Options

Money hungry mofo's

PraetorPraetor Registered Users 4 Posts
Shows just how loyal Glu are to players , doesn't matter how much cash spent on the game they'll try forcing more form your wallet. was allowed to purchase a G&H extractor for an event i never got to play cos wasn't up to that region before it was over. With this new G&H memorial event was pleasantly surprised it let me start 1st hunt with it via "accept this challenge " but only until 2 hunts later when they offer discount on the new AR's, which i naturally turned down having my region 10 G&H thinking i'd be able to continue ... But No!! G&H blah blah REQUIRED. I've spent more than enough on this game already & more than compared to a standalone version u might by in a store. I used to promote this game to friends, but unless Glu decide to show some love to those who've invested I'll make a point telling 'em not to bother unless they can afford & enjoy this kind of 'moneypit'. Bad enough we get get less than other platforms e.g. no Club stuff (no real interaction with friends) on Facebook , when i've put in a ticket they've never even bother to reply. Was enjoying having opened Isle of Thule but due to principles won't be playing it again lest Glu start giving a rats proverbial. :mad:

Comments

• Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    I haven't spent any money on this game and have played every event since Christmas. If you want tips on how to play all you have to do is ask. Or if have specific questions about how to get gold on whatever device you are playing on someone will probably give you some good advice.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    They stand by their principles, whether you agree with them or not. If it bothers you so much then yes you are right, time to find a new game to play. I've grown fond of hunting gold so much that I have the weapons I need to get by, more than enough to buy the ones I need for events or new regions, and the ability to add more gold each day, all without paying a dime to the game. May I ask the device you play on?
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
  • Options
    DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    Guys he said he plays on Facebook... Don't know of any great means for gold on that :/

Also don't know how both of you missed that he said that lol
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    In my defense, I just skimmed the rant.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    I don't know how I missed that lol I read the whole thing, even if it was a complaint lol
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
  • Options
    BounderbyBounderby Registered Users 31 Posts
    I've been playing for a while, I just don't comment much. It's hard to make money by giving stuff away, so Glu try to encourage you to spend money.Isn't that the great american way? If you want it, pay for it. Glu has made exactly $7.99 out of me (I weakened..OK?), and in exchange I've had hours of fun. Sure, it's easier if you spend real money; the wonder is that Glu make such a great game that doesn't force you to spend money, it only encourages you. It never ceases to amaze me the number of complaints about a free game...are you people in the real world? Praetor, instead of sounding off...don't you think you missed a pretty strong hint? I do.
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    I really fear for the future of this country with posts like this.

Glu is a business. Businesses need to make money to do silly things like pay people, pay rent, pay power bills, etc. In order to do that, they need money.

The money comes from the players and the sponsors and the advertisers. They don't do this stuff just because they feel like it.

You can choose to pay or not pay. You can choose to play or not play. This is your choice. Whether companies like Glu can continue with this model is questionable (Glu is losing a LOT of money), but they put out a great product that a lot of people enjoy.

So, just because your mother has not paid your allowance this week does not make Glu's business practices deceitful, illegal or any stretch of the imagination underhanded.

Chose to play or not play.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Options
    blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    I play the game without spending real US dollars. Like Bounderby, I did once buy some rare calls to hurry though a level ($3.98, I believe), but I was overcharged, and honestly don't prefer speeding the game by so I can wait. You may have to sit out some events, but you can play every level of this game without spending a cent. You just have to wait a lot.
    Facebook player
  • Options
    appliancedudeappliancedude Registered Users 113 Posts
    Casajr is absolutely correct. I'm baffled by the amount of players complaining they have to spend real money. This game is 100% free. Even gold can be acquired with no real money. And it's easy. If your on droid play other glu games and take advantage of the shared wallet thing. If your on iOS go to tapjoys main site and start doing the offers.

Don't tell glu this but I'd actually be willing to pay for the game itself. I love this game. It's provided me with hours of entertainment. I go gold hunting just to buy the weapons for the events. Because it gives me something new to do
  • Options
    BeekerBeeker Registered Users 57 Posts
    Praetor wrote: »
    Shows just how loyal Glu are to players , doesn't matter how much cash spent on the game they'll try forcing more form your wallet. was allowed to purchase a G&H extractor for an event i never got to play cos wasn't up to that region before it was over. With this new G&H memorial event was pleasantly surprised it let me start 1st hunt with it via "accept this challenge " but only until 2 hunts later when they offer discount on the new AR's, which i naturally turned down having my region 10 G&H thinking i'd be able to continue ... But No!! G&H blah blah REQUIRED. I've spent more than enough on this game already & more than compared to a standalone version u might by in a store. I used to promote this game to friends, but unless Glu decide to show some love to those who've invested I'll make a point telling 'em not to bother unless they can afford & enjoy this kind of 'moneypit'. Bad enough we get get less than other platforms e.g. no Club stuff (no real interaction with friends) on Facebook , when i've put in a ticket they've never even bother to reply. Was enjoying having opened Isle of Thule but due to principles won't be playing it again lest Glu start giving a rats proverbial. :mad:

How long have you been playing this game?
    Every singe special Event is set up the same way... You can play the first two hunts with ANY gun, then on hunt 3 they offer you a one time offer sale with a very large discount price on the gun you MUST use for the rest of the event in that region. And it is always bought with gold.
    Usually there are two regions to play in an event and you need a different new gun for each region.
  • Options
    TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    This is just one of my FB DH games...I have purchased or acquired every needed weapon and fully upgraded as needed. I have not spent a dime on gold, opting to download apps and do surveys. I have finished all regions to date and have just several 100 neck and head shot bounties left. Point being that the game can be played on FB without spending real money.

Too many people just expect everything for nothing, whether it be cash or time...JMO
    10390166_791260920892989_4347836441591397507_n.jpg
    Say What??
  • Options
    SenkoSenko Registered Users 30 Posts
    Beeker wrote: »
    How long have you been playing this game?
    Every singe special Event is set up the same way... You can play the first two hunts with ANY gun, then on hunt 3 they offer you a one time offer sale with a very large discount price on the gun you MUST use for the rest of the event in that region. And it is always bought with gold.
    Usually there are two regions to play in an event and you need a different new gun for each region.

Which is what bothers me personally if I'm going to be forced to buy a gun with glu credits to complete the even the higher level gun should do the lower level event rather than my winding up having to buy both (or in my case none because I wasn't going to shell out for both).
  • Options
    appliancedudeappliancedude Registered Users 113 Posts
    You are not forced to buy anything. Don't play the special event. Wow that was hard. Problem solved
  • Options
    TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    mwrhgc wrote: »
    Did he actually sayhe was playin on facebook? Lmao
    Don't knock playing on FB until you have played DH on big screen TV!!
    Say What??
  • Options
    muskoxmuskox Registered Users 131 Posts
    My experience has not been that I can get what I need for free. I wonder if different platforms give different opportunities. I have to be very honest, spending four gold or platinum for 6 is kind of pointless. I have a hard time believing you can truly get anywhere in this game for free. It kind of stinks that there is no loyalty program to be had!