1 year wasted...gutted

Alan1572Alan1572 Registered Users 34 Posts
so after a year of playing DH2014 my iPad went faulty and apple kindly replaced it even though it was 4 months out of warranty, the downside is I lost everything on my old one including my DH2014, now I have to start again :(
Prev1

Comments

• DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    NO! I m sorry for you, really. :(
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Alan1572Alan1572 Registered Users 34 Posts
    Cheers, I got to level 64 :(
  • Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    Alan1572 wrote: »
    so after a year of playing DH2014 my iPad went faulty and apple kindly replaced it even though it was 4 months out of warranty, the downside is I lost everything on my old one including my DH2014, now I have to start again :(

Sorry to hear that buddy. I'd hate to start over.... Thankfully it has that restore purchase feature. I'd start off the game with the desperado (region 11-12 rifle) and the force (region 10 shotgun) so I'd probably breeze through the game if I had to start over.
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    That feature would let you do that? Wow that's reassuring, I wonder how they keep track of what you have purchased (weapon wise)? So if your device goes bonkers, you can get all your purchases back, but yet you have start all over? Am I understanding this right? :)
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
    It only restores gold purchases from what I gather...... Hope I interpreted that option correctly.
    It may only restore real cash purchases..... How would it know? Guess I better do some research :)
  • Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    Alan, it's not that bad. I have done it a couple of times. You'll make better buying decisions second time through. Have fun with it.

Cheers

Sunny
    Drink more beer. :cool:
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    You made it clear Eli, interesting in what you find out, I think everyone will be glad to read what you find out. Thank you! :) T.F
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    It only restores gold purchases from what I gather...... Hope I interpreted that option correctly.

I really don't think that restore purchases button works. I could be wrong but I figure someone would have tried it when they switched to a new device. Or their device broke.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • muskoxmuskox Registered Users 131 Posts
    The other thing is how do they know what you have spent purchased gold on vs gold you have won. I don't know how they would keep track of what they owed you. I'd like to know more too. Honestly, I think I'd be so disheartened, I wouldn't start over.
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    I haven't had a computer crash, but I did start a new game recently on another device and the 2nd time is fun. Now the game is less linear, such as trying to earn cash and reach regions 8-11, while collecting map pieces and platinum, all at the same time.

Even after completing region 11 and hidden 2. Some days I work towards the platinum to upgrade the Snare, other times in region 11 for cash to get the Collie, and then there are club hunts to boost the overall kill rankings....not forgetting about the bounties section of course.

PS: If you are starting over and have the opportunity to get free gold, don't rush to get to the next region; wait until you have a couple hundred gold so you can take advantage of the one time offers.

Happy hunting!
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    I am currently running 3 games...and each time I started a new one it was more fun...partly from knowing the ins and outs from the previous game.

And I did not make it easy by getting the R10 weapons to breeze thru it...I took it region by region not advancing till everything in that region was accomplished.
    Say What??
  • KingdinglingKingdingling Registered Users 211 Posts
    I had the same happen to me, but my story is that my buddies and I went on a deep sea fishing trip, I snagged one so he quickly reached for my phone to capture the moment. To make a long story short he accidentally dropped my phone in the water while taking this photo.... It sucked. My buddie sent this pic. to me after I received my new device. I had been playing nearly since the game come out. 48FB3766-7405-4D06-9104-A7D72C6B3F46_zps5hyevi3k.jpg

However I don't know what device you are playing on but this may help a little. I'm on an IOS device and Believe it or not I'm actually enjoying the game more this second go round. Hang in there Buck...0DA5902C-38CE-4DF6-A999-AB329BD58B80_zpszdahoegn.png[/SUB]
    Is this a new version of the game that's out somewhere? This is not coming up on my IPad!
  • KingdinglingKingdingling Registered Users 211 Posts
    muskox wrote: »
    Is this a new version of the game that's out somewhere? This is not coming up on my IPad!

Muskox, I don't believe It's anything new. I think no one wanted to post this feature. I have been getting it consistently. I thought it was a Father's Day gift from Glu. ADA8A8AC-A3FC-4E1D-BF45-D943053A9901_zpsgucus1mi.png
  • LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    I have not seen this offer on my iOS. What device is it offered on?
    Los wrote: »
    I have not seen this offer on my iOS. What device is it offered on?

The addition of "watch a video for energy" came when the DH icon started having a "2.0" on it. I got the option on my iPad and iPhone when I downloaded the 2.0 update.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • wsmitty01wsmitty01 Registered Users 37 Posts
    This never comes up on my Android tablet!
    I've checked over and over and I've yet to see the option to watch a video for energy and I too play on an iphone.
    I've checked over and over and I've yet to see the option to watch a video for energy and I too play on an iphone.

Weird and sorry. Maybe they thought I needed a crutch to catch up to all you power-playing-vets... Hopefully they roll it out to you soon.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    I've never seen this option and I play on iPad. It's either in beta or it's new or it is specific. I've spent stupid amounts of money on this game and played almost since it's start and have never seen it. I applaud the concept profusely, but have never had the enjoyment of using it.
    David T wrote: »
    Weird and sorry. Maybe they thought I needed a crutch to catch up to all you power-playing-vets... Hopefully they roll it out to you soon.

Ha ha, I don't think of myself that way, but thanks. I just like this game :)
    muskox wrote: »
    I've never seen this option and I play on iPad. It's either in beta or it's new or it is specific. I've spent stupid amounts of money on this game and played almost since it's start and have never seen it. I applaud the concept profusely, but have never had the enjoyment of using it.

I was thinking its a regional thing, but you're east coast and so is Dj, so it can't be. It may be rewarded to those on a low level. What level are you on? I'm on 132
    What level are you on? I'm on 132

Sure...rub it in!! I should hit 100 (and 80 and 50) before the weekend is over. :)
    Say What??
    Tdub wrote: »
    Sure...rub it in!! I should hit 100 (and 80 and 50) before the weekend is over. :)

Lol, I would never :)...... I was asking to see if my theory is correct regarding the watch a video for energy. Are u really gonna hit 100 or 50?
    I am 1/2 way thru 99 on the Ipad..almost to 80 and 50 on my FB games...
    Say What??
  • SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    I am on level 130 and about 30 more games and I'll be on level 131.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    I am on level 130 and about 30 more games and I'll be on level 131.

017-5.gif
    Say What??
  • DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    man Ive been in the 60s for like 2 months, I dont actually play often, just gold hunter lol

and yea i am on east coast
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
    DjRadNaD wrote: »

and yea i am on east coast

I'm sorry to hear that!! :)
    Say What??