do it here?

When upgrading the Headsman gun, the stability ends up on 20.8% The Headman Elite is 100%

Is this another bug Glu doesn't know about yet? lol

Yes that is correct, huge difference in stability; good question. Ask whatever; this thread is to pass time until what we are waiting for happens.
  • Options
    WmC wrote: »
    I think we should get a clarification from gluadmin on the restoration of the progress that Android users had already made on this special hunt too. There are many that have committed extra resources if not real money to hunt this series and we need to be considered in the resolution and rerelease of the special hunt.

If you used gold bought with cash then you should be somehow reimbursement; probably have to submit ticket for help, it is the only way they have view into your account. Purpose of pulling them would be to release it fresh; whether you completed it or not the correct rewards were not there for most. It will have to be released as new all over, and correct this time, lol.
  • Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    I'll just vent on how close I came to finishing the event.
    I got about halfway through both the Region 7 and Region 9 events using my assault rifle, rifle and shotgun and never being asked to use a pistol in the "pistols series" before I clued in that something was amiss. Found out to delete the file that was mentioned in another thread, and it worked like a charm (for me, anyway). I missed the special price for the weapons, but bought them anyway. Finished Region 7 and got the Plisskin Fang.
    I had 28 of 30 completed in Region 9 when I ran out of energy and had to wait for a couple of upgrades before I could progress. By that point is was past midnight and I decided to get some sleep and wrap it up in the morning. By the time I got up six hours later, the event was gone.
    If I had stayed up for just another 15 or 20 minutes, I would have received the upgrades and enough extra energy to have finished the last two hunts in Region 9 and received the assault rifle as well-- probably before the event was pulled. It was so close...
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    Just downloaded a new update, and the Spring Update is back. My previous progress is intact, too.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    slap chauchslap chauch Registered Users 36 Posts
    I received as well... Problem I'm having is it won't allow the maps to download. Full bars and Wi-Fi full bars. Never had an issue with connection before this update.
  • Options
    iahunteriahunter Registered Users 21 Posts
    Has the android bug been fixed? I completed level 9 and am half way thru 7. I need to buy the pistol to finish region 7 but received nothing for already finishing region 9. Any advice on how to proceed. I read I should delete the original update, but it seems like those who did had to start over.
  • Options
    Looks like we should be good now; thanks Glu for getting back to us quickly!
  • Options
    How does one go about resetting the pistol series hunts? I'm guessing that's the only way I'll get the rewards for doing them.
  • Options
    No idea; I don't think there is a way to reset them. If you didn't get reward because of bug best guess is a ticket will have to be submitted; unless Glu has a plan that doesn't fill up their ticket cache...
  • Options
    Sent a ticket in yesterday, so hopefully hear from them next couple of days. Not sure if I should keep playing or wait till I hear from them.
  • Options
    I don't see how you playing more would hurt anything; but to be completely honest I have never dealt with such an issue. Best of luck to you, hope it gets worked out.
  • Options
    mzbaekamzbaeka Registered Users 2 Posts
    I still have not received the update or fix and do not see the pistol series. My husband's s4, same phone as mine, got the notification of the zombie hunt being available at 6 tonight. How did you guys get the pistol series to come back?

I have it set to automatic updates but I checked through play and it doesn't show an update so I'm not sure what to do?
  • Options
    mzbaeka wrote: »
    I still have not received the update or fix and do not see the pistol series. My husband's s4, same phone as mine, got the notification of the zombie hunt being available at 6 tonight. How did you guys get the pistol series to come back?

I have it set to automatic updates but I checked through play and it doesn't show an update so I'm not sure what to do?

Update probably hasn't worked through to everyone yet, I use s4 also, should be soon.
  • Options
    John ReeseJohn Reese Registered Users 14 Posts
    well, it's progress, anyways. did the second update today. now i see the guns. but can't purchase them (already had the standard headsman from the last event months ago). my pistol series still show completed from yesterday. no rewarded weapons or anything. i'm a little frustrated due to the fact that i enjoy this game and feel that i've earned the weapons. all i'm really asking for is my pistol series to be reset. i'll happily do them again...
  • Options
    rather than talking sh!t or getting all worked up, i simply submitted a ticket. if my issues aren't resolved, i'll simply 86 the game from my phone and move on. i just made 68,000 kills. so i've put my time in. simple as that. the universe will unfold as it should and i'll look for another game to play. no need for theatrics...
  • Options
    B3tterthanhimB3tterthanhim Registered Users 7 Posts
    For those still upgrading your headsman elite, don't bother upgrading stock past level 3. If you upgrade everything else you still have max stats. Save yourself a little cash from my mistake.
  • Options
    beerhunterbeerhunter Registered Users 277 Posts
    ...everything running smoothly here now (s3 with 4.3)... made it through both pistol series - used the gripton though on about half of the hunts - and got rewarded silver eagles, plisskin fang in r7 and grantham oxford in r9... nice and easy... waiting for r10...
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Is anyone still seeing issues with this? We believe this was fixed in the last update this weekend.
  • Options
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Is anyone still seeing issues with this? We believe this was fixed in the last update this weekend.

Yes it was all fixed as far as I can tell. Only issues are people who feel cheated because of missed eagles or not receiving guns; depending what they had completed. I received guns as I was supposed to because I waited for the update to fix things to complete the two series, I care less about the few eagles I missed. Thank you to glu for quick fix. Original fix of deleting file totally worked but unfortunately someone gave faulty info on how to delete that file, so pulling update was a great move. Hope you all work through the massive issues that a few hours of a faulty (bugged) release caused; as upset as people may be, in my opinion, you all were on top of it and got it fixed quick.
  • Options
    yes, I am. I submitted a ticket. some of us completed the pistol series before being aware of a problem. the second update did not resolve this problem. I don't live here on the forum in every thread. and I do not feel cheated. I simply would like my pistol series reset so that I can earn the weapons as intended. thank you...
  • Options
    I'm wondering what is the current android version number. I'm currently running 2.0.0 is that correct? I started over after bug issues wouldn't allow me replay the pistol series missions, would rather not repeat the process twice in the same week if the zombies are still buggy.
  • Options
    iahunter wrote: »
    I'm wondering what is the current android version number. I'm currently running 2.0.0 is that correct? I started over after bug issues wouldn't allow me replay the pistol series missions, would rather not repeat the process twice in the same week if the zombies are still buggy.

As far as I know yes. It is 2.0.0 followed by 3/28/2014.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info much appreciated.
  • Options
    John Reese wrote: »
    yes, I am. I submitted a ticket. some of us completed the pistol series before being aware of a problem. the second update did not resolve this problem. I don't live here on the forum in every thread. and I do not feel cheated. I simply would like my pistol series reset so that I can earn the weapons as intended. thank you...

Unfortunately anyone that finished the two series before the bug was fixed will have to submit a ticket as far as I know; and be patient. Even though it was pulled quickly a lot of people seem to have this issue, plus I am certain a lot of unnecessary tickets were put in too. Best of luck to you and everyone else experiencing this issue. Best guess is they will find a way to award the weapons that should have been awarded, instead of trying to reset a series.