Options

Could Hornbills in Region 11 be any smaller??

Wow! Needed a magnifying glass to see the tiny specs flying across my IPad screen. How does someone on a phone see these???

Comments

• Options
    Purple7Purple7 Registered Users 5 Posts
    You can't! I'm either not seeing them or they are not flying. Haven't achieved it yet. :(
  • Options
    Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    Try turning the brightness up on your phone/ device. I just got 12 of the little buggers with 1:17 left. Fire away at the pillars.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    Found it more difficult on my Nexus 7, but the iPad is fine. Can shoot 12 with around a minute to spare.
  • Options
    Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    Increasing brightness really helps. I failed the first time, increased the brightness and have not failed since... I've also been able to kill well over 12 most of the time. I completed the hunt quite a few times with 1:30 or more left. They are pretty small but much much easier to see with the brightness turned up.
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
  • Options
    vid666vid666 Registered Users 76 Posts
    I had my wife/porter go get me a pair of 2x reading glasses from the dollar store so I could see the hornbills. Look to the 3 left pillars. Lots fly off the tops.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Thanks for the feedback. I have to confess I read that subject line in the voice of Chandler from Friends.
  • Options
    TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    No probs here at all...but then again I am playing on a 36" big screen :)
    Say What??
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback. I have to confess I read that subject line in the voice of Chandler from Friends.

I had Jerry Seinfeld.
  • Options
    pistoff wrote: »
    I had Jerry Seinfeld.

What do you mean you had Jerry Seinfeld?
  • Options
    muskoxmuskox Registered Users 131 Posts
    Bigger would be better.
  • Options
    RitaCarrollRitaCarroll Registered Users 54 Posts
    vid666 wrote: »
    I had my wife/porter go get me a pair of 2x reading glasses from the dollar store so I could see the hornbills. Look to the 3 left pillars. Lots fly off the tops.

I'm wearing a pair of those 99c reading glasses. Am I going to need a second pair? Lol thanks for the tip of where to look for the crazy things. Sweeping back and forth got me nowhere. Off to go upgrade guns some more
  • Options
    deer sleigherdeer sleigher Registered Users 317 Posts
    I quite liked the challenge of spotting tiny dots in the sky then I used AR with sights and suddenly they look like turkeys
  • Options
    I quite liked the challenge of spotting tiny dots in the sky then I used AR with sights and suddenly they look like turkeys

Wish I would have read your post before I wasted 3 hunts on only getting 11 of 12 each time. Thanks for the newest hint
  • Options
    paul558paul558 Registered Users 24 Posts
    Well hard but dose me head in . Tje redt of lev 11 is sound😊
  • Options
    Are my glasses getting stronger or are the hornbills getting a little bigger with each hunt .
  • Options
    Are my glasses getting stronger or are the hornbills getting a little bigger with each hunt .

I've played about 40 hunts on region 11 and have yet to get the hornbills, where they were popping up at least twice per energy refill before.... I wonder if glu is working/worked on making them bigger as there has been a lot of complaints.
  • Options
    DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    no, you just haven't had them, this always happens to me.. and then the hunt pops up shortly after and again shortly after that time lol
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    Right after posting this I got them on the next hunt lol
  • Options
    GAMESLAYERGAMESLAYER Registered Users 92 Posts
    No problem here. I use an assault rifle. Don't use your scope, just use the crosshairs beside it.
  • Options
    TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    Jeesh...first you ask for the hunts to be more of a challenge, then when they make it so you complain...
    Say What??
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Glu intentionally made the game more challenging by updating most regions to include less time to hunt, faster animals, less animals, animals that change direction more often, and now Hornbills in the mountains that seem like trying to see moving cars from an airplane. To me it is realistic to not be able to see distant prey without using a scope.

Now as for the 'unintentional' new challenges, like the Hornbills not being visible at all on a 3" x 2" screen without zooming in or the delay in firing to actually hitting the animal because of the CPU processing speed is too slow, well I guess those are more like happy accidents that also increase the realism.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    AaronpattAaronpatt Registered Users 1 Posts
    Try looking immediately up in the sky as far left as you possibly can (might also work to the right). That is where they fly in from and they are much closer and easier to see (and shoot). Works for me.
  • Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    When this thread was started, it was a very different (and more challenging) hunt.
    Originally, they stayed in the distance, never came in from overhead, and were almost invisibly tiny.
    The hunt was changed in a more recent update to what you are describing. The rest of the thread occurred before the change was made.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    PZOPZO Registered Users 260 Posts
    I liked the dot sized Hornbills. But I guess making them bigger for the less-Advanced Hunters was a good thing (for them). Can't wait to see what animals come with the next challenge
  • Options
    CattitudeCattitude Registered Users 1 Posts
    It certainly has changed now. The Hornbills went from being a challenge to being a boring sure thing. I enjoyed it more when it was a hard challenge.
  • Options
    TMK_69TMK_69 Registered Users 11 Posts
    I have to agree! People need to get better, not make the game easier. They need to make it more of a challenge.
  • Options
    jgrammentzjgrammentz Registered Users 131 Posts
    I never had a problem with the tiny hornbills, but couldn't see the geese at night. Too many failed hunts trying to find them in a dark night sky.
    Phone Samsung s6 galaxy Android 5.0.2, Tablet miTraveller Android 4.0
  • Options
    DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    jgrammentz wrote: »
    I never had a problem with the tiny hornbills, but couldn't see the geese at night. Too many failed hunts trying to find them in a dark night sky.

I completely agree, there are much harder birds to see, the night one, and the region 8 one, but the R11 was just fun :)
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    Lowrod09Lowrod09 Registered Users 11 Posts
    Keep firing as fast as you can in the first 15 seconds and you can complete the mission within plenty of time to spare.