Options

hunters ethics

DadoDado Registered Users 4 Posts
This game is getting boring - just shooting - hunting is about stalking and hitting/killing propperly - the first DH had elements of this - killing elephants, rhinos, etc. is not helpful to learn something about nature. I like to see the next DH 2015 with clear elements of hunter actions towards an enviromental friendly activity where you need real hunter skills - use your brain guys, you can do better than this limited shooting stuff - give people something to learn, to achieve, to become a respected person in the society - become a "Native" Hunter.

Comments

• Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    Watch the nature channel if you want to learn something. I certainly don't expect a game to teach me anything.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Between myself and two sons, we subscribe to many hunting magazines and newsletters. We are very ethical hunters. Staying current with all rules and regulations. This is a game were we don't need to worry about that. We play it, enjoy it, and have alot of fun. I believe this game is a very big for Glu, so I'm sure they are very careful on any changes the make. And also for any future games. They have a very big following of loyal players.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    vid666vid666 Registered Users 76 Posts
    todfoxx wrote: »
    Between myself and two sons, we subscribe to many hunting magazines and newsletters. We are very ethical hunters. Staying current with all rules and regulations. This is a game were we don't need to worry about that. We play it, enjoy it, and have alot of fun. I believe this game is a very big for Glu, so I'm sure they are very careful on any changes the make. And also for any future games. They have a very big following of loyal players.

I think you are wrong that DH2014 is a big game for GLU. Read their SEC filing 10k. They spent $5 million buying the game from Atari. They barely even mention DH2014 in their filings to shareholders. Instead they talk up a bunch of their other games. That tells me this game is a money loser. It is all about money and the stock price and if DH was big they would be talking it up so investors got excited. They don't. Now think about how much you have spent on the game. Most of us a big fat zero because they have messed it up and made it wrong. There is no replayability so who would pay? Then think about the events and new regions. No new animals and just some new backgrounds or a recycled event. They are devoting MINIMAL resources to this game. They don't talk it up to investors and they are putting little into it. Sorry... I like it, bit it is a loser. You get an hour or two of new scenery play a month and that's it. My guess is Dino is the last bet to make a different version to make money. You will see Dino be very expensive and you will be forced into paying real money to progress past a certain. Point or face excruciatingly painful grind. You watch. Dh is dead and Dino will get to be pay or pain. They want you drained of gold now in dh if you are android walleting for their Dino future. Hey, I would do it too. You watch and see...
  • Options
    @vid666 why would Glu continue to update the game if it wasn't making them money? I also have to wonder why you would take the time to post on the forum if you don't like the game.
  • Options
    I said I do like the game. I just am very sure it is a dying project at Glu based on public financial documents and what we see from updates. The updates are very small and at most took 1 or 2 people because they are just a new background with the same animals. That is just an artist and maybe 1 programmer for the animal paths. Glu is putting money and resources on their other games. I started spending my plats now instead of gold. No plats in Dino and in my opinion dh is dead and Dino moves on and gold is the currency they are going to make real $ from in Dino. That is why they are sucking the gold out right now with 4 weps in dh and 4 new weps in Dino and the Dino ones are not cheap.
  • Options
    MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
    vid666 wrote: »
    I said I do like the game. I just am very sure it is a dying project at Glu based on public financial documents and what we see from updates. The updates are very small and at most took 1 or 2 people because they are just a new background with the same animals. That is just an artist and maybe 1 programmer for the animal paths. Glu is putting money and resources on their other games. I started spending my plats now instead of gold. No plats in Dino and in my opinion dh is dead and Dino moves on and gold is the currency they are going to make real $ from in Dino. That is why they are sucking the gold out right now with 4 weps in dh and 4 new weps in Dino and the Dino ones are not cheap.

I am sorry but you are totally wrong. Please read the 10-Q (1st quarter 2014) filed by GLU with the SEC:

"Our revenues increased $20.0 million, or 81.2%, from $24.6 million for the three months ended March 31, 2013 to $44.6 million for the three months ended March 31, 2014, which was primarily related to an $18.6 million increase in our revenues from micro-transactions (in-app purchases) and a $4.1 million increase in our revenues from advertisements and offers, driven by the continued success of our Deer Hunter 2014 and Eternity Warriors 3 titles during the first quarter of 2014."

http://quote.morningstar.com/stock-filing/Quarterly-Report/2014/3/31/t.aspx?t=XNAS:GLUU&ft=10-Q&d=bc1e131d45badb684925231a5b17a5bf
  • Options
    @menipo. Thanks for the accurate information. Vid666 sounds like a disgruntled former employee of GLu to make up so much untrue things.
  • Options
    LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    Page 34, first paragraph, in the table of contents:
    if we are unable to convert our non paying players into paying players, our business may not grow, our financial results may suffer, and our stock prices may decline.
    Directly from the pages of the above mentioned report
  • Options
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    @menipo. Thanks for the accurate information. Vid666 sounds like a disgruntled former employee of GLu to make up so much untrue things.
    I was just going by what gluadmin said in a thread I posted a while back. I'll try to find it. As for vid666 all I can say about him I can't post! I don't have time for his nonsense.
  • Options
    Sheppeck wrote: »

