Options

Rohman Collie sigh upgrade: 409 Gold ?!

bakkouzbakkouz Registered Users 3 Posts
(Sorry for the typo in the title: Sight, not Sigh)

So apparently in order to get the max zoom upgrade+infrared for the Rohman Collie (which is a pretty awesome weapon), you need 409 Gold?! that's ridiculous! the previous upgrade was for 10 or 13 Gold (or about 18k cash i think) and then BAM 409 Gold (no cash)!! that's a pretty drastic jump! insane even!

at first i thought it was a glitch or something, so i reset the game a couple of times, but alas. seems to be legit.

I think this is preposterous!

Comments

• Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    To get infrared on an assault rifle always costs gold. This is nothing new.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    And the price jump is nothing new either.... You have to pay gold as well to increase shots (to go from 23-38 rounds). I upgraded both on my bad boy :)
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
  • Options
    I just upgraded to 38 rounds on the Rohman collie. The IR doesn't help on the club hunts. The weapon is so powerful that anywhere you hit on an animal is a kill shot.
  • Options
    DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    I just upgraded to 38 rounds on the Rohman collie. The IR doesn't help on the club hunts. The weapon is so powerful that anywhere you hit on an animal is a kill shot.

Yea I can finally kill the mature impalas on the club hunt with body shots not just head shots
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    And the price jump is nothing new either.... You have to pay gold as well to increase shots (to go from 23-38 rounds). I upgraded both on my bad boy :)

eh well, this is new to me. anyway, where do you guys get so much gold? do you buy it? i don't think you could ever accumulate that much gold just from playing the game.
  • Options
    we do the free offers; i.e. surveys and app downloads
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    bakkouz wrote: »
    eh well, this is new to me. anyway, where do you guys get so much gold? do you buy it? i don't think you could ever accumulate that much gold just from playing the game.
    If you are on an apple device go to Tapjoy.com. You can easily get hundreds of gold.
  • Options
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    If you are on an apple device go to Tapjoy.com. You can easily get hundreds of gold.

No, Android. the top promotional offers are low value. like, 5, 8... etc. I've tried like 3 or 4 it worked for a couple of times and other times it didn't.
  • Options
    Eric BEric B Registered Users 52 Posts
    Always take a screenshot of the offer like after you open it up and/our any email you get and if you don't get the rewards click on question mark on the sponsorpay page and find the offer then report it when they reply to your email reply back attach screenshots and then you get the credits like a day or 2 later most of the time
    SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 3
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    When I started an AR was a premium option to make the game easier and complete one special event.

We all know the technicality of being able to get to new regions without earning free gold or purchasing it, but the reality is that people like the game, start for free, and want to continue to play for free. I know that the requirement to purchase gold weapons for special events is not new, but there has been an increase in the amount of special events, so the percentage of full access to the game, requiring gold, has steadily decreased full access to the game for some players.

I think many people make the point that bucks and platinum are based on playing Deer Hunter and gold is based on playing the advertising game. Gaining "free" gold is a game in itself with strategy and timing. Gaining gold through third party advertising in between region releases is the game most people choose to play more than DH itself; kind of sad for dedicated DH players.

Having said all of that I have recently restarted playing on another device in the current format with the bows, new weapon options, addition of plats, and slightly different pay outs....it all seems to work towards making the game more difficult and really making you pay attention to "recommended" vs. "required" through weapons statistics instead of just game rules to follow.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    I just wrote a huge argument against people complaining about gold, and then deleted it cause it felt a little embarassing how passionate i got about the topic lol, but it all started with the point that glu made it so gold can be earned through bounties, maybe that is why there is an increase in events
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    DjRadNaD wrote: »
    I just wrote a huge argument against people complaining about gold, and then deleted it cause it felt a little embarassing how passionate i got about the topic lol, but it all started with the point that glu made it so gold can be earned through bounties, maybe that is why there is an increase in events

I can see both sides; I've over commented on Glu business vs. game players, many times. It's just more fun to think you're getting something for free and would feel nice to get more 'free' for dedication to playing vs. realizing you're hooked and stuck with wanting more. The 'free gold' game is a reminder of business vs. DH; It's like watching a tv show that's on air for an hour but has 30 minutes of commercials in between.

Blah blah .... We want the best for free... Anyone win the lottery lately?
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    David T wrote: »
    Anyone win the lottery lately?

yea thrice ;)
    Choice Dude on Board