Open Season - Total Platinum 272

beerhunterbeerhunter Registered Users 277 Posts
...just for the stats, in open season event the platinum to be won is:

88 in region 3
184 in region 4
272 total

at least, that's what i (being on android) got, guess it's the same on ios...?

overall an interesting event would i say, lots of turkeys.... once again, nice work, glu!

used the clayton force on just about everything except for some of the far distance shots i switched to the assault rifle.

both event guns need strength pretty much maxed out and - interesting, unlike previous events - when 'xyz strength' is required it won't help to bring another a.r. (say the oxford) in the second slot even if it's more than strong enough; you'll have to increase the strength of the sao2.

some of the boars and black turkeys not too easy and striped turkeys rather quick in comparison to other hunts.

well, as i said, enjoyed it... happy hunting folks!
Prev1

Comments

• todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Use the weapons meant for the hunt man! That's the challenge, jeeezz!
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
    beerhunter wrote: »
    ...just for the stats, in open season event the platinum to be won is:

88 in region 3
    184 in region 4
    272 total

[...]

both event guns need strength pretty much maxed out and - interesting, unlike previous events - when 'xyz strength' is required it won't help to bring another a.r. (say the oxford) in the second slot even if it's more than strong enough; you'll have to increase the strength of the sao2.

some of the boars and black turkeys not too easy and striped turkeys rather quick in comparison to other hunts.

well, as i said, enjoyed it... happy hunting folks!

Thanks for the info, Beerhunter.

Are those amounts net of the eagles you have to spend maxing out the two weapons? I have seen, for instance, that the pistol for Region 3 (Westin Nagano) starts with 83 power and has a max of 123. Upgrades can only be made with gold or eagles. If you said that both weapons need to be maxed out, I assume that a bunch of eagles will need to be spent for that.

I have not started the hunting because I am finishing the bounties to get the gold (every bar counts) and be able to buy the AR needed. It would be a disaster if I am made an special offer and I cannot buy because I lack a few bars. I see that in Region 3 there are 30 hunts and at least the first one awards 1 eagle. Since the final reward is 15 eagles (no free weapons this time) I was assuming that the total would be 45 (1x30+15). But you said that you got 88 so probably more than 1 eagle will be awarded in hunts #10 and beyond. The same happens in Region 4: there are 30 hunts and the first one awards 3 eagles. Since the final reward is 30 eagles, I assumed 120 (3x30+30). But you got 184, so more eagles will be awarded once a certain number of hunts has been completed.

Thanks again.
  • beerhunterbeerhunter Registered Users 277 Posts
    ...yes, the event weapons can be upgraded only with platinum eagles or gold (which i used in order to not have to spend eagles, never know what they're gonna be good for) but of course you could use eagles as they come in and 'spend as you earn'. one time i had to use eagles for an upgrade as i wasn't given the option to use gold.

the amounts stated (88+184=272) are the total eagles EARNED, i added the eagles spent in the end again, so 272 is the total you would have if you didn't spend any at all.

and yes, later hunts reward more than 1 or 3... otherwise, as you say, it wouldn't amount to those sums.

@todfoxx -- yeah, yeah, i know... lazy hunting that is... just love blasting away with the force but as i mentioned i actually did 'try out' the event guns on a few of the hunts just for the touch and feel... still you're right from a 'moral point of view'; a good and brave hunter would only use the weapons given... ;-)
  • Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    I started with 872 platinum eagles, I ended the two hunts with 996 platinum's after upgrading the assault rifle with 156 platinum's. By my math I earned 280 platinum eagles. I am on iOS. I also got a one time offer on the gun for 60% off, bought it for 159 gold bars. I already had the pistol maxed out. It was fun, took my time on this one and didn't use golds to re-energize lol.
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
    ...seems you get more on ios... will have to check with a friend (also playing on android) when he finishes the event or maybe some others here could confirm the 272 for android and 280 for ios... why would there be a difference? 100% certain having my figures straight here and absolutely sure i got 'only' 272... where did the other 8 go...?
  • LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    No open season event available on my iPad yet, no news on it either. What's up?
  • gbirdgbird Registered Users 57 Posts
    Todfoxx don't you play on a kindle?
    I play on an iPad. Still no update!
  • RooneRoone Registered Users 253 Posts
    To get this event you have to update the game to 2.1.0 from the Apple Store.
    That was my problem, thank you!
  • straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    It's like thanksgiving all the turkeys running around like the pop of feathers effect!
    ( + )
    I started with 872 platinum eagles, I ended the two hunts with 996 platinum's after upgrading the assault rifle with 156 platinum's. By my math I earned 280 platinum eagles. I am on iOS. I also got a one time offer on the gun for 60% off, bought it for 159 gold bars. I already had the pistol maxed out. It was fun, took my time on this one and didn't use golds to re-energize lol.

