Spur wig ducks are ducks

DebDeb Registered Users 25 Posts
One of the bounties is to kill ducks with an assault rifle. Well isn't a Spurwing duck, a duck? Why don't they count towards the bounty?

Comments

• Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    Some say because there is no such thing, they are really spurwing geese and the game got it wrong. You are completely correct that they don't count. Only region 1 and 6 have ducks that count, region 6 only has one 10 duck hunt. If you want you can shoot 9 of the 10, fail hunt, and repeat until bounty is done.
  • SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    Despite the name in the game, Spurwings are technically geese.
    Technically, they are African too.
    At least in the game they are shaped like geese instead of ducks...
    Try region 1 or preferably 6 for the bounty.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • deer sleigherdeer sleigher Registered Users 317 Posts
    Best region to hunt spurwings is?
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    I got them in HR 2. There are other regions, but I can't remember exactly where.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • triggerhappytriggerhappy Registered Users 159 Posts
    Kyra420 wrote: »
    Some say because there is no such thing, they are really spurwing geese and the game got it wrong. You are completely correct that they don't count. Only region 1 and 6 have ducks that count, region 6 only has one 10 duck hunt. If you want you can shoot 9 of the 10, fail hunt, and repeat until bounty is done.

HR3 has ducks as well.
  • JgoberynJgoberyn Registered Users 81 Posts
    Spurwing Ducks are in regions 5 and 10, and HR2. Normal ducks are in regions 1 and 6, and HR3.
  • deer sleigherdeer sleigher Registered Users 317 Posts
    Thank you I found them in hr2 and r10 the bird hunts are among my favourites in the game
  • JgoberynJgoberyn Registered Users 81 Posts
    Yeah I like them as well, especially trying to do them with a bow. Also, because I'm a little bit OCD, it really bugs me that R16 featured pheasants - if it had featured Bar-headed goose instead (which is reasonable for the Caspian Basin) there would be two standard regions for each type of bird. Oh well...
  • jgrammentzjgrammentz Registered Users 131 Posts
    I found it fun to use the Christmas chaingun ARs like the Kringle to shoot the ducks for the bounty.
    Phone Samsung s6 galaxy Android 5.0.2, Tablet miTraveller Android 4.0
  • Max SterlingMax Sterling Registered Users 311 Posts
    jgrammentz wrote: »
    I found it fun to use the Christmas chaingun ARs like the Kringle to shoot the ducks for the bounty.

Yes! Thought I was the only one. Been doing that since last Summer.:)