Options

buying guns ahead of your level?

ob1ob1 Registered Users 1 Posts
Noob question...I am in level 6 but have the cash to buy a level 8 gun-will I be allowed to use it? Don't want to waste 200k on something I can't use :)

Comments

• Options
    Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    Yes, I always bought way ahead to build cash up quicker even though it just ends up stockpiled if you play a lot. Highest powered rifle you can afford is the best bet.
  • Options
    IslanderIslander Registered Users 113 Posts
    I won the automatic rifle for region 10 in the spring event. Tried it in region 9, hate it. I like my region 9 auto rife better. Before anyone asks yes, it is fully upgraded up to the usual point where you have to use gold. Low on gold because I bit and side mine on the 2 totally useless pistols for the zombie event.
  • Options
    Timber ghostTimber ghost Registered Users 371 Posts
    Islander wrote: »
    I won the automatic rifle for region 10 in the spring event. Tried it in region 9, hate it. I like my region 9 auto rife better. Before anyone asks yes, it is fully upgraded up to the usual point where you have to use gold. Low on gold because I bit and side mine on the 2 totally useless pistols for the zombie event.

The way I look at it is this is a two for one deal:I paid the gold to get the two pistols,and got two weapons for region ten FREE---cheapest way to get weapons that will be needed later,GLU made some $$$ off of people buying gold for this event,however by rewarding the region 10 weapons,GLU did give everyone the chance to save on future required weapons---
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    .....cheapest way to get weapons that will be needed later,GLU made some $$$ off of people buying gold for this event,....---

Deer Hunter is still a free game right? I understand the incentive to buy weapons with gold, but if it becomes a requirement it's not really a free game anymore. Yes, technically there is free gold, but realistically to a new player of the game, they won't see those options as 'free' and will probably get that 'scammy vibe' that we are used to protecting ourselves from.

I hope they keep the adequate weapon for hunter bucks option available moving forward.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    Timber ghostTimber ghost Registered Users 371 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    Deer Hunter is still a free game right? I understand the incentive to buy weapons with gold, but if it becomes a requirement it's not really a free game anymore. Yes, technically there is free gold, but realistically to a new player of the game, they won't see those options as 'free' and will probably get that 'scammy vibe' that we are used to protecting ourselves from.

I hope they keep the adequate weapon for hunter bucks option available moving forward.

FYI for the newer players:--to avoid the scammy vibe

Yeah it's still free,ok so some of the weapons require gold to purchase.GLU didn't make the game so it is required to buy gold,as most people know free gold is available by pressing the the golden box with the plus sign or pressing the special button,then you can watch a bunch of 30 second videos or participate in the offers for free gold ---when the app is opened in App Store it states-offers in app purchases--which are for gold ,money,consumables,permits----so to me that implies that you could spend some money on the game. And there is plenty of time between releases to acquire free gold and build up the bank roll--
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    I managed to save nearly 900 gold in the last few weeks or so by watching ads, taking out one of the Tapjoy offers that I was thinking of doing anyway and then the new bounties added on top, so it can all be done for free. I spent 79 on the Headsman and 159 on the Elite and am heading towards 700 again now. I find every few days at about 4am (in the UK) the video ads seem to be almost limitless and I can watch 2-300 before my device grinds to a halt and I have to restart it. The 4am bit isn't a problem as I work night shifts!
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    I'm enjoying the game I'm over forty so black quail against dark grey skies not easy to pick up on galaxy note II but I've just completed zombie series which I loved I missing so platinums as I played to level 21 both hunts before bug got them pulled but the event weapons and reward weapons a welcome addition to my weapon cache still want a 12 gauge ak47 / AA 12 shotguns with drum mags and a gold desert eagle pistol hoping they added at some point but choice to win gold with bounties helped fund purchase of event weapons hunter bucks hopefully can purchase region 10.weapons when it's released as well hoping next friday?
    ( + )