Options

Buying the Clayton SA02 with gold makes sense

MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
In another thread that I started (http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?102389-Open-season-Region-4-Good-or-bad-business-to-grind-platinum-eagles) I asked myself if it makes sense buying the Clayton SA02 (Region 4 Open Season required weapon) for 159 gold coins/bars when R4 only awards 36 platinum eagles. To make that question I was using figures provided in other threads by other gamers that had already completed both Open Season events (R3 and R4).

Today I decided to buy the Clayton SA02, because I thought that it might be required not only for this R4 Open Season event but also for future events as it happened with the Headsman (that were required for the Zombi event I and then for the Zombi event II), and completed the R4 event. I did not take notes of the eagles earned and used to upgrade the Clayton SA02, but after completing the event, I had 122 eagles more than those that I had before. Thus, the R4 Open Season event awards 122 (net) eagles.

On that basis, I think that the Clayton SA02 is worth the 159 gold coins/bars that it costs. Using the "conversion rate" of the Barton upgrades, those 159 golds allow to earn enough eagles for 4 Barton upgrades (someting that would cost some 350-380 golds).

Comments

• Options
    mdjdmdjd Banned Users 33 Posts
    Using old, already-potentially-purchased-by-US$ gun again = doesn't make sense to GLU, bad business, won't happen, you r day dreaming
    Menipo wrote: »
    because I thought that it might be required not only for this R4 Open Season event but also for future events
  • Options
    beerhunterbeerhunter Registered Users 277 Posts
    ...questions are
    a) if sao2 will be needed later on
    b) if 'conversion rate' doesn't change
    c) what else plats can be used for in the future
  • Options
    mdjd wrote: »
    Using old, already-potentially-purchased-by-US$ gun again = doesn't make sense to GLU, bad business, won't happen, you r day dreaming

Won't happen? I do not know. What I do know for sure is that it has already happened in the past. And I would not be surprised if it happens again.
  • Options
    beerhunter wrote: »
    ...questions are
    a) if soa2 will be needed later on
    b) if 'conversion rate' doesn't change
    c) what else plats can be used for in the future

Yes, too many questions. And none of us has the answers. But I prefer to be on the safe side just in case. I have completed all bounties (except the consumables one that I do not intend to) and have some gold bars to spend. GLU gave them to me and GLU is taking them from me :-). Another option is to keep them for the future. But the risk is that you do not know the future. Just imagine that the SA02 is needed again in the future for another event and costs 3x ... I do not know. Life is made of elections. Some of them are right and other wrong. And sometimes we repent and other celebrate ...
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    You pays your money you make your choices
    ( + )
  • Options
    You pays your money you make your choices

Exactly. I just give others the information so they can make theirs.
  • Options
    ...yes, the headsman came to use again (and mystically improved as some may remember)... will we need the 'snowplow' again? x-mas coming up in a few months... ;-)
  • Options
    DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    for the record, I have never spent a dollar on this game, I have done the zombies and open season, I have 250 gold and I also bought the region 8 gun that cost gold (which I do not like :( )

And I ave only done free ads if you were wondering

My point is please do not complain, they have given you a source to free gold if you choose to use it
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    Also, Have these guys never played free games that have in game purchases? good god!
    This is one of the nicer games to play, there are some games that you invest 3 months of your life into and then all of a sudden the ads disappear and you can no longer progress in the game which makes you feel like a moron, whereas this game keeps on creating new regions and has a forum that they dont completely ignore, just look how quickly most of the bugs have been fixed.. people whine for 2 weeks that there is a bug and then all of a sudden 3 or 4 bugs are fixed and the zombie glitch is patched within days of discovery
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    DjRadNaD wrote: »

My point is please do not complain, they have given you a source to free gold if you choose to use it

Are you talking to me?
  • Options
    LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    I read in another post that it takes 141 gold bars to upgrade the Clayton sao2 in stead of platinum coins, that seems a little low.
    The first upgrades are nearly 3 to 1 ratio, how can I found this out, so I can decide if it's worth it or not?
  • Options
    Are you talking to me?

