Options

Worth gold to have infared on an rifles?

IslanderIslander Registered Users 113 Posts
Wondering if it's worth spending 300 or so gold on. I rarely use the regular rifles, but need infared for the brain shots. I am tired of switching back to the rifle just to get the brain shots.

Comments

• Options
    IslanderIslander Registered Users 113 Posts
    Title should read AR.. Glu calls it assault rifle, I refuse to call it that.
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    I fitted ir to my region 10 ar and was very happy with the additional ability to take more organ shots depends what your preferences are in the game whether it's worth 300 glu credits to you bear in mind easter weekend may bring further additional weapons to the table with platinum eagle event you may want to see what's coming up before spending the glu
    ( + )
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    Islander wrote: »
    Wondering if it's worth spending 300 or so gold on. I rarely use the regular rifles, but need infared for the brain shots. I am tired of switching back to the rifle just to get the brain shots.

I equipped my region 8 AR with infrared it really made it easy to get all of the bounties involving all of the organ shots.

Also the bows have infrared. I got a lot of brain shots in the hidden region using the bow and cross bow.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    cassperrcassperr Registered Users 4 Posts
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    I equipped my region 8 AR with infrared it really made it easy to get all of the bounties involving all of the organ shots.

Also the bows have infrared. I got a lot of brain shots in the hidden region using the bow and cross bow.

Wheres the option to put it on??
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    cassperr wrote: »
    Wheres the option to put it on??

Go to where you upgrade the scope. You will need gold to upgrade the scope.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    cassperrcassperr Registered Users 4 Posts
    ahh, I dont ever upgrade the scope but twice on my AR.
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Is it worth it to change your gaming experience with more capable weapons is the overall question, knowing that eventually the power rating will become outdated for every weapon. I think the more choices you have to use different weapons is better than finding more efficient ways to 'get through' the game with one super weapon. Although downgrading attachments is always an option.

This game gives you plenty of time/currency to get all the weapons you need plus weapons you don't, and I end up with the weapons I like the looks/sound of; that still have the capability to pass the hunt.

I'm waiting to see what the region 11 AR looks like to upgrade to inferred. I like the new simplicity design of the Cog, R300, Oxford. The Force has a good bulky look for a shotgun even if it is a 2200X redo. The Fang though? I'd take the P808 or TactX over the Fang any day.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    Stockpile weapons cache for going contract hunts gives lots of options to redo hunts with different challenge each time between region releases I quite like the fang pistol seems more accurate than headsman elite for me hoping easter brings us closer to hidden region 2 release and more bow hunts
    ( + )
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Stockpile weapons cache for going contract hunts gives lots of options to redo hunts with different challenge each time between region releases I quite like the fang pistol seems more accurate than headsman elite for me hoping easter brings us closer to hidden region 2 release and more bow hunts

I totally agree with the different weapons giving you "lots of options", which is more fun.

I like the Fangs statistics/accuracy....I was talking about the design of it though. The Fang looks like the Havoc except they taped a computer hard drive to the bottom of it. Maybe I would think differently if there were levels of laser beam targeting that was a part of the game, but so far it's just a design thing.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Someone at Glu is a fan of the "escape from New York" movie, the main character is snake plissken. Played by Kurt Russell.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    I noticed movies crept into weapons shop names of guns good movie to pay homage to
    ( + )
  • Options
    biggamepisalbiggamepisal Registered Users 115 Posts
    Equip your most advanced weapon with infrared. Wait a few levels and do it again. No need to put it on all rifles. Skip a few levels worth of rifles and then upgrade your most advanced rifle.