Options

Weston Clayton open season events ?

Hi guys. Sorry but I'm a real newbie to this gaming and forms stuff. News tells me there is an open season event in regions 3 & 4 but when I follow the link to go there there isn't anything new there. Is there anybody out there that can help as I'm getting fed up with just collecting bucks at the end of region 10. Best regards to all you hunters out there.

Comments

• Options
    thistlethistle Registered Users 5 Posts
    Reasonably certain it's a bug. I got the update (on Android) and news screen too, but nothing when I check both regions. Just the icons from completed rare hunts and old events.

If so, there's not much you can do other than submit a customer care ticket and/or wait for a patch.
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    Check your app store for updates...
  • Options
    jetinker14jetinker14 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Again, really? This is ****
  • Options
    stratman50thstratman50th Registered Users 9 Posts
    Hahaha, Yayyyy! Something else I can't play because region 4 is screwed up!
    Can't get the last two map pieces for the hidden region, can't hunt boar with a bow. Can't collect those cute little silver coins. Can't kill buffalo for the bounties. Hey, how about fixing the scenes in region 4 and 9 before coming out with new stuff we can't play. Really fed up. Oh yeah. Thanks for insulting my intelligence with your tier I try this garbage! (Yes, I wasted my time putting in a ticket two months ago).
  • Options
    Ian RhindIan Rhind Registered Users 1 Posts
    Same issue here, wish the developers would catch up
  • Options
    More of the same! I have a Kindle Fire. These suggestions don't even apply. So after two months of nothing I send an "any update on my ticket email?" This is what I got back....
    From:"Glu Mobile Android Support" <androidsupport@glu.com> me Date:Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 3:20 pm Subject:Deer Hunter 2014 locks up and flashes out to Kindle screen and back into game [Incident: 140323-000342]

Recently you requested personal assistance from Glu Mobile Customer Care. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

If you need further help, please do not start a new ticket, respond to the same thread for a faster reply from our Glu Mobile team.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

To access your question from our support site, click here.

Subject Deer Hunter 2014 locks up and flashes out to Kindle screen and back into game

Discussion Thread Response Via Email (Asim) 04/24/2014 12:20 PM Dear Don,

Thanks fro your reply.

If you are experiencing crashes or freezes in-game, start by making sure you have 100 MB of extra free space for caching purpose. Apps needs some space to write and store temporary files. If your device's storage space is full, offload some of your data or delete some old unused apps to free up space. It's always a good idea to power-cycle the device from time to time to clear memory.

It is best to let the game run exclusively; here's how:

1) go into your device Settings, 2) choose "Applications" 3) "Manage Applications," 4) tap the "Running" tab 5) Then close any apps that aren't essential. (some devices show a "force close" option to use).

Connection quality:

Another factor that may affect game stability would be a poor online connection. We recommend a strong WiFi connection (as opposed to 3G/4G). Even if you have good signal strength showing for your WiFi connection, your bandwidth may be limited if the network is congested (For example, if there are many other users sharing the network and/or others are doing bandwidth-intensive activities such as streaming video.) There are free bandwidth test apps on Google Play market you might want to check out to test your device connection speed.

Please let us know if you need further help

Thank you,

Regards, Asim Glu Mobile Customer Care Customer By Email (D) 04/24/2014 05:31 AM Well, it's been two and a half months and still no fix for the lock up issues in Region 4 and Region 9. This issue prohibits someone from completing special hunts, picking up map pieces for further advancement, not to mention simply the ability to finish those regions. You all really can't figure this out? You don't have ONE DEVELOPER that can fix this? Seriously? This is a known problem and has been ongoing for months.

Glu Mobile Android Support ;

To:

;

Subject:

Deer Hunter 2014 locks up and flashes out to Kindle screen and back into game [Incident: 140323-000342]

Sent:

Sun, Mar 23, 2014 11:40:35 PM Customer By Email () 03/28/2014 04:25 PM So now with Region 4 back in play the game is no longer usable. Region 9 has cycled through so that all the hunts are in the bad scenery modules. The same issue is occurring in region 4. If its a problem with the Kindle and it wasnt going to be supported, you shouldent sell it through amazon. Now its an uninstall and forget about the game. I haven't rated it yet but I will. You've managed to come out with an entirely new update, hunts and weapons but you can't fix what was already installed. So the new update can't be played because of a legacy problem from the last release! Before I was patient. Now I'm just disgusted.

To:

;

Subject:

Deer Hunter 2014 locks up and flashes out to Kindle screen and back into game [Incident: 140323-000342]

Sent:

Sun, Mar 23, 2014 11:40:35 PM Customer By Email () 03/23/2014 04:40 PM Just a follow up. I've seen several updates as well as a complete reinstall (I believe) and region 9 is still basically unplayable. From the forums im not alone. Hopefully the issue is still being worked on?

To:

;

Subject:

Deer Hunter 2014 locks up and flashes out to Kindle screen and back into game [Incident: 140216-000152]

Sent:

Tue, Feb 25, 2014 3:01:23 PM

Question Reference #140323-000342 Escalation Level: Yellow Game: Deer Hunter 2014 Problem or Issue: Update issue Date Created: 03/23/2014 04:40 PM Last Updated: 04/24/2014 12:20 PM Status: Solved Platform: Android Phone/Tablet: Android email address: OS version:

• Options
    Lovespoken01Lovespoken01 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I got all of the pieces for the lost temple.. except region 4..I asked vs about this. I was advised that we have to buy the bow for it ..we have to buy the gold pieces in order to get the last piece. I have a level ,5 bow with plenty of power. But that's not sufficient. Cs response was that it's a free game.
  • Options
    Trob1313Trob1313 Registered Users 3 Posts
    And as they say "There's a sucker born every minute, there's no such thing as a free lunch and finally a fool and his money are soon parted. Welcome to the world of "FREE" apps.
  • Options
    brodybuckbrodybuck Registered Users 19 Posts
    Sorry to say, but you do have to spend real money to play. That does not make it less fun, especially when I earn it just for that purpose (allowance) I don't have time to watch videos or take surveys for free gold. (Stupid homework) homework=bull carp!
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind spending "real" money if I had faith that after spending money and encountering a legitimate problem, and I reported it in the way they said was required, somene would try to resolve it.