Options

Hunts needed to level up

ReginoldReginold Registered Users 35 Posts
I counted how many successful hunts I needed to complete level 91. It was 127 completed hunts. I'm curious if anyone else has actually counted. I'm curious if it is mathmatical. My hypothesis is that the hunts needed to get to next level are based on (current level) multiplied by 1.4. So 91x1.4=127. A x 1.4 = B. I'm a math geek. If anyone else can prove or disprove this go ahead. I'm going to count level 92 and see if its consistant.
Android - Galaxy S3

Comments

• Options
    DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    thanks for sharing, I bet it goes up to 129
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    I tried counting once and lost count lol. I always wondered if there is a formula to this as well. I play on a iphone and play the club hunts, I have noticed that the meter tends to not increase when playing these, although I may be wrong. I'm almost done with level 128, If I can remember to count the hunts to complete level 129 I will let you know.
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
  • Options
    It was easy to take a snapshot of leaderboard when I first started a level.
    Android - Galaxy S3
  • Options
    Boy do I feel like an idiot......... Don't know why I didn't think of that lol
    Thanks, I will do so when the level is complete.
  • Options
    Yeah I didn't actually count each one in my head.
    Android - Galaxy S3
  • Options
    It would be cool it get counts from hunters at all different levels. Because I don't think all levels are the same. It may be something simple like the level your on plus 36. But it has to be something mathmatical.
    Android - Galaxy S3
  • Options
    I just started a new game and I am tracking the number of hunts for each level... I have already figured out that trophy hunts seem to count as 2 hunts
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Trophy hunts probably do count as 2 since they burn 2 bits of energy.

I restarted last week. You get spoiled by the higher powered guns and not having to grub for cash. Suddenly the guns don't kill anything and you have no money.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Options
    The first few levels are very shifty, but I am sure that the number of hunts needed to level up evens out...

Tutorial= L. 1 (Total of 1)
    +1= L. 2 (Total of 2)
    +3= L. 3 (Total of 4)
    +3= L. 4 (Total of 7)
    +4= L. 5 (Total of 11)
    +5= L. 6 (Total of 16)
    +15= L. 7 (Total of 31)
    +15= L. 8 (Total of 46) END OF REGION 1
    +12= L. 9 (Total of 58)
    +24= L. 10 (Total of 82)

I will continue to edit this as I level up, but right now I am out of energy :(. I expect around level 30 it will go up at a steady rate.

P.S. I am also going to make a list of all one time offers when I complete all the regions.
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    Wow playing on The Facebook really does suck. The gold isnt bad as some would have you believe, but it seems to lose connection frequently. First I noticed that the offers page was timed out for a while and I just had to be patient, cause refreshing didnt fix it... now I get the message that connection was lost and my progress wont be saved.

But the gold really is good, so I dont have any sympathy to the facebook players :)
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    It really is annoying when the game wants you to use a specific gun, but it is a very easy issue for the player to work out...
    With my region 2 rifle that was purchased with cash I cannot play the 1st trophy in Region 2, I HAVE to use my Region 1 rifle, which seems dumb since the region 2 rifle is well over the requirements...

QERxe8J.png

jMaFZxn.png

but this is an overly pointed out problem that isnt really a problem, I just need to use my other rifle for some reason lol, just wanted to share my thoughts my second time through playing...

also the contract hunts seem to change when you complete a trophy which I never noticed before. and the timberwolf one time offer says 83% off of 1000=160... when really this is 84% off
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    muskoxmuskox Registered Users 131 Posts
    I thought leveling up was based upon the overall value of the hunt.
  • Options
    TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    I have none of those problems on FB...Hmmm
    Say What??
  • Options
    muskox wrote: »
    I thought leveling up was based upon the overall value of the hunt.

well do too uncertainty, I am going through and just confirming how they do actually work... I can already tell that the higher region hunts do give more XP, but I wont know how much more until I find a baseline of how each level varies
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Reginold wrote: »
    I counted how many successful hunts I needed to complete level 91. It was 127 completed hunts. I'm curious if anyone else has actually counted. I'm curious if it is mathmatical. My hypothesis is that the hunts needed to get to next level are based on (current level) multiplied by 1.4. So 91x1.4=127. A x 1.4 = B. I'm a math geek. If anyone else can prove or disprove this go ahead. I'm going to count level 92 and see if its consistant.

