Need advice

LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
I,m on region 4 and need to purchase an assault rifle. I have enough money to get a region 7 rifle. Should I purchase a higher level rifle or the region appropriate rifle?

Comments

• 3judges3judges Registered Users 8 Posts
    If you are fast enough with a rifle then accept the challenge and hunt. I jump level when purchasing weapons. I think I got my region 9 shotgun by region 6 and region 9 rifle in region 7. In region 8 I got the assault rifle
  • LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    3judges wrote: »
    If you are fast enough with a rifle then accept the challenge and hunt. I jump level when purchasing weapons. I think I got my region 9 shotgun by region 6 and region 9 rifle in region 7. In region 8 I got the assault rifle

I,m missing out on the club hunts that require an assault rifle. Are the club hunts profitable enough to justify the purchase
  • pawkapawka Registered Users 49 Posts
    Get the best you can afford, once you start using a assault rifle you won't go back. The fast fire rate makes things much easier.
  • straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    I deride a sense of satisfaction completing hunts with lower power than stipulated if the hunt says a higher power is recommended you can accept.the.challenge allowing lower power weapons to be used but agree in order to progress in game get the most powerful weapons you can and compare reload times and rates of fire as some hunts require organ shots on multiple prey I'm thinking putting infared on my region 9 pistol but this could be a complete.waste of glu coin
    ( + )
  • DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    i did not buy anything but rifles until very late in the game. if a mission says you need 5 kills and higher damage is recommended i still attempt it.

I however do not do the same when it says 2 lung/heart/brain shots and higher damage recommended.

The difference is that for the 5 ills it is easy, you just have to get lung shots or better to make up for lack in stopping power, whereas on the other missions you will most likely have to hit the same animals multiple times which is hard because the animal you hit immediately runs.

i have done those though and it sort of makes the game more fun to me... hit 2 in the legs rather than finish the first off, cause now they wont get away, and they will be slow enough to infrared in on their hearts

i got off topic... the trophy hunts require RIFLEs so i never bought anything else, but if you choose to buy another weapon you will be best off hiting the club hunts with it at least once each to make up for your debt, in addition to the contract hunts to gain money
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • garymckinnon31garymckinnon31 Registered Users 176 Posts
    I have yet to buy a assault rifle because I try to get the high power rifles. They are a half of a second slower then the assault rifle but it does take coins for the rifle unfortunately. Good luck
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    If you can't afford the Oxford, May I recommend the barbarian, its my tried and true weapon of choice! Bought it at region 1 and it carried me a long way.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Timber ghostTimber ghost Registered Users 371 Posts
    Los wrote: »
    I,m missing out on the club hunts that require an assault rifle. Are the club hunts profitable enough to justify the purchase

Yes you can rack up some serious bucks,however you don't receive the money when you finish the hunt,instead you have to wait until the the is 100% completed,then there will be a timer--when that timer reaches 0 then your cash will be rewarded, I just 3 cash reward today from prior club hunts, they pop up during the game,touch the pop up and watch you bank roll grow --well worth it plus the kills count toward the bounties---it's a win,win