Not too anyone personally, just to whom it may apply to... we have seen many people posting complaints about having to pay for gold in order to do events, but it seems to me that glu has no duty to give things out for free and that they have given sufficient means by which to acquire gold without paying, and the events that require gold are optional, not required to progress in the game... also glu is one of the highest paid companies that make gaming apps for those who do not know, so there is no reason to expect them to be cheap
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    Not too anyone personally, just to whom it may apply to... we have seen many people posting complaints about having to pay for gold in order to do events, but it seems to me that glu has no duty to give things out for free

I know. Months ago I posted in other thread the following: "If region 9 (and subsequent) weapons are priced in a way that trophy hunts or series can be only completed with weapons (or upgrades) that can be only bought with gold, I will finish my love story with DH 2014 and will make room in the memory of my device. Without resentment.

Many top players have proposed to GLU that gold could be bought with hunter bucks. But it seems that GLU is doing the opposite. It is a valid and legitimate entrepreneurial decision because it will improve the P&L account, so nothing to complain about. Do not take me wrong. I simply say that I was expecting something quite different."

Complaining/whining is one thing. Expecting something different and commenting on it is another one.
    they have given sufficient means by which to acquire gold without paying

Yes, but .... For iOS users outside the US, acquiring gold without paying is a nightmare. Before the bounties were available and from now on (because I have completed all) I only get 1 gold every time I level up and 2-3 golds/week by watching videos. No more videos are available and I do not have access to the US ads that provide dozens of golds every day.

So, until other bounties are available, I have to look after each gold that I spend and I post my ideas just to give more information to people who might have similar constraints.
  • Options
    ...check out this thread for some additional thoughts:
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?102539-remove-the-limits-on-rare-hunts-to-stop-the-haters

gold and plat - which is just a disguised substitute for gold - will (and have to) remain scarce. this is part of the freemium concept and the respective business model.
  • Options
    beerhunter wrote: »
    ...check out this thread for some additional thoughts:
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?102539-remove-the-limits-on-rare-hunts-to-stop-the-haters

gold and plat - which is just a disguised substitute for gold - will (and have to) remain scarce. this is part of the freemium concept and the respective business model.

I would fully share the reasoning behind your statements if all gamers had the same opportunities to get free gold. You know what I mean. But since they do not have, I have to share them only partially

:-)
  • Options
    VitaminDVitaminD Registered Users 6 Posts
    I finished both pistol and assault rifle series (I already had weapons from previous events with partial upgrades) and now i have about 250platinum. I played couple of rare hunts so profit from this event is about 220pl. Not bad..but i don't know where to spend it..
    upgrade this two weapons to max?..not a very necessary upgrade
    barton bow - same reason..i don't even use it.
    so..i'll just wait until next event with special weapon, which could be upgraded only with platinum, although usually profit from the event itself covers all upgrades...
  • Options
    Yes, but .... For iOS users outside the US, acquiring gold without paying is a nightmare. Before the bounties were available and from now on (because I have completed all) I only get 1 gold every time I level up and 2-3 golds/week by watching videos. No more videos are available and I do not have access to the US ads that provide dozens of golds every day.

So, until other bounties are available, I have to look after each gold that I spend and I post my ideas just to give more information to people who might have similar constraints.

I forget this sometimes, for me some days I get many videos, some days only a few, but I try to stock up so I have extra, but when an event comes I end up using all my gold and desperately do one of the ads that pay more gold, Like when I got a 7 day trial of zoosk, which was free, no credit car or anything, I just made a nice annonymous accnt and got over 100 gold which was very nice... Im not sure if you have any of these ads there or surveys and some free credit things I have found that didnt require credit card, but I had to dig thru them to find the ones that would pay me and which ones were just a waste of my time lol
    Choice Dude on Board