Options

What hunts are the most exciting and fun to play?

David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
Boredom seems to be a major topic which we battle with different weapons and off the menu personal challenges. Glu's been battling our boredom with many different changes and to help them I was wondering what hunts keep your attention the most. For me, any hunt that requires me to move or aim in multiple places keeps my attention the most. Of course I can play around with weapon choices to make myself have to shoot animals twice, or in vital organs to do 1 shot kills, or just shoot organs anyway as a personal challenge.

If you asked Glu to work on one thing to make the game keep your attention the most..what would it be?
iPhone 4, usually.

Comments

• Options
    DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    more challenging is all I want.
    aside from the hunting series and rare hunts, there are no hunts in which we have to kill prey before they are scared and run away. it might be good to add some of these "prey hunts" to the contracts.
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    DjRadNaD wrote: »
    more challenging is all I want.
    aside from the hunting series and rare hunts, there are no hunts in which we have to kill prey before they are scared and run away. it might be good to add some of these "prey hunts" to the contracts.

Good point as the running away part includes the opportunity, or challenge, to use open site/sites and switching weapons such as shotgun to rifle or AR.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    muskoxmuskox Registered Users 131 Posts
    I know it doesn't fit with the design of the game, but I'd love a hunt where you actually have to walk through a woods and hunt for a quarry. I'd also like to see a northeastern US woods hunt. Let us hunt the brambled woods of Pennsylvania or maybe the deep dark woods of northern Maine or the pine barrens of New Jersey. I like hidden quarry, not big on racing the clock to shoot a long string of the same creatures running the same direction. Some small game hunting would be fun too - squirrels, rabbits, etc. I like how the regions change, but Glu needs to invest some time and effort into changing the animals we hunt and being a little more careful about making the animals more region specific. With that said, it is the similarity of real hunting evident in this game that I enjoy.
  • Options
    Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    The more challenging the better. I'd like to see predator hunts where the required targeted animals cannot all be seen, hidden behind the regions scenery. You'd have to kill 1 or 2 and wait for the others to get startled and run. Hopefully the programming would be able to give the animals different paths to scramble so its not just challenging the first time the hunt is played. The further back the animals are and the less path they have to run would make for a really challenging hunt, especially if heart or lung shots were also required.

Personally I enjoy hunting the bengal tiger and the moose club hunts.
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
  • Options
    and this is my favorite kill in the R11 contracts...

HDe1JOr.jpg
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    Very cool. Do you ever count the seconds it takes for that final bullet to reach something? Seven and a whisker is my record. Sometimes I let that last animal get way out there before I pull the trigger on it, just to see how far away I can drop it. :-)
  • Options
    deer sleigherdeer sleigher Registered Users 317 Posts
    I enjoy the hornbills as you have to look to see them and the predator hunts where a reload at the wrong moment fails the hunt region 11 has a good balance of contract hunts on offer but predator hunts are my personal favourite would love a hunt from a moving platform from a Howden on an elephant hunting Bengal tiger like in the James bond film starring Roger Moore
  • Options
    Think it was film octo*****
  • Options
    Well, the filter has stumped me on your last post deer sleigher. Film October..... ?
  • Options
    octop-u-s-s-y
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    muskox wrote: »
    Well, the filter has stumped me on your last post deer sleigher. Film October..... ?
    The film.was.octop-u-s-s-y
  • Options
    Does the outline.of.this.rock pillar remind you of king Kong movie it does me especially with missing s t swirling round the rock pillar
    DjRadNaD wrote: »
    and this is my favorite kill in the R11 contracts...

HDe1JOr.jpg
  • Options
    triggerhappytriggerhappy Registered Users 159 Posts
    I'd love to see hunts with mixed animals. I noticed in Region11 there are some hunts were there are two types of animals on the screen but i'd like to see a hunt that says Kill 2 Moose and 3 Muskox for exmaple. Even better would be a mix and prey and predators. Say you have to kill 4 white tailed deer while there are also bears in the hunt so while you are sizing up the deer you could have a bear charging you. The game needs to be more challenging. We blow through these regions too quickly.
  • Options
    Picking out a trophy animal from a herd has been mentioned before and the game has the trophy animals ready to go this would be a good addition to the hunts
  • Options
    Picking out a trophy animal from a herd has been mentioned before and the game has the trophy animals ready to go this would be a good addition to the hunts

