Jackal killing region 9

AueglAuegl Registered Users 4 Posts
Still learning this and enjoying but having a difficult time killing the jackals (10 of 'em) in region 9 standard. Any hints or tips? I'm using a pitbull at 6799 power and have to shoot 3-4 times and still may not kill them. Thanks

Comments

• Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    I always used my rifle for one hit kills.
  • DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    Auegl wrote: »
    Still learning this and enjoying but having a difficult time killing the jackals (10 of 'em) in region 9 standard. Any hints or tips? I'm using a pitbull at 6799 power and have to shoot 3-4 times and still may not kill them. Thanks

You shouldnt be having this problem. It might be the device you are using, but its really simple, shotguns are stronger at close range, so dont shoot at them when until they are close. aim for the head or lung and you should kill them first shot.

Its up to you whether you want to look down the sights or hip fire, what ever is easiest for you.

Hope this helps, if not go ahead and say so
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • AueglAuegl Registered Users 4 Posts
    I'm on an iPad 2. I try to shoot them close but just not having the success I think I should. I don't have the problem with any other animals when they are running by. The big ones seem easier. The dang jackals just seem tough...for me anyway. I tried my rifle but the scope is too close and I not that good hip shooting it. I'll just keep trying. Thanks for the replys.
  • Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    I'm on an iPad 2. I try to shoot them close but just not having the success I think I should. I don't have the problem with any other animals when they are running by. The big ones seem easier. The dang jackals just seem tough...for me anyway. I tried my rifle but the scope is too close and I not that good hip shooting it. I'll just keep trying. Thanks for the replys.

Sorry, should have suggested that with using the rifle first go into upgrades and fit the lowest scope you can.
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts

I'm on an iPad as well and had the same issue with the jackals at first. For hunts that require 8 or more kills, try an assault rifle while using open sites so you can target the next one quickly and it doesn't really matter if you hit them from close or far away.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Shotguns my load out for jackals and wolverines and shooting twice doe's happen but shotgun by far the best bet
    ( + )
  • IslanderIslander Registered Users 113 Posts

I don't even mess with them anymore. I change regions rather than deal with them. They were hard enough before the update but after the update they are super hard and frustrating so I just skip them. Ridiculous that guns I can kill a Rhino with won't phase them in region 9. No problem killing the same animal in region 7.
  • blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    I use a pistol or assault rifle. If you hit them in the head or center mass, they drop at any range.
    Facebook player
  • LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    I'm using the grantham oxford with the first upgraded sight. 5.5 zoom, I think. It's working a lot better than my shotgun.
  • vid666vid666 Registered Users 76 Posts
    Wait til you get to the armor plated wolverines in region 10. I am using the headsman elite pistol and giving the 1 or 2 quick shots with no problem, no scoping, when they are close. In fact, the headsman elite is way better than the region 10 pistol. I use the headsman elite on every single region 10 contract hunt now. It makes it fun. grab it if they put it on a cheap sale soon.
  • Baldman5150Baldman5150 Registered Users 15 Posts
    I always use my assult rifle and never have problems. It might take two shots if you miss the head shot. But it is a lot faster shooting than the rifle or the shotgun