Options

My gun qualifies, but I am unable to participate in area 5 trophy hunt

For some reason I am not allowed, I have a rifle with a stability of 98.8% and the game refuses to allow me participate in the hunt. I have a level 8 rifle...I don't feel like getting each rifle along the way...I am not sure if that is the problem...but it is really obnoxious when my gun clearly qualifies.

Comments

• Options
    WmCWmC Registered Users 218 Posts
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the trophy hunts are designed to force the hunter to have and upgrade the specific rifle for that region and use resources to upgrade. It should be primarily weapon for the hunt. I have used an assault rifle as backup but, for heart and brain shots, it does not help much if you miss your first shot.
  • Options
    DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    WmC wrote: »
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the trophy hunts are designed to force the hunter to have and upgrade the specific rifle for that region and use resources to upgrade. It should be primarily weapon for the hunt. I have used an assault rifle as backup but, for heart and brain shots, it does not help much if you miss your first shot.

actually this is not always true, Ive done trophies with a higher gun. but sometimes it does require the specific region, or so I have heard. It may have been changed since I beat them.
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    waterkipwaterkip Registered Users 1 Posts
    I have the exact same problem in the exact same area. I have a level 6 rifle and now I need to grind (again!) for a level 5 rifle with all the upgrades. It sucks.
  • Options
    gjwilliamsjrgjwilliamsjr Registered Users 2 Posts
    Seriously? Had anyone confirmed this? If it's true I'm not very happy about having to grind out 63,500 hunter bucks to buy a level 5 rifle and then work to max it out, just to get to level 6 when I already have a level 6 rifle that is 1% shy of the stability mark. ..
  • Options
    WmCWmC Registered Users 218 Posts
    Seriously? Had anyone confirmed this? If it's true I'm not very happy about having to grind out 63,500 hunter bucks to buy a level 5 rifle and then work to max it out, just to get to level 6 when I already have a level 6 rifle that is 1% shy of the stability mark. ..
    Just wait until you see region 11 where the artillery is 400k+ to buy and 3mill+ to upgrade each weapon for the region. Will just make you crazy.
  • Options
    gjwilliamsjrgjwilliamsjr Registered Users 2 Posts
    WmC wrote: »
    Just wait until you see region 11 where the artillery is 400k+ to buy and 3mill+ to upgrade each weapon for the region. Will just make you crazy.

Thanks for giving me something to look forward to. .yay...lol
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    I used region 4 glu gold rifle from memory to do region 5 trophys
    ( + )