Options

New player and what guns

TedTed Registered Users 11 Posts
Been playing for a couple of weeks.. and not sure how i should be aiming my in game cash and gold..

My two main weapons are as follow .. both are fully upgraded ..

Rifle: G & H Arbiter
Shottie: Maginot Maul

I up to level 6 ( Mount St Helens ) both weapons are coping ok.. although the game wants me to upgrade for the level 2 trophy hunt..

I have about $500k saved up and was thinking a assault rifle .. right now I can afford the Rapier Hound ..

I also have 130 gold and about 30 silver eagles ..

Would like some opinions on .. if that would be a good AR.. or should I be looking at another rifle .. I will also need to upgrade to a better shottie very soon.. so thought there as well..

Thanks in advance: Ted

Comments

• Options
    DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    IT is up to you, If you want to fly through the game just keep buying the required rifles and bows and upgrading them as you are required to.

I suggest not speeding through the game, because once you finish all of the regions you will feel very impatient waiting for new regions to come out (trust me!)

So I suggest that you just buy what you want and enjoy the hunts. I would also say if you are on iOS you should get an AR because they are the best weapons IMO and they are great for Club hunts.

If you are not on iOS then you cannot play club hunts, but assault rifles are still very fun to use, and if you want to take your time getting through the game, then but an AR. if not, then get the Rifle.
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply mate .. I am on ios .. I have not even tried the club hunts yet .. Do you think that the Rapier Hound AR would be a bit to big.. I personally like to have some overkill..
  • Options
    all weapons are good for whichever region they say and with upgrades can work a level above.

The only exception would be if you only use shotguns for shooting birds. I used a region 2 shotgun up to level 7 or so.
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    If your planning to participate in the G&H events, you will be awarded a region 11 assault rifle upon completion. So a region 7 assault rifle will be sufficient until you get the awarded rifle. You will need 240 gold to complete the events if you wait until the one time purchase price offers. Dig for free gold and work on your bounties.
  • Options
    LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    Los wrote: »
    If your planning to participate in the G&H events, you will be awarded a region 11 assault rifle upon completion. So a region 7 assault rifle will be sufficient until you get the awarded rifle. You will need 240 gold to complete the events if you wait until the one time purchase price offers. Dig for free gold and work on your bounties.

The region 2 shotgun will work in region 10 for ducks, and the region 7 G&H trench will work on all contract hunts in region 10
  • Options
    I am having no problem with the shottie for birds or wolverines.. and using it for a backup on predators .. still seems to kill anything if I hit the spot..

I need to upgrade something if I am going to complete level 6 trophy.. that is why i was thinking the AR... and it would be good for at least a couple more levels ?
  • Options
    Ted wrote: »
    I am having no problem with the shottie for birds or wolverines.. and using it for a backup on predators .. still seems to kill anything if I hit the spot..

I need to upgrade something if I am going to complete level 6 trophy.. that is why i was thinking the AR... and it would be good for at least a couple more levels ?

Oh!!! NO. do not buy the AR then.. You must use the rifle for the trophy. It is REQUIRED.

so just upgrade the region 6 rifle
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    I'm in Region 8, and I don't have an AR although I will buy one for the GH. Still using my Region 2 shotty for backup and birds.
    Drink more beer. :cool:
  • Options
    DjRadNaD wrote: »
    Oh!!! NO. do not buy the AR then.. You must use the rifle for the trophy. It is REQUIRED.

so just upgrade the region 6 rifle

:( .. sigh ... Just bought it...!! LOL .. never mind .. wont take me long to farm up enough for the rifle... Im sure it will come in handy for something..

Really appreciate the advice guys.. :p
  • Options
    lol. no problem. :)
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    I usually buy the required region rifle and the next level up shotgun and AR. That gives me at least two regions to use the secondary guns. I did not bother with a pistol until Region 8, where you need it to get the bounty.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Forgot to add....

The bow from Region 4 and Hidden 1 makes a fairly useable AR up to about Region 6. You just can't use it for Club Hunts (ios).
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.