Options

Open season Region 4 - Good or bad business to grind platinum eagles?

MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
I have read in other thread that the region 4 open season event awards 192 platinum eagles but 156 are needed to upgrade the Clayton SA02 (event weapon required to complete the event). So after completing the event, the balance is just 36 platinum eagles.

Those who do not already own the Clayton SA02 can, apparently, buy it at a one time special offer for 159 gold bars. In other words, by spending 159 gold bars one gets at the end of the event 36 platinum eagles.

In accordance with the info provided by Kyra (cost in gold/eagles of each of the upgrades of the Barton) the three first upgrades of the Tuning cost 73 golds or 26 eagles; 80 golds or 30 eagles and 87 golds or 34 eagles.

So, if all the above information is correct, it makes much more sense to buy the third upgrade with gold (87 gold bars) than spending twice that amount to buy the Clayton to get the 36 platinum eagles .... that allow to buy the third upgrade.

Am I missing something?

Comments

• Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    I enjoyed playing the event and didn't mind spending 159 gold for the assault rifle.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    I enjoyed playing the event and didn't mind spending 159 gold for the assault rifle.

Right. in the end you are left with the AR and pistol.

I cant figure out which upgrade he is talking about... is it a barton upgrade that you would rather spend 87 gold on rather than 159 for the rifle to get the plat for the upgrade??
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    Menipo is talking about upgrading the Barton bow. You can use either gold or eagles to upgrade the bow.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    also, off topic, does anyone have every gun to date? I am wondering which past event weapons I am missing, since they dont show up in the store after the event expires. I have all the hunter bucks guns, and some of the more recent unlockables. Only a couple guns that cost gold... missing many rifles and shotguns.

Of so, can you post a quick list of all your weapons so I can get an idea of how many more weapons you have than me lol.

P.S. I just noticed that all the special deals have disapeared which makes me wonder what glu is doing. seems like a lot of small updates today, I have to keep restarting for them, but havent seen anything change since the new events popped up.

Just thinking out loud,
    ~john
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    theangeliitheangelii Registered Users 123 Posts
    Menipo wrote: »
    I have read in other thread that the region 4 open season event awards 192 platinum eagles but 156 are needed to upgrade the Clayton SA02 (event weapon required to complete the event). So after completing the event, the balance is just 36 platinum eagles.

Those who do not already own the Clayton SA02 can, apparently, buy it at a one time special offer for 159 gold bars. In other words, by spending 159 gold bars one gets at the end of the event 36 platinum eagles.

In accordance with the info provided by Kyra (cost in gold/eagles of each of the upgrades of the Barton) the three first upgrades of the Tuning cost 73 golds or 26 eagles; 80 golds or 30 eagles and 87 golds or 34 eagles.

So, if all the above information is correct, it makes much more sense to buy the third upgrade with gold (87 gold bars) than spending twice that amount to buy the Clayton to get the 36 platinum eagles .... that allow to buy the third upgrade.

Am I missing something?

more bad news for those of you who completed open season already just got a new update there was a glitch in the upgrade feature now you can upgrade for gold at the poles to platinum Eagles I netted 274 platinum Eagles for the to open season hunt
  • Options
    LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    theangelii wrote: »
    more bad news for those of you who completed open season already just got a new update there was a glitch in the upgrade feature now you can upgrade for gold at the poles to platinum Eagles I netted 274 platinum Eagles for the to open season hunt

How much gold did it cost to get those 274 platinum coins?
  • Options
    Los wrote: »
    How much gold did it cost to get those 274 platinum coins?

141 gold is spent to upgrade the gun
  • Options
    LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    141 gold is spent to upgrade the gun

Is that just for the Clayton, or both required guns?
  • Options
    IslanderIslander Registered Users 113 Posts

Am I missing something?

The"tons of platinum" was a joke. I used platinum to purchase only the absolutely necessary upgrades to finish the 2 events and when over I was up around 167. Hardly a TON of coins. Plus I had to spend gold to buy the weapons. Plus it wasn't even much fun. How often can you kill the same turkeys over and over and enjoy it? The hidden lost temple and bounties were fun, this was not. A big yawn.
  • Options
    BlackbeardseacookBlackbeardseacook Registered Users 1 Posts
    I'm with ya but where are the quail in open season 4
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Platinum is limited and there are ways to gain free gold, so I'm spending gold on the AR for this event.

