Options

Hornbills

TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
Finally get a hunt that is a challenge and because of the crybabies saying it was too hard Glu dumbs it down to a 10 second hunt.
You have those that cry about when the next hunt will come out and then there are the diehards looking for more challenging hunts...
Say What??

Comments

• Options
    Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    Exactly what I thought
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
  • Options
    DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    hey eli, I just noticed that your attacking tiger picture is on the glu FB page :)

congrats!

and that zombie running game is new (the one we got gold for downloading the other day)
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    I can see why Glu changed the hornbill hunt. People playing on smaller devices would find it a lot harder than people playing on larger devices. Now when I play the hornbill hunt I try to see how many kills I can get before the hunt ends. My high is 17 kills.

Btw Eli, welcome back. You were missed on the forums the last few days.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    Now when I play the hornbill hunt I try to see how many kills I can get before the hunt ends. My high is 17 kills.

I am trying for the best time to complete hunt. I am down to 6 seconds...with FB just keep the trigger pulled and it becomes rapid fire...I should try and keep track of the # of kills.
    Say What??
  • Options
    DjRadNaD wrote: »
    hey eli, I just noticed that your attacking tiger picture is on the glu FB page :)

congrats!

and that zombie running game is new (the one we got gold for downloading the other day)

That's pretty awesome. Thanks for letting me know. And thank you glu, I love the game :)
  • Options
    I can see why Glu changed the hornbill hunt. People playing on smaller devices would find it a lot harder than people playing on larger devices. Now when I play the hornbill hunt I try to see how many kills I can get before the hunt ends. My high is 17 kills.

Thanks Shep. My son blasted through my data usage so I wasn't able to play the game or get on the forum. I feel like I missed a lot :)

It was a fun trip up in the mountains.... Did get some bad news when I arrived: my brother may have cancer. Then on Sa****ay my wife and son fell in the water when the fishing boat they were in tipped over. My son, who is 6, had a life jacket but my wife did not, but thank God all was well. Very trrrifying sitting on the shore and there is nothing you can do.
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    @Eli sorry to here about your brother. I'm glad your wife and son were alright.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Same here Eli.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    Thanks guys. My brother is headed to LA right now to get an expert opinion, and if it is, start treatment.
  • Options
    KohaisanKohaisan Registered Users 18 Posts

You're probably right, but I play quite a bit on an iPod Touch 5...very small screen. Hornbills on that device are (were) very hard to see, but I enjoyed the challenge. It had been quite a while since I had last had a "HUNT FAILED" msg other than trying to fill bounties. Now, it's so easy, there is no challenge at all. Unfortunate that they changed it. Can't speak for those who whined, but I was not one of them.
  • Options
    BounderbyBounderby Registered Users 31 Posts
    Tdub wrote: »
    Finally get a hunt that is a challenge and because of the crybabies saying it was too hard Glu dumbs it down to a 10 second hunt.
    You have those that cry about when the next hunt will come out and then there are the diehards looking for more challenging hunts...

I might not have expressed it in those words, but I agree with the sentiment. I (as Sheppeck commented) understand that it would have been difficult on a tiny screen. Now it takes longer to swap weapons than it does to complete the hunt; it used to be my favorite. I wonder why Glu didn't just add a few birds, rather than taking away the distant ones. I notice also that 'near enough is good enough' with the Hornbills. A shot fired in their general direction brings them down, even from an assault rifle. Oh, well, back to trying to provoke dozy tigers into a mass attack.
  • Options
    Max SterlingMax Sterling Registered Users 311 Posts
    ^Im glad someone else noticed how incredibly easy the hornbill hunt is. Bounderby, you're 100% correct about only needing to aim in their general direction. Its so much different from all other hunts, I wonder if they meant to make it that way?
  • Options
    Even easy with an assault rifle...they make a cute little squeak when you kill them...
    Say What??
  • Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    I can even hit them with a pistol!
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    todfoxx wrote: »
    I can even hit them with a pistol!

That was possible before :-) The Plisskin Fang with open sights gave me just enough magnification on my Android tablet to find and hit the little sods. Now I don't even need to hit them. I think the effect of a projectile passing within a couple of feet scares them out of their feathers and they freeze to death. That's my best guess, anyway.
  • Options
    LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    For those of us who want a challenge, maybe we can request a slingshot and a bag of marbles!!! I would pay a million hunter bucks for it. Or maybe a boomerang?
  • Options
    They'd probably get sued by angry birds if they put a sling shot on here lol
  • Options
    Slingshot is overkill. The level 1 Clayton Sportsman pistol with open sights takes these fragile birds.