Options

Glu admin, what does restore purchases do?

I've done a bit of research but have not found a good enough answer to I turn to you, what happens when one activates the restore purchases option?
:cool: iPhone 4s :cool:

Comments

• Options
    TotallyNotSteveTotallyNotSteve Registered Users 221 Posts
    On iOS, it should restore any in-game items (like the Starter Pack) that you purchased with real money.
  • Options
    muskoxmuskox Registered Users 131 Posts
    So, if I purchased 200 gold and then later purchased a gun with it, do I get the gold or the gun back?
  • Options
    muskoxmuskox Registered Users 131 Posts
    Fact is Glu needs to figure out a way to. Independently back up their game for their players. I know independent storage is not cheap. Maybe Glu could offer a paid subscription service to defray the cost of backing a player up. Have a free version of the game that doesn't back up and a paid platinum version that does. I'll readily admit this ethereal, pie in the sky, it should back up on the cloud makes me really nervous, givens the money I have shelled out to stay current and competitive I this game. If I lost it all. I'd be done. Plain and simple. I'd delete the app and move on, though that is not what I'd want to do.
  • Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Well on kindle it saves it to cloud. You can uninstall it from the device, and I don't lose anything I've earned or purchased. I cannot say that it does this with any game because it doesn't. But I've never had a problem with DH. I hope that I don't run into any issues on my iPad. Sheppeck mentioned something about saving the game with iTunes, I wonder how that's done? Probably something simple, I'm new with this iPad. T.F
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    Some people have said that they were able to restore DH from iTunes. You can download iTunes from apple.com. Basically connect your device on your computer and then open iTunes and sync and it will save the game. Or you can back up your game to iCloud. But some people have said that doesn't always work.

Look up the thread "account transfer" it has some good information from a guy who successfully restored his game to another apple device.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    Makes sense, does the game get automatically saved to icloud? Or more to the point, is it getting saved somewhere on Apple devices without me doing anything. Or is it a option in the game center. The woman at the Apple store said that I may run into some problems if I had 6 games or more on my iPad, it only being 16 gb. Not worried, I will only have two or three at the most. I'm just learning with iPad so bear with me if I sound stupid! I'll try not to bother you with so many questions. But if anyone needs help with kindle, ask me, I'm pretty knowledgeable about that.
  • Options
    It depends how you have your iCloud account set up. There is a setting for backing up your device automatically to iCloud. But I really don't like using iCloud. Me and my wife share apple accounts and things can get merged if you share apple accounts. I prefer to backup my iPhone to my Mac on iTunes. With iTunes you have to use a cord to do the backup.
  • Options
    So if I'm the only one using a icloud account, I should be fine? Thank you Sheppeck. T.F
  • Options
    Yes. You should be fine.
    Keep in mind I have never tried to restore my game. But other people have done it successfully using iTunes or iCloud.
  • Options
    KohaisanKohaisan Registered Users 18 Posts
    On iOS, it should restore any in-game items (like the Starter Pack) that you purchased with real money.
    True, but it will only restore "non-consumables". Will not restore consummable items such as Energy Drinks, Hollow Points, etc. At least, it has not done so for me. Used it twice previously.
  • Options
    Kohaisan wrote: »
    True, but it will only restore "non-consumables". Will not restore consummable items such as Energy Drinks, Hollow Points, etc. At least, it has not done so for me. Used it twice previously.

So to be clear for everyone, it will only restore items you've paid real money for. And is this the case if you switch devices, let's say something like upgrading your iPhone or ipad? Is this when you would use this "restore purchases"? Thanks for your input. This being a new feature, I think someone at Glu should give us the rundown. :) T.F
  • Options
    KohaisanKohaisan Registered Users 18 Posts
    todfoxx wrote: »
    So to be clear for everyone, it will only restore items you've paid real money for. And is this the case if you switch devices, let's say something like upgrading your iPhone or ipad? Is this when you would use this "restore purchases"? Thanks for your input. This being a new feature, I think someone at Glu should give us the rundown. :) T.F
    Yes. I started playing on an iPod Touch 5...started to go blind and downloaded game on old iPad 1. Was able to restore ALL weapons, but NO gold or consumables. At least, I didn't have to buy the weapons again!
  • Options
    Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    Kohaisan wrote: »
    Yes. I started playing on an iPod Touch 5...started to go blind and downloaded game on old iPad 1. Was able to restore ALL weapons, but NO gold or consumables. At least, I didn't have to buy the weapons again!

Thank you for posting your experience!
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
  • Options
    That is correct, in that restores "purchases" but it does not restore purchases made with gold that you purchased. Kinda like taking something back to the store and getting a replacement and your cash back, not gonna happen. Hope that wasn't confusing :) T.F
  • Options
    Florencio CastañedaFlorencio Castañeda Registered Users 1 Posts
    4 times the app crashed off. I was in region 10 I lost all my weapons and progress . What I can do for recovery all?