OMG! If Region 4 awards 184 eagles and 156 are required to upgrade the AR, and Region 3 has a similar reduction (88 eagles awarded and 74 eagles required to upgrade the pistol) ... that makes a net increase after completing both hunts of some 40 eagles!!!! :eek:

This way we'll never be able to fully upgrade the Barton
    Is the westin pistol a requirement for the pistol series? If so do we get a one time offer price?
    Menipo wrote: »
    OMG! If Region 4 awards 184 eagles and 156 are required to upgrade the AR, and Region 3 has a similar reduction (88 eagles awarded and 74 eagles required to upgrade the pistol) ... that makes a net increase after completing both hunts of some 40 eagles!!!! :eek:

I'm assuming that when the bow is needed in hidden region 2 perhaps, platinum coins will be made available to upgrade the Barton. Right now it's useless, it won't stop the higher region animals. I'm not starting any upgrades on it until it's required, because there may be something else that requires platinum eagles prior to the next bow series.
  • Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts

I didn't know you had to upgrade the pistol with platinum's. I owned the gun prior to the event and had it fully upgraded. After upgrading the assault rifle needed to complete region 4 I ended up with an increase of 124....... Not the "tons" promised
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
  • straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Finally got barton pretty much how I want just grip at.level 7.. black turkeys against black night made for an interesting hunt just pink head narely visible moving and jackels last hunt assault I was using open sights hard to see and they didn't attack after I opened fire like I expected glad bartons finally there or thereabouts upgraded!
    ( + )
    Los wrote: »
    I'm assuming that when the bow is needed in hidden region 2 perhaps, platinum coins will be made available to upgrade the Barton. Right now it's useless, it won't stop the higher region animals. I'm not starting any upgrades on it until it's required, because there may be something else that requires platinum eagles prior to the next bow series.

I am doing the same (not upgrading the Barton just in case the eagles are needed for other purposes before the next bow series comes). But when the next bow series is released, I would love to have enough eagles to fully upgrade the bow from the begining because otherwise, progression will be much slower (you might not be able to do the trophy/series hunts till you have upgraded the bow, and to do it you might need to repeat contract hunts).
    I didn't know you had to upgrade the pistol with platinum's. I owned the gun prior to the event and had it fully upgraded. After upgrading the assault rifle needed to complete region 4 I ended up with an increase of 124....... Not the "tons" promised

Unfortunately that is the case. I have now completed the first 10 hunts (energy exhausted now) and received 14 eagles but had to spend 4 in upgrades. Let's see what happens in further hunts.

I also had the Nagano (if I remember correctly it was the prize of one of the Christmas' hunts) but was stupid enough not to fully upgrade it when that was possible with hunter bucks. Being a Region 3 pistol I thought that it was useless. Now I have to use eagles .... In order to avoid that this happens again to me I have bought ALL weapons of all regions that can be bought with hunter bucks and have fully upgraded them (I am sitting on a pile of millions of hunter bucks, so no big deal). Gold weapons are out of my limits.
    Is the westin pistol a requirement for the pistol series? If so do we get a one time offer price?