that is a great hypothesis to test. You may be right, a math geek indeed. probably not so for English: misspelled the following
    mathmatical
    consistant

just kidding, don't take it seriously :)
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Options
    Level 92 took 128 completed hunts to finish.
    Android - Galaxy S3
  • Options
    It took me 230 regional hunts and 61 club hunts, a total of 291 hunts to level up to 130....
  • Options
    club hunts do seem to count, but thanks for the updates guys
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Just a theory looking at levels 1-10 and noticing a decrease of hunts from level 9 to 10 where there is a transition to region 2. The ratio of hunts to levels might change when you begin a new region. Meaning that if you only complete trophy hunts, hunting series hunts, and the least amount of contracts hunts, you might level up more quickly than just doing contract hunts alone; of course in the case of trophy hunts costing 2 energy it makes sense that you get more level credit, but is there a difference between hunting series and contract hunts awarded level credits? And it would seem that there would have to be more than one calculation for it to apply to all levels; obviously 127/91 is a different ratio than 230/130 and a multiplier + a constant would have to begin at a higher level than the constant. Always wondered, but stopped caring after a while. Looking forward to the answer though so keep up the good work and maybe if this thread dies out a Glu programmer will surprise us later with the answer.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    i havent noticed any difference in xp from contracts to hunting series, but when I got to the 2nd region it seemed like a difference... I havent played since that post, but I am going to now because the first regions are actually very fun and im sick of the contracts in R11 lol... Also one thing that is annoying is that if say I am one hunt away from leveling up, and I do a trophy hunt, it levels me up plus gives xp towards the next level, so I am trying to factor this in the best I can but when it gives me xp towards the next level for a regular hunt it is clearly due to the fact that region 2 hunts are worth more, so I still need to find the base hunt value (R1) and the ratio of change for each region (assuming I am right about all of this) so I am gonna take my time so it isnt as much of a headache, and play over and over until I know the calculations are right before posting an answer lol

And just for the record, I dont know of any leaderboard on FB, so in order to count hunts I have been doing it by hand
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
    DjRadNaD wrote: »
    club hunts do seem to count, but thanks for the updates guys

Dj: Trophy hunts do not count, at least in R11. I keep Gong alive to get big bucks if and when needed (10 energy lights allow 5 hunts which give some 150,000 bucks).

I have tested it 5 times and the counter did not move a milimeter. As soon as the energy refilled I did 4 contract hunts and the counter moved noticeably the four times. Then with the 6 remaining energy lights I did 3 thropy hunts and the counter did not move again.
  • Options
    You can only move up levels with completed hunts. Failed hunts do not move the bar to next level. And yes completed trophy hunts do seem to move bar twice as far or count as 2.
    Android - Galaxy S3
  • Options
    Amount of completed hunts to complete levels:
    Level 91 took 127 hunts.
    Level 92 took 128 hunts.
    Level 93 took 139 hunts.
    Level 94 took 139 hunts.
    Android - Galaxy S3
  • Options
    MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
    Reginold wrote: »
    You can only move up levels with completed hunts. Failed hunts do not move the bar to next level. And yes completed trophy hunts do seem to move bar twice as far or count as 2.

Since animals killed in a failed hunt do count for the bounties, I assumed that failed hunts would also count for moving the bar to the next level. But you are absolutely right.
  • Options
    yea what reginold said... and I am a little frustrated to see that jump from 128 to 139... but I am seeing the same jumps on the lower regions.
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    muskoxmuskox Registered Users 131 Posts
    I have been under the impression it had to do with hunter bucks earned. I don't think hidden hunts reward you much at all. Region 1 hunts don't reward you as much as Region 11 hunts do. Isn't the value of the hunts what determines the speed to level up.
  • Options
    yea there is definately a difference between levels...Im not sure how much of a difference. my current theory is that each region # is a multiplier of the base hunt xp value... but 11x seems like it would be alot, so I need to test this theory.
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    DjRadNaD wrote: »
    yea there is definately a difference between levels...Im not sure how much of a difference. my current theory is that each region # is a multiplier of the base hunt xp value... but 11x seems like it would be alot, so I need to test this theory.

The posted levels 1-10 and Reginald's data on levels 91 thru 94 proves that the amount of hunts doesn't always increase, or maybe that sometimes it doesn't increase. I wonder if the ratio doesn't automatically transfer to the next level in the DH programming. WmC posted that he wasn't leveling up at level 150 so maybe they just type in a number of successful hunts for each level by hand and forgot to add the level up data past level 150?
    iPhone 4, usually.