Side note: I wish I could blow the turkey off the cliff ( ref. 5/30), I was kind of looking forward to watching it fall...
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    Sheppeck wrote: »

Sure. I was just talking about a cost/benefit analysis if you consider the event a way to grind platinum eagles (I tried to make it clear at the title).
  • Options
    David T wrote: »
    Platinum is limited and there are ways to gain free gold, so I'm spending gold on the AR for this event.

Side note: I wish I could blow the turkey off the cliff ( ref. 5/30), I was kind of looking forward to watching it fall...

For iOS users outside the US (and Canada?), gaining gold or platinum is almost equally difficult.
  • Options
    RitaCarrollRitaCarroll Registered Users 54 Posts

Mine ended up floating in space. I tried to get a screen shot but I was too slow. There were two just hovering. Looked pretty funny
  • Options

Sorry but I do not follow you. The option to upgrade with gold or eagles was there from the beginning (at least in iOS). And yes, another player said that if you upgrade with gold, you can get 272/280 (depending on the OS) eagles. So, what changed?
  • Options

I blew one of the turkeys of the ledge who is pretty neat watching him fall
  • Options
    Sorry but I do not follow you. The option to upgrade with gold or eagles was there from the beginning (at least in iOS). And yes, another player said that if you upgrade with gold, you can get 272/280 (depending on the OS) eagles. So, what changed?

before the latest update on April 25th you could only upgrade using platinum Eagles on Android you did not have a choice
  • Options
    before the latest update on April 25th you could only upgrade using platinum Eagles on Android you did not have a choice

Understood, thank you. That was not the case of iOS, where the alternative always existed as I explained.
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    I'll see if I can find thread there was one with all weapons and upgrades stats
    DjRadNaD wrote: »
    also, off topic, does anyone have every gun to date? I am wondering which past event weapons I am missing, since they dont show up in the store after the event expires. I have all the hunter bucks guns, and some of the more recent unlockables. Only a couple guns that cost gold... missing many rifles and shotguns.

Of so, can you post a quick list of all your weapons so I can get an idea of how many more weapons you have than me lol.

P.S. I just noticed that all the special deals have disapeared which makes me wonder what glu is doing. seems like a lot of small updates today, I have to keep restarting for them, but havent seen anything change since the new events popped up.

Just thinking out loud,
    ~john
    ( + )
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    For iOS users outside the US (and Canada?), gaining gold or platinum is almost equally difficult.

Yeah, it would be cool if all of the different platforms worked the same for solidarity between all of us players

Mine ended up floating in space. I tried to get a screen shot but I was too slow. There were two just hovering. Looked pretty funny

I've found a few floater situations too. Turkey hunts and I had a wolverine floating a few feet in the air above a rock on region 10. I forgot who posted it but there was a thread with a bunch of screen shots with the anomalies in graphics...fun to look at for entertainment.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    RitaCarrollRitaCarroll Registered Users 54 Posts
    I've found a few floater situations too. Turkey hunts and I had a wolverine floating a few feet in the air above a rock on region 10. I forgot who posted it but there was a thread with a bunch of screen shots with the anomalies in graphics...fun to look at for entertainment.
    If you find the thread with the screen shots, please share it. It gives me something else fun to do while my energy restores.
    Thanks
  • Options
    VitaminDVitaminD Registered Users 6 Posts
    DjRadNaD wrote: »
    also, off topic, does anyone have every gun to date? I am wondering which past event weapons I am missing, since they dont show up in the store after the event expires.
    Just thinking out loud,
    ~john

I play since last autumn..and i have :
    1) both Sportsman event pistol and assault rifle (which needed for this open season) - won them in some rare hunts.
    2) Winter holiday event shotgun and assault rifle (only bucks version, didn't have gold to buy other two)
    3) Spring outbrake event gun (bucks version)

I won reg10 shotgun for first Spring outbreak event and bought for bucks an reg10 assault rifle (prize for the second Spr.out.event) - almost 100 hunts in 10th region to get 792.000 bucks... %)
    Also i have some reg9 (if i remember right) assault rifle which is tagged as (G&H Invitational event)..I used it for assault rifle event not so long ago, but i bought it at store for bucks.

i don't remember any other secret or special weapons.

*there is some Gold Eagle mentioned in other thread
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Events break monotony of contract hunts
    ( + )