Options

Do I have to get the Dixon Snare?

SenkoSenko Registered Users 30 Posts
I don't like spending glu credits/platinum eagles on guns and considering I'd be buying a crossbow to do a hunt series to get a better crossbow at the cost of 200 platinum eagles (which would make it pretty much impossible to upgrade) it just seems such a waste. So I'm wondering can I just ignore the region 7 weapon series, unlock the island of Thule and then use the Barton Mk VII for the region 7 weapon series or do I need to do that series to get a map piece to get to Thule?

Comments

• Options
    LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    If you want the last map piece to go the isle of Thule, you need to complete the crossbow series. If you don't want to hunt in Thule then you can ignore it.
  • Options
    You don't need to spend your gold. The platinum rewards that you receive for the hunts are enough to complete the series, as well as the hidden region.
  • Options
    I know, I have enough now to buy it but like I said it just feels such a waste to spend those precious eagles to buy a crossbow solely so I can get a slightly better one.
  • Options
    vid666vid666 Registered Users 76 Posts
    In the profound words of Rev. Al Sharpton: "Resist we much!". Don't buy one.
  • Options
    jgrammentzjgrammentz Registered Users 131 Posts
    This isn't a slightly better crossbow. It's a great crossbow. No delay in firing makes it really easy to get multiple kills without waiting to restring the bolt. Well worth the 200 plats.
    Phone Samsung s6 galaxy Android 5.0.2, Tablet miTraveller Android 4.0
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    Senko wrote: »
    I know, I have enough now to buy it but like I said it just feels such a waste to spend those precious eagles to buy a crossbow solely so I can get a slightly better one.

I don't see the point of saving the eagles. When there is a new event released there is always an opportunity to win more eagles.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    Unfortunately, you can't skip any weapons in the bow and crossbow series and you can't enter the lost regions without them. But remember that you will be provided sufficient plats to upgrade and complete each event that comes out. There is nothing else to do with the plats but buy and upgrade the weapons, so buy them and enjoy hunting with them. Happy hunting!!!
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    It is a great addition to your ****nal, as it has an 8 shot capacity, no firing delay, 1150 power, infrared, suppression and an 18x scope. I used it as a Region 8 assault rifle and in place of a standard rifle in some cases.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    geez, silly filter. I guess I have to say "gun collection" instead of ****nal
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Options
    DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    Lol It would be interesting to see the full list of words you can't say, amoung my favorites...b-a-l-l-s... B-l-o-o-d-y... And now ......a-r-s-e because of this
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    Hmmm I seem to be short on plat myself haven't even been able to fully upgrade my other bows but then I was saving for the final crossbow.
  • Options
    Hmmm I seem to be short on plat myself haven't even been able to fully upgrade my other bows but then I was saving for the final crossbow.

I have all 5 bows and cross bows. And the only bow I haven't fully upgraded is the Barton MK VII. Which is upgraded to level 7 in all categories. I also have 351 plats I am saving for the next event.

So my point is that you have to play the bow events and the rare hunts to earn the eagles. So not playing an event because you are saving your plats doesn't make sense to me.
  • Options
    DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    I have all 5 bows and cross bows. And the only bow I haven't fully upgraded is the Barton MK VII. Which is upgraded to level 7 in all categories. I also have 351 plats I am saving for the next event.

So my point is that you have to play the bow events and the rare hunts to earn the eagles. So not playing an event because you are saving your plats doesn't make sense to me.

Really they don't give much, you only upgraded that much because of gold and the zombie glitch which is now patched.

But I do agree that it is worth it to do the events. You get plats and you get new guns, some of which can only be upgraded with gold or plats...
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    casajr wrote: »
    It is a great addition to your ****nal, as it has an 8 shot capacity, no firing delay, 1150 power, infrared, suppression and an 18x scope. I used it as a Region 8 assault rifle and in place of a standard rifle in some cases.

Senko - So yes, you need the Snare to get through both hidden regions. Keep in mind that the reward for completing the Island of Thule is the Barton MK VII crossbow which at a max power of 1685 is comparable to a region 8-9 assault rifle. The stealth that bows/xbows provide are really useful on hunts that have animals spread out at a distance, like long distance predator hunts. Assault rifles give you the quick fire rate but still startle the animals like a regular rifle or shotgun; bows give you more time to aim&shoot stationary animals before they start running.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    DjRadNaD wrote: »
    Really they don't give much, you only upgraded that much because of gold and the zombie glitch which is now patched.

But I do agree that it is worth it to do the events. You get plats and you get new guns, some of which can only be upgraded with gold or plats...

I only got 230 plats from the zombie glitch. And I never upgraded any of my bows with gold. I think I did buy one of my bows with gold instead of plats though.