Options

sitting this one out

Finland amFinland am Registered Users 4 Posts
I have purchased every gun ever required since I started playing this awesome game. But I'll be sitting this event out. Silly looking new toyish gun and the cost is just too much for me. Still playing and lovin the game tho👍

Comments

• Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    It only cost me 171 gold for the Liberator and 88 gold for Faded Glory after the one time offers.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    ReginoldReginold Registered Users 35 Posts
    This Independence event cost me a lot of GOLD. Around 450 gold used. At least I got the G@H AR100X. Not impressed with the other guns. I should have skipped the extra cannon in level 8. I really am low on gold now.
    Android - Galaxy S3
  • Options
    Reginold wrote: »
    This Independence event cost me a lot of GOLD. Around 450 gold used. At least I got the G@H AR100X. Not impressed with the other guns. I should have skipped the extra cannon in level 8. I really am low on gold now.

You didn't get the one time offers?
  • Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    I took the Cannon and passed on the Liberator.
    I'm not going to waste gold on three guns for a 2 region event, and decided to go for the extra power.
    Not really a fan of any of the cartoon-ish guns. I passed on the Kringle and Pilgrim guns way back when for the same reason the OP is passing on this event.
    However, the platinum eagle currency has changed the game's strategy, and I'll take the opportunity to earn the platinum.
    Losing out on the platinum for whenever a next Hidden Region eventually comes is probably the biggest drawback to sitting out an event.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    Reginold wrote: »

Did you use gold to upgrade the event guns? I bought all 3 event guns and it cost me 431 gold. I used platinum eagles to upgrade two guns and still gained 185 platinum.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    I did the region 8 series, but skipped the region 5 one on my Android device. Probably won't do either on the Apple one, as gold is in short supply.
  • Options
    pistoff wrote: »
    I did the region 8 series, but skipped the region 5 one on my Android device. Probably won't do either on the Apple one, as gold is in short supply.

Do you do the offers on Tapjoy.com? In the last few hours I have gotten 65 gold from downloading games. I downloaded a Glu game Dead Route for 14 gold which is a fun game.
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    I'm on vacation at the moment and the iPad is at home. Gold seems harder to come by in the UK, I think.
  • Options
    ViralstrainViralstrain Registered Users 13 Posts
    Finland am wrote: »
    I have purchased every gun ever required since I started playing this awesome game. But I'll be sitting this event out. Silly looking new toyish gun and the cost is just too much for me. Still playing and lovin the game tho👍

I view it more along the lines as, instead of spending the gold on a silly looking shotgun pistol, it's a cheap investment to a freely won L12 AR. Play just Region 8 event and get your reward.
    iPad Air
  • Options
    muskoxmuskox Registered Users 131 Posts
    I never thought I would say this, but I put this game aside for a while. It is getting too boring and costing too much. I'm tired of taking one step forward and two backwards trying to buy guns and play hunts that look very much tHe same as the last ones. I found another game that caught my fancy. There is nothing to motivate me to play this game anymore. It is the same old stuff over and over again. For newer players, enjoy it, just as I have for over a year. I'll stay in touch with the forum. I've had about more fun here lately than I have playing the game. To those of you soldiering onward, I will look forward to your posts a out what is new and what is going on I. The world of the deer hunters.
  • Options
    wsmitty01wsmitty01 Registered Users 37 Posts
    What other game did you find?
  • Options
    muskoxmuskox Registered Users 131 Posts
    Given that it is not a Glu game, and this is their forum, I will not say here. It is not a hunting game and no, there isn't a better one out there that I've found. The game Isn't hunter themed. Deer Hunter is a lot of fun and you all are great. The only real complaint I have is that I can't justify spending any more money on something I'm bored with. When you all get excited about something new and meaningful, I will pick it up again. :-) I'm just tired of spending ten eagles to get twelve and then finding out that it's only to hunt the same old animals. I'z just bored. That's all.
  • Options
    TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    Why are you spending money???
    Say What??
  • Options
    JameshuntJameshunt Registered Users 51 Posts
    I understand this is the Glu forums but I really wish I knew what game you are playing. I Am Desperate for finding something new and fun to play.
    I love Deer Hunter but I am done with it, I have nothing new to do and I don't feel like killing the same animals over and over
  • Options
    DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    I dont know what he is playing either, but some of the other glu games are fun... and yes i sound like a salesman or something lol
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    there is a first person zombie game on facebook, (good graphics like DH) so i have been playing that, i wonder if that is the one that he was talking about.
    there is also a Sci fi multi player shooter, I wont name names but i wonder if OP is playing either one.
  • Options
    vid666vid666 Registered Users 76 Posts
    muskox wrote: »
    Given that it is not a Glu game, and this is their forum, I will not say here. It is not a hunting game and no, there isn't a better one out there
    Why would Glu care if you mentioned another game you like besides dh2014? They are not petty little children. Personally dh2014 is the best by far hunting game ever. The only other game I have on my phone now is ace fishing. Ace is awesome because it has great graphics and is very challenging as you progress. It took me about a week to get hooked. Personally I wish Glu would take a hard and long look at ace fishing and see how there are so many daily challenges, events, hourly tournaments, facebook interaction with customers for surprise challenges, and a high amount of difficulty that the player must log on all the time so you don't miss out. If dh2014 incorporated even half the stuff ace does for the players dh2014 would be insane. Better yet, my fantasy would be Glu coming out with fishing2014 and taking ace's game to a new level. Glu would have to put resources into it though because ace is a daily event driven game so an event every 4-6 weeks like dh2014 wouldn't cut it. I suspect dh2014 is like a red headed stepchild to Glu right now and is running on bare bones which is why it is not changing and we keep seeing more of the same. Maybe Dino hunting will see a higher degree of daily and weekly customer interaction to keep the replayability higher than dh2014.
  • Options
    I agree that ace fishing is a good game, they put alot of cool features like the fish tanks and stuff, but I got sick of that game very quickly
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    got some good news for you... check out what beta game I just downloaded

ZJTexsT.png
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    Have played all 3 hunts without even using the 'foo foo" shotguns...just upgraded them as required while using other weapons to get the R12 assault rifle.
    Say What??
  • Options
    ok, the glu fishing game kinda sux, sorry glu, but com2us beat you in fishing... by a long shot.

this is a personal opinion of course

just started writing more about this, but I guess ill go look for a forum for it
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    vid666 wrote: »
    Why would Glu care if you mentioned another game you like besides dh2014? They are not petty little children. Personally dh2014 is the best by far hunting game ever. The only other game I have on my phone now is ace fishing. Ace is awesome because it has great graphics and is very challenging as you progress. It took me about a week to get hooked. Personally I wish Glu would take a hard and long look at ace fishing and see how there are so many daily challenges, events, hourly tournaments, facebook interaction with customers for surprise challenges, and a high amount of difficulty that the player must log on all the time so you don't miss out. If dh2014 incorporated even half the stuff ace does for the players dh2014 would be insane. Better yet, my fantasy would be Glu coming out with fishing2014 and taking ace's game to a new level. Glu would have to put resources into it though because ace is a daily event driven game so an event every 4-6 weeks like dh2014 wouldn't cut it. I suspect dh2014 is like a red headed stepchild to Glu right now and is running on bare bones which is why it is not changing and we keep seeing more of the same. Maybe Dino hunting will see a higher degree of daily and weekly customer interaction to keep the replayability higher than dh2014.

sometimes it is against the rule to mention the competition on forums or game pages.

i am not sure what the rule is for this forum and glu games