Options

Clayton Force now 70% off

ReginoldReginold Registered Users 35 Posts
Clayton force level 10 shotgun now on sale for 179 glu gold. It can be upgraded with glu cash.
Android - Galaxy S3

Comments

• Options
    Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    That's an excellent deal! I think I paid 600+ for that shout gun, well worth the gold!
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    190 gold on iPhone/iPad - still says 70% off. With the progression in the cost of weapons anything under 200 gold is a steal!
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    ViralstrainViralstrain Registered Users 13 Posts
    Same here. 190 gold in iPad. Went ahead and bought anyways even though I had the other region 10 shotgun. It's more powerful, and can't pass up the semi-auto and quick reloads! Should hopefully be powerful enough for anything region 11 requires.
    iPad Air
  • Options
    ReginoldReginold Registered Users 35 Posts
    It may have been 190 on Android. I was going by memory. My memory is good but very short.
    Android - Galaxy S3
  • Options
    MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
    Each hunter/player has his own opinion and all of them are equally valid. Mine is .... I would never pay a single gold for a shotgun.

In my experience shotguns are only needed for hunting birds and as a back-up.

Birds of any region (including R10) can be easily killed with a basic shotgun which can be bought with bucks (I have tested the Region 2 Clayton Raptor (max power 355) and it perfectly works in all regions for the birds).

And as to the buck-up ... if one needs a powerful shotgun as a last resource against charging predators .... one is not properly using his rifle/AR/pistol :-)
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    If you play club hunts a gold shotgun is really needed. And the most powerful gold shotgun the better. I have bought ever gold shotgun after region 4.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    If you play club hunts a gold shotgun is really needed. And the most powerful gold shotgun the better. I have bought ever gold shotgun after region 4.

You are right, I forgot the club hunts. I played them until I realized that they only (i) award bucks and (ii) allow to increase the number of kills for the tables. Since I am now sitting on a pile of bucks with the size of the Empire State Building (and hard to spend) and makes little sense to me competing for the number of kills with people who one way or the other have access to thousands of golds (and continuously buy energy), I do not play them any longer. Thus I confirm my initial statement: I would never spend gold on shotguns. But it is just my opinion.
  • Options
    For me the club hunts aren't about getting bucks. I play them because it breaks up the boredom of playing the contract hunts over and over again. And the gold shotguns makes it fun to see how many kills you can get. And if you have a lot of gold you might as well spend it on something that makes the game fun. Especially when gold is easily obtained by watching videos or downloading some games.
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Meni/Shep - Both sets of reasons have their place. If you don't play a lot, I would go with Menipo's approach of "only buy what you need". if you have plenty of gold like Sheppeck, and want to play more often, you might as well have as much variety to play with and buy, earn, buy, buy, buy!

I got bored collecting bucks and can only clime the rankings as fast as other people don't play, so I bought the shotgun and am having fun wildly shooting cheetah with iron sights....Wah Hoo this thing shoots/reloads quickly, powerful little **** too!

PS: I wrote "p-o-o-p" trying to avoid the ****, nope. 1st game DH, 2nd game collecting gold, 3rd game trying to avoid forum ****. Happy Friday everyone!
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    I've made a decision to use the standard hunter bucks weapons for region 11. I'm sitting on a lot of gold, but the gold only weapons make the game too easy!!! Instead of flying through the hunting series without failing a single hunt like I did in region 10, I'm going to struggle through and take my time.
  • Options
    Los wrote: »
    I've made a decision to use the standard hunter bucks weapons for region 11. I'm sitting on a lot of gold, but the gold only weapons make the game too easy!!! Instead of flying through the hunting series without failing a single hunt like I did in region 10, I'm going to struggle through and take my time.

That is a good idea to make the hunts more challenging. I bought the last 2 gold rifles and used those to complete the regions. Made the regions really easy to complete. But I will still probably buy the gold rifle, especially if I get a one time offer.
  • Options
    LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    The first time around I scored a lot of gold early in the game and bought the region 9 Knarre blitz in while in region 2. The hunts were so easy!!! I could hit any animal on the screen in the tail and kill it with one shot. I blew through the game so fast. The second time around I've used region specific rifles and enjoyed the challenge of the game as it was designed to be played.
  • Options
    Los wrote: »

You can fly (easily and quickly) through the hunting series without failing a single hunt with standard hunter bucks weapons. Believe me. So, from this point of view no need to buy gold weapons either.

In order to make the game interesting I use to hunt with weapons 1 or 2 levels lower than the region (R6 weapons for R8). Using gold weapons in the majority of the cases is the opposite: because of the advantage that they offer, it is like hunting with weapons 1 or 2 levels higher than the region.

And please do not take me wrong. In the context of our friendly discussion I am not saying that Sheppeck is wrong and I am right. I started my first post on this thread by saying "Each hunter/player has his own opinion and all of them are equally valid".
  • Options
    DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    Shotguns are by far my favorite weapons in the game, and that is because when all I have to do is contract hunts, and that isttbe majority of the time, I dont feel like taking my time or anything because I have already played them so many times, I cannot think of any new ways enjoy them, I have tried just about everything, so now I just pop in and blast them as quick as I can with very little effort... You wouldn't believe the range the clayton has... For example I sweep throughout he musk oxen hunt with ease, or maybe you would believe lol
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    jgrammentzjgrammentz Registered Users 131 Posts
    Thanks. It wasn't listed on the android as a sale item until you got into the shotgun section to look at all the weapons. I saved lots of gold buying it discounted and am equipping it now for region 11.
    Phone Samsung s6 galaxy Android 5.0.2, Tablet miTraveller Android 4.0