I do not know. I already had that pistol.
  • Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts

Yes it is required and I got a special offer to buy it. I believe it was offered after the second hunt.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:

...buddy just confirmed; it's 272 gross plats on android. wonder where the difference comes from...? lucky ios users this time it seems...
  • marcus715marcus715 Registered Users 24 Posts
    I play on my kindle and have not received the update yet.. what guns are required?
  • BlikenBliken Registered Users 8 Posts
    So I have region 7,9,10 of all weapons but I need to spend gold to buy a region 3 pistol and region 4 assault rifle?

That doesn't make sense.....it says need 207 power assault rifle. Well my region 10 assault rifle has power 22xx so it should work. But it doesn't.

That stinks. And also doesn't make sense.
  • SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    Bliken wrote: »
    So I have region 7,9,10 of all weapons but I need to spend gold to buy a region 3 pistol and region 4 assault rifle?

That doesn't make sense.....it says need 207 power assault rifle. Well my region 10 assault rifle has power 22xx so it should work. But it doesn't.

That stinks. And also doesn't make sense.

If you want to play the event, then yes you need to buy the required weapons. If you don't want to play the event, then don't buy the weapons.

This is nothing new for event weapons.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    Well, now know how much a platinum eagle weighs. Tons is plural which means we need at least 2 of them to make that possible. One US ton is 907kg, so we now have a weight of 1814kg. Divide that by 272 and we can deduce that one platinum weighs just under 6.7kg. vid666 had 160 of them on his phone which means his poor phone as buried under 1067kg of coins!
    Unfortunately that is the case. I have now completed the first 10 hunts (energy exhausted now) and received 14 eagles but had to spend 4 in upgrades. Let's see what happens in further hunts.

I also had the Nagano (if I remember correctly it was the prize of one of the Christmas' hunts) but was stupid enough not to fully upgrade it when that was possible with hunter bucks. Being a Region 3 pistol I thought that it was useless. Now I have to use eagles .... In order to avoid that this happens again to me I have bought ALL weapons of all regions that can be bought with hunter bucks and have fully upgraded them (I am sitting on a pile of millions of hunter bucks, so no big deal). Gold weapons are out of my limits.

Update: Region 3 hunts #10 to #20: 26 eagles awarded - 5 required to upgrade the pistol. Net: 21.

Subtotal net hunts #1 to #20: 31 (10+21)
  • SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    pistoff wrote: »
    Well, now know how much a platinum eagle weighs. Tons is plural which means we need at least 2 of them to make that possible. One US ton is 907kg, so we now have a weight of 1814kg. Divide that by 272 and we can deduce that one platinum weighs just under 6.7kg. vid666 had 160 of them on his phone which means his poor phone as buried under 1067kg of coins!

Great information. That was keeping me up nights. I just had to know how much a virtual platinum eagle weighed.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    I do not know. I already had that pistol.

the answer is yes, i bought it on 1 time offer it was cheap, my memory isnt good enough to quote the exact nember
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • vid666vid666 Registered Users 76 Posts
    pistoff wrote: »
    Lol. I guessed almost exactly a week ago figuring the average weight of an Alaskan bald eagle from the fish and game website at 14lbs and 2events at 1 ton each would mean we could earn 269 plat! The real curveball was the "open" season which to normal people meant maybe a weekend of unlimited hunting not a measly 60 hunts. So for the next event i am making this prediction: we get to earn "millions" of plat eagles in an open hunt which really means at $1400 per ounce, 14.58 troy ounces per pound, 2000 lbs per ton, $1 million x 2 hunts = 41plat eagles in a limited 60 hunt set. Oh and you will have to spend three times that to upgrade the weps so the event will be a net loss of plat. That is my new prediction for the next event!
    Update: Region 3 hunts #10 to #20: 26 eagles awarded - 5 required to upgrade the pistol. Net: 21.

Subtotal net hunts #1 to #20: 31 (10+21)

Update: Region 3 hunts #20 to #30: 49 eagles awarded - 20 required to upgrade the pistol. Net: 29.

Total net hunts #1 to #30: 60 (10+21+29)