No problem, Sheppeck. I use to verify quotes and citations because sometimes they are invented, sometimes they are misinterpreted ... and sometimes they say precisely the contrary. Take care.
  • Options
    Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    Los, that's true in any business, but based on the figures which were accurately brought forth, that is not a problem yet. People must remember that this is a forum for us who enjoy this deer hunter "VIDEO GAME" to share info and insight on this game, not to complain about it's realism, the inability to learn something from it or wether it's making money or not. That information only matters and is closely looked at by glu, they and only they will make that determination on when to shut down the game, until then, enjoy it for what it is: A GREAT GAME!
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
  • Options
    Los wrote: »
    Page 34, first paragraph, in the table of contents:
    if we are unable to convert our non paying players into paying players, our business may not grow, our financial results may suffer, and our stock prices may decline.
    Directly from the pages of the above mentioned report

Sure. You should take all that into account before buying GLU's stock. As meteorological conditions (rain, wind, etc.) have a direct impact of the ability of energy companies to produce electricity, and that should be taken into account to evaluate the risk of buying their stock.

But GLU's business model or ability to grow was not the topic of the discussion (and to be honest I am not specially interested on it). Vid666 made a false statement regarding DH 2014 invoking "public financial documents" and I simply made clear that the most recent public financial documents available (Form 10-Q) say precisely the opposite.
  • Options
    I found the thread it's this To Glu:: DH 2015? Do the advance search, it should come up.
  • Options
    DH is a big game for GLU, and it is far from dead, but I think they will try to get more players to spend money. That's what they need to make money!
    I enjoy the game and have spent some cash in the past. I have no problem spending some money on something that I enjoy!!!
    If all of the players spent a little bit of money, the game would improve, the scenery, graphics, and every aspect of the game would be better!
  • Options
    Menipo wrote: »
    Sure. You should take all that into account before buying GLU's stock. As meteorological conditions (rain, wind, etc.) have a direct impact of the ability of energy companies to produce electricity, and that should be taken into account to evaluate the risk of buying their stock.

But GLU's business model or ability to grow was not the topic of the discussion (and to be honest I am not specially interested on it). Vid666 made a false statement regarding DH 2014 invoking "public financial documents" and I simply made clear that the most recent public financial documents available (Form 10-Q) say precisely the opposite.
    Sorry if I ruffled your feathers menipo, I was just reading and sharing some info that you brought to the table that interested me.
  • Options
    Los wrote: »
    Sorry if I ruffled your feathers menipo, I was just reading and sharing some info that you brought to the table that interested me.

Nothing to sorry about, Los. I simply put the information that you shared in context. That type of statements on dependence of grow or results on certain factors are a must in the 10-Q and 10-K. What surprises me is how people continue investing in any stock company after reading them. And the only explanation that I find is that non-sophisticated investors probably do not know even about its existence, and professional investors and analysts are used to that catastrophic literature, do not pay much attention to it, and make their money by reading between lines and playing with the numbers that are provided. Take care.
  • Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    to add to what Menipo said, thisi s a link for the unprecedented success of Dino and Kardashian. I posted this in Dino's forums

http://www.nasdaq.com/press-release/glu-sets-company-revenue-download-and-dau-records-with-dino-hunter-deadly-shores-and-kim-kardashia-20140716-00354
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Looks like a good start for Dino and whoever that other person is. However, that is just a press release. I think more important is that, according to the lasted 10Q, GLU made a (small) profit and had nearly twice the revenue compared to 2013.

I do have to somewhat agree with vid666 that resources are not being devoted to DH 2014. The last two regions have been a bit disappointing for hunt quality (the scenery continues to be stunning, as usual).

For example, this was, I believe, the third trophy hunt in R12, which I think required a 35x scope.

IMG_0670_1.jpg
    (picture is hosted on postimage.org. Some antivirus programs don't like it)

We could have gone cow tipping instead of shooting.

I do love the game and play it on two devices. I hope that some new creativity will be added in future releases.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Options
    Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    I really don’t care what Glu’s P&L looks like. I like DH2014 and Dino Hunter, and I enjoy the forums, lots of nice people. I hope Glu can continue to release more hunts on both games. If you like the games, play them. If you’re more interested in there financial statement….that’s fine, but please do it somewhere else.
    Drink more beer. :cool:
  • Options
    I stand by what i read from their end of year statements and from the following from the most recent 10Q. My point is DH has matured and expect Dino to ne their focus going forward. If you dont believe DH is a cash cow with minimal resources going into these latest updates then you are fanboys and nothing will change your mind. I am a fanboy too but realize the party is over and it is time to move on. I have been playing Dino lately. I log onto DH to check for videos, almost do a contract hunt, then head back to Dino. DH is tired and Glu knows it too which is why they are trying to come up with new and better games for us. That's all. Mature cash cow, resources going to other games. Read it yourself. No need to get your feelings hurt. It's just a game. You can move on. Glu will be coming out with more new titles for you. From the 10Q which some guy above left out: We expect revenues from Deer Hunter 2014 to gradually decline over time in a manner similar manner to our other titles, and we must continue to launch new games that generate significant revenues to continue to grow revenues in the future.
  • Options
    Sunny Thai wrote: »
    I really don’t care what Glu’s P&L looks like. I like DH2014 and Dino Hunter, and I enjoy the forums, lots of nice people. I hope Glu can continue to release more hunts on both games. If you like the games, play them. If you’re more interested in there financial statement….that’s fine, but please do it somewhere else.
    Nicely put Sunny! :cool: T.F