Sleigh Bells!

13Next

Comments

• johnlee00w0johnlee00w0 Registered Users 4 Posts
    can anyone post pic of sterling cloak bow? or specification? and can i obtain it by only getting the kringle to complete R9 event?
  • SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    can anyone post pic of sterling cloak bow? or specification? and can i obtain it by only getting the kringle to complete R9 event?

Look in the bow section of the weapons shop. The weapon is there. You can purchase the weapon now for 740 gold. But that would be dumb because you can purchase the Kringle for 240 gold and win the bow when you complete the region 9 event.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Has anyone scored a neck shot on a snowman? I'm just curious.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
    the bow us same as hidden 1 bow :( hows kringle compare to assault rifle? is it easier to kill and farm?
  • GameMann409GameMann409 Registered Users 4 Posts
    Can anyone else confirm the release of the new event?
    I have its about time but why Christmas them
    I have its about time but why Christmas them

You never heard of Christmas in July?
    so how is kringle? any good? better than AR?
  • streplesstreples Registered Users 85 Posts

its not good or bad, but..really really fun using it! lol
    even for farther target, makes it more fun, includes the rumbling sound effect bam bam bam bam bam bam ! XD

I personally think an AR is better than the Kringle. The Kringle doesn't have a scope so it is harder to hit the animals. Which is why you need the 200 rounds. But like I said above it is just a fun gun. And something really different from all of the other guns.
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    I personally think an AR is better than the Kringle. The Kringle doesn't have a scope so it is harder to hit the animals. Which is why you need the 200 rounds. But like I said above it is just a fun gun. And something really different from all of the other guns.

I agree, the Kringle is different than all of the rest and it's lack of accuracy is a bonus to the realism of trying to steady a semi-auto. The ARs are more efficient, but the Kringle is a great addition when you just want to blast away. The holiday shotguns are different but much more similar to the other mag fed quick fire shotguns that have more power. I have a feeling I'm going to have more fun using the Kringle than I did with the holiday events themselves.

One suggestion to Glu: update the verbiage to say which specific holiday weapon is required so people can avoid the confusion/frustration of having a holiday weapon with enough power but not being able to use it on lower region holiday events as the current verbiage suggests.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • JOC469JOC469 Registered Users 11 Posts
    They do already - the higher events require the 'elite' version. Plus the region coding of the weapons is a giveaway.
  • DeathShadow007DeathShadow007 Registered Users 593 Posts
    casajr wrote: »
    Has anyone scored a neck shot on a snowman? I'm just curious.

Yes I have. Just aim slightly below the head but just above the lungs (DJ's screenshot should help you figure out where they are). It can be hard at times, because the neck has a small hitbox area.

I've also gotten a few eye shots as well.
    :cool: Blue iPhone 5c Verizon :cool:
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Just finished! Got my sterling cloak bow and a nice amount of plats. Not going to upgrade anything until the next event. Hidden region, PLEASE!!! It was a really fun event! :cool:
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
    todfoxx wrote: »
    Just finished! Got my sterling cloak bow and a nice amount of plats. Not going to upgrade anything until the next event. Hidden region, PLEASE!!! It was a really fun event! :cool:

I also finished and got the bow and 818 plats. I could have obtained more, but I had to spend some maxing out the Kringle (the only event weapon that I did not had and should buy and upgrade).

My theory is that GLU released this bizarre event to allow gamers to grind a good amount of plats in preparation for hidden region 3. Hidden regions use to require a bow and a crossbow. We have both now: the Sterling Cloak bow (prize of this event) and the Barton MKVII crossbow (prize of hidden region 2). To max them out will probably cost a plats fortune, so some poor bears were forced by GLU at gunpoint to wear green socks and some elephants to put Christmas hats on (funny but certainly bizarre) and were sent to the slaughter to allow us to get the plats that we will need ....
    I hope your right! I don't want the sterling cloak bow to be a novelty item, like the pachyderm shotgun! Mine just gathers dust in my weapon shop! Remember that one? Sheesh! :cool:
  • MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
    todfoxx wrote: »
    I hope your right! I don't want the sterling cloak bow to be a novelty item, like the pachyderm shotgun! Mine just gathers dust in my weapon shop! Remember that one? Sheesh! :cool:

The pachyderm shotgun? Oh yeah! Probably the most beautiful .... and useless weapon of DH 2014.
  • LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    Can anyone tell me how many plats you can accumulate if you don't own any of the weapons required, and have to purchase them with gold, then upgrade them all with plats?
    It looks like the one pointed at me when I dropped a old girlfriend off at her house..a little to late in the evening! Oops :cool:
  • don1923don1923 Registered Users 46 Posts
    This has got to be the most embarrassing, idiotic, pathetic excuse for a new hunt. People have been asking nicely for tons of awesome hunts and we get snowmen and wolves with little green feet?? Its just embarrassing!!!!. When the people speak, nobody listens.

Just my opinion...I. sitting this one out just because of morals and character would not allow me to sleep at night if I wasted precious eagles for this.
    And no bounties to even make it worth it?
    I know, someone's gonna write back and disagree and thats ok too.
    Later.
    don1923 wrote: »
    This has got to be the most embarrassing, idiotic, pathetic excuse for a new hunt. People have been asking nicely for tons of awesome hunts and we get snowmen and wolves with little green feet?? Its just embarrassing!!!!. When