believe it or not, if you start a new game you will realize that the first couple regions are like this! I had to find the one black wolf among the grey wolves for the trophy, and another hunt had 4 different animals on the screen, a zebra a lion a kudu, and something else, but I just had to kill the lion... so I killed all the others and waited for him to attack me :)
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    How do you identify a trophy animal? Are they just the odd animal out in a hunt, or are they more specific than that?
  • Options
    more specific. only certain animals are rare, like albino moose or trophy animals or zombie animals
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    I'm still working on the bounties personal best so far 9 ducks in 27 seconds in region 6 leaving 1.33 still on countdown had a good v formation fly past from left to right using collie AR leaving 10th duck so I can repeat the hunt considering ducks take nearly 20secs to show up it's probably not going to be improved upon by me but I'm giving it a good try
  • Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    I'd like to see a "specialty hunt" icon in each region. You have a certain amount of time to find and stalk a certain species, and fire 1 humane kill shot. The reward would be up to Glu. And maybe to make it more challenging, you only get three chances, if you fail all 3 the icon disappears. Make the animal with the finest graphics they have! A real trophy hunt!! Sound cool? :) T.F
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    todfoxx wrote: »
    I'd like to see a "specialty hunt" icon in each region. You have a certain amount of time to find and stalk a certain species, and fire 1 humane kill shot. The reward would be up to Glu. And maybe to make it more challenging, you only get three chances, if you fail all 3 the icon disappears. Make the animal with the finest graphics they have! A real trophy hunt!! Sound cool? :) T.F

I'm assuming when you say "find and stalk a certain species" you're implying that there are multiple species to choose from in the same hunt...yes that would be cool....

A suggestion to replace the "fail 3 times and the icon disappears" would be if the special animal showed up in the first hunt, but if you weren't successful then the 2nd and 3rd time wouldn't necessarily guarantee that the special animal would be in the hunt; basically a forced failed hunt for the special animal; maybe make the special animal more of a bonus that was available but not necessary.

I like the idea of a hidden bonus animal where the game would tell you that there is a bonus animal (different species than the hunt), but wouldn't tell you what the bonus animal was. That way it would encourage you to not kill the last regular animal until you found the bonus animal which would make watching the clock more prevalent.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    the rare hunts used to be like this. and paid alot of hunter bucks. I dont understand why they didnt leave them in the regions that now have no rare hunts...

If they make these "specialty hunts", how about the exotic animal is very well hidden! I am talking about him being way up on a mountain outside of a map that you can barely even see with your sights. and if you miss he runs away.
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    I'd like to be able to go back and play the regular hunts throughout each of the levels. It would be fun to revisit some of them.
  • Options
    muskox wrote: »
    I'd like to be able to go back and play the regular hunts throughout each of the levels. It would be fun to revisit some of them.

I 2nd that! Seeing that green check mark is fun for a day, but then you're stuck with "completion remorse". Come on Glu, let us play with your toys for more than one round....pleaseeeeeee
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    vid666vid666 Registered Users 76 Posts
    I would enjoy every hunt equally if they were somewhat challenging but they are not. There are more than enough ideas out there to make.it more.of a challenge and therefore replayable in addition to daily and weekly quests. Unfortunately the game.is dumbed down and we can finish it in minutes but for the energy. One and done is so disappointing. I read their financial 10k filing the other day and as I expected, burning through the cash, about 4 years left, and they are currently cutting headcount and consolidating offices to save money. I think that is why we get the same animals,,same hunts, same old same old. They are not putting a lot of.money into this title. They paid $5 million for it from Atari. My guess is they are never gonna make it back
    Why spend real money on a game you play for.minutes then done? It's too bad. They probably have literally 1art guy, a map designer,,and one guy to recycle the same animals through a new region. Or maybe the janitorrl does that too. Glu seems to be betting on some of the other titles instead. I wish this game has been done better from the start so you had to play a lot to progress and even send them $. I forget now what I started out with... Oh.. Fave hunt... Probably the elephants cuz I love the thud they make when they take a dirt nap.
  • Options
    vid666 wrote: »
    Fave hunt... Probably the elephants cuz I love the thud they make when they take a dirt nap.

I too enjoy the elephant thud, but the added details to the fast cats ground skidding with paw twitching is right up there with jumping animals getting blasted backward, stuck in trees, or up a mountain; all very entertaining...
    iPhone 4, usually.