What are you eating?

Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
I was thinking about the different animals in DH 2014, and which ones I’ve eaten. I have consumed moose ribs in Yellow Knife, BC. wild boar at home (we cook the whole thing), deer, duck, buffalo. I have eaten different variations of cougar, or wolf (dogs and cats). Sorry dog and cat lovers, it’s just the way it is in SE Asia.

How about you?

BTW: Fried chicken feet are very good. You just have to remember to forget, you're eating chicken feet.
Drink more beer. :cool:

Comments

• SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    I had gemsbok, kudu and impala while in South Africa a few years ago, as well as some other tasty antelope that haven't appeared in the game yet.
    I have some water buffalo summer sausage in the fridge right now (very tasty), and a slab of wild boar bacon in the freezer (yummy!).
    Closer to home here in Canada we occasionally have duck, goose, pheasant, deer, elk, moose, bison, etc. for dinner.
    This thread is making me hungry already...
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • SnipersaSnipersa Registered Users 2 Posts
    My favourite animal

My teacher asked what's my favourite animal. And I answered.
    Fried chicken
    She thought it wasn't funny, but she was wrong the whole class laughed.
    My parents taught me to always speak the truth. An I really love fried chicken.

Told my dad what happened in class, and he said she's most probably a member of these so called animal activist groups.
    They love animals, me too. I like chicken, pickled pork, cows etc.

Anyway my teacher. She asked me to go see our principal. Told him the whole story. And he laughed as well.
    He asked not to do it again with a big smile on his face.

The next day teacher asked what living animal is my favourite.
    Guess what I said chicken. She asked why, cause they make fried chicken of it.

Guess what of to principal again, he laughed and asked I must please stop doing it.

Now I'm confused. My parents taught me not too ly. And my teacher gets cross when I speak the truth.

And today my teacher asked witch famous person I admire the most.
    My answers: "colonel Sanders"

Guess where I'm now!
  • WmCWmC Registered Users 218 Posts
    Snipersa wrote: »
    My favourite animal

My teacher asked what's my favourite animal. And I answered.
    Fried chicken
    She thought it wasn't funny, but she was wrong the whole class laughed.
    My parents taught me to always speak the truth. An I really love fried chicken.

Told my dad what happened in class, and he said she's most probably a member of these so called animal activist groups.
    They love animals, me too. I like chicken, pickled pork, cows etc.

Anyway my teacher. She asked me to go see our principal. Told him the whole story. And he laughed as well.
    He asked not to do it again with a big smile on his face.

The next day teacher asked what living animal is my favourite.
    Guess what I said chicken. She asked why, cause they make fried chicken of it.

Guess what of to principal again, he laughed and asked I must please stop doing it.

Now I'm confused. My parents taught me not too ly. And my teacher gets cross when I speak the truth.

And today my teacher asked witch famous person I admire the most.
    My answers: "colonel Sanders"

Guess where I'm now!

Absolutely hilarious.
    Time to fight back against the fascist teachers inflicting punishment for ideas that they find appalling.
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    This is an awesome thread. I love it!! Would love to hear more!!
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Sunny: I've had the fried chicken feet, not a fan, tasted like anything fried to me, feet didn't add to the flavor and sorting that many tiny bones was annoying like eating fish without descaling/boning first. If I'm eating meat off the bone give me a rack of ribs! JMO, to each their own.

Snipersa- hilarious, thanks for the laughs!

Personally, I've eaten quite a bit of animals, but stopped trying new things just for the sake of saying "I've tried that". I put meat into a few basic categories: red meat (steak), non-red meat, and fish....the deciding factor is how much flavor each has and I've found that I actually like changing the meat flavor with spice/marinade more than the original flavor of the animal, with the exception of a good slice of cow or pig....so I would say without modifying the flavor....cow/pig is the one I like most....must be my American upbringing and my dreams of having a fillet of cow sized pork....mmmmm bacon
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • ArdArd Registered Users 1 Posts
    My fav. is wild boar with chilli and basil leaves . Last year on S.Africa vacation I had kudu , gemsbok ,impala , crocodile and zebra at The Carnivore restaurant in Joburg after we had finished the reserved safari game . I think it not that delicious
  • Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    @ SubH2O: That must have been a fascinating trip. I love boar bacon too.

@ Sipeersa: Very funny. Thanks

@ David T: Agree about the small bones, but tasty all the same, especially with a few ice cold beers. Never stop trying new things David T. Cheers.

@ Ard: We do Thai chili and lemon grass in our boar. I'll give basil a go. Sounds great.
  • beerhunterbeerhunter Registered Users 277 Posts
    (out in nowhere and horrible cell connection out here... several tries to get it uploaded... pics probably mediocre quality but just wanted to share this with you guys)

...chicken... not feet but wings today... heating them - precooked at home - on my little hobo / woodgas stove... side dish just some zucchini and eggplant fried with onions and garlic... :-)

wild boar with chili and basil... definitely gonna try this one!

3028lmu.jpg

20j077n.jpg
  • straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    I've eaten conch (a large sea snail found in florida keys) garlic snails venison quail duck snipe wild boar shark fin goat ox tongue goose pigeon red snapper brill (fish) pigeon ray and that rare delicacy in england spam and from the north black pudding white pudding tripe and haggis they're offal I know they're not all in dh2014 but they're some of the more unusual things I've eaten I'm grateful we haven't had to shoot snails in the game think my eyes might struggle a bit to see 'em! There is a haggis shooting tradition over here though!
    ( + )
  • DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    so goose and boar is the animals from the game SS has eaten lol

I havent really eaten much more than bison, quail and deer as far as animals from the game. I would like to add though that I eat gator often here in florida :) and I have also eaten kangaroo in australia :P
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • pawkapawka Registered Users 49 Posts
    Ahh pizza, does that count.
  • possumpossum Registered Users 38 Posts
    Cocroaches covered with chocolate, fresh road kill possum, are very tasty
  • Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    Road kill possum is on my bucket list!
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
    @ pawka. Sure it counts. I would chainsaw massacre for a good pizza. Tough to find in these parts.

@ possum. Fried grasshoppers with a splash of soy sauce are pretty good. The bug guy comes around our village every Friday night. He has a large box (about 1m x 1m) on the back of his motorbike. The box is divided into about 6 sections. Each section has a different bug. roaches, crickets, beetles, giant water beetles, etc, and frogs. The frogs aren't bad either.
    I just remembered.....Bear. When I was a young'n, there was a annual bear hunt/festival and feast which had bear stew.