Options

Who would be in favor of a bata test before releases

Timber ghostTimber ghost Registered Users 371 Posts
Just a thought,after just happen with the zombie release. I think it would benefit both GLU and the end users.
If there was way for GLU to select some of us gamers ,using ISO and android,as well as different devices to test the release before it is released to the population--there would have to some kind of confidentially agreement .GLU dose a great job of getting the fixes released as soon as possible.

I think is better to be pro-active then re-active
Also this would decrease to stress level of a lot of gamers

good idea /bad idea --any other thoughts

Comments

• Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    If there is a way to save our game data, then yes, beta testing would be an improvement. We kind of already are beta testing, but without the security of not loosing our game data. In order to be sure it was a true test we could only have one version of DH on our device, either beta or original version. I would sign up for the beta version, as long as I could save game data.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    I would love to test it out for them and I have game backed up outside of Google so I would not have to worry about losing anything.
  • Options
    Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    Timber ghost is a genius. GLU should hire him as a consultant.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
  • Options
    FVKFVK Registered Users 28 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    If there is a way to save our game data, then yes, beta testing would be an improvement. We kind of already are beta testing, but without the security of not loosing our game data. In order to be sure it was a true test we could only have one version of DH on our device, either beta or original version. I would sign up for the beta version, as long as I could save game data.

I completely agree on being able to save your game data and progress. If my iPad were to reset or something terrible, a few months of game progress would be totally lost forever. How does that make sense? I haven't really been playing as long as most of you guys and gals, but I've come far enough that if I were to for some reason lose my data, I wouldn't start over at all. It's sad to say and I do in fact really like this game. But come on. There really needs to be some major improvements and updates. Not zombie clones that act 100% the same as their non zombie clone. LAME. The bows and the animations of the new pistols are on point. Let's get it together glu and fix what really needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    FVK wrote: »
    I completely agree on being able to save your game data and progress. If my iPad were to reset or something terrible, a few months of game progress would be totally lost forever. How does that make sense? I haven't really been playing as longer as most of you guys and gals, but I've come far enough that if I were to for some reason lose my data, I wouldn't start over at all. It's sad to say and I do in fact really like this game. But come on. There really needs to be some major improvements and updates. Not zombie clones that act 100% the same as their non zombie clone. LAME. The bows and the animations of the new pistols are on point. Let's get it together glu and fix what really needs to be fixed.

Idea:there could be a special app DeerHunter Bata---you could be sent a one time use log in the app, also it could access a private chat room

Zombies new animals run the same pattern- didn't live up to the expectation --however still worth the reward--good event to collect weapons --need the rifle now--that would be nice to start region 10
  • Options
    Kyra420 wrote: »
    I would love to test it out for them and I have game backed up outside of Google so I would not have to worry about losing anything.
    You have to promise to play nice--lol--you got my vote
  • Options
    Thank you for the feed back--new territory ---hopefully there will some more feed back
  • Options
    brushmaster78brushmaster78 Registered Users 21 Posts
    I would love to Beta test. I think it would be very beneficial.
  • Options
    FVKFVK Registered Users 28 Posts
    I wish there was an automatic rifle available to purchase with hunter bucks, rather than tons and tons of gold. Also- it's ridiculous that the infrared scope for the R. Hound is so much gold. How are we able to afford these event-specific weapons when you charge 500+ gold for a rifle. And 200+ gold for one weapon upgrade!!?? There's no possible way to stockpile all this gold to save for weapons needed to actually play the game. This whole gold thing really takes a lot of fun out of the game. More gold should be rewarded in different aspects of the game. I understand you can sit and watch videos all day for very little gold. But honestly, in the small amount of spare time I have to play- I'd much rather actually play. Anyone agree??
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    FVK wrote: »
    More gold should be rewarded in different aspects of the game.

Agreed. Bounties section was good. Platinum coins that you earn through playing the game, rather than buy, also good. What other ideas can we give Glu to reward us gold for skilled play?
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    d3t0xd3t0x Registered Users 13 Posts
    Make a version of a way harder hunt if you want...like normal or insane etc. not unlike how games like Plague are set up...

Also, it seems like the reason they put the gold limit in is to push more out of game purchases which is fine if they let you know up front what is going to be the limit before you need to sign up for ads or pay. Sometimes I just want to see what the next upgrade looks like on the gun needed or not. The hidden region hunts jump a cliff at the Rhino for the crossbow. If I had known that I might have planned differently...kind of like a skill tree shows you a path you can determine etc.

Make it harder...then limit contract hunts and up gold rewards for the harder level hunts would seem to be valid to me.

D
  • Options
    Also it seems like the reason they put that artifical gold limit on the Infra scope for the higher end assault rifles is because the mechanic must be broken based on firing capabilities etc. when you put that in play. To me, balance it another way and vary brain and heart shots etc...something...or make you take shots without IR at times...something like that?
  • Options
    d3t0x wrote: »
    Make a version of a way harder hunt if you want...like normal or insane etc. not unlike how games like Plague are set up...

Also, it seems like the reason they put the gold limit in is to push more out of game purchases which is fine if they let you know up front what is going to be the limit before you need to sign up for ads or pay. Sometimes I just want to see what the next upgrade looks like on the gun needed or not. The hidden region hunts jump a cliff at the Rhino for the crossbow. If I had known that I might have planned differently...kind of like a skill tree shows you a path you can determine etc.

Make it harder...then limit contract hunts and up gold rewards for the harder level hunts would seem to be valid to me.

D
    Obvious you know gold is part of the game,and will be needed at some point, so planning ahead would be a good idea
    Why limit the contract hunts?
  • Options
    Also it seems like the reason they put that artifical gold limit on the Infra scope for the higher end assault rifles is because the mechanic must be broken based on firing capabilities etc. when you put that in play. To me, balance it another way and vary brain and heart shots etc...something...or make you take shots without IR at times...something like that?

Nothing to do with the mechanics of using the IR scope,it's just that rifle are equipped with IR scope ,so,if you want a second rifle equipped with one then it's going to cost--
    Mechanics ---seriously ,that is your reason for the upgrade costing gold
  • Options
    I am just saying that if what they want is a Freemium game then they can draw a defining line by truly limiting the contract hunts just like they do the other hunts.

Actually the Hidden Region hunt I am referring to cannot be solved with gold. It can only be solved with the Silver Eagles or whatever which I can of course purchase (I think) but if I had been able to see the path...I might have chosen to stockpile more silver. The elevation of requirements for the crossbow at the Rhino was an exceptionally high jump compared to just about anything else I have seen in the game by a very wide margin. Huge power and stability requirements. Unless that too is a bug? Like I am beginning to wonder if the crossbow can get to that stability requirement because I am capped out in two or three upgrade categories on it and still 10 percent off.
  • Options
    If what you said about a second rifle holds true the then why 2 bow weapons with IR close to one another and both achievable without that substantive expenditure in gold?

Also, does the reward for gold leveling jump up once you git the 30s and 40s and 50s?

Doing a repetive contract hunt to just grind seems counter intuitive to the premise of maintaining interest.

Just make the hunts choosable at different difficulty levels so you can see who has skill and who does not. Scale the rewards appropriately.
  • Options
    And when I said mechanics, I meant that the AR with IR probably becomes a default choice for a ton of hunts trivializing the use of a rifle because the power you can gen (especially with a hollow point option) plus fire rate and IR makes it a very strong (maybe overly strong) weapon no matter the hunt up until the 16x plus organ specific hunts.
  • Options
    And when I said mechanics, I meant that the AR with IR probably becomes a default choice for a ton of hunts trivializing the use of a rifle because the power you can gen (especially with a hollow point option) plus fire rate and IR makes it a very strong (maybe overly strong) weapon no matter the hunt up until the 16x plus organ specific hunts.

I do,agree,with you , I use my assault rifle,the majority of the time
  • Options
    If what you said about a second rifle holds true the then why 2 bow weapons with IR close to one another and both achievable without that substantive expenditure in gold?

Also, does the reward for gold leveling jump up once you git the 30s and 40s and 50s?

Doing a repetive contract hunt to just grind seems counter intuitive to the premise of maintaining interest.

Just make the hunts choosable at different difficulty levels so you can see who has skill and who does not. Scale the rewards appropriately.

Can't answer you question about bow,just the direction the programmers took with the 3 bows

Gold reward for leveling stays the same,at least in to the 60's--

Contract hunts are just a way of passing time and gaining cash

Different skill levels,compatible reward,this was been posted before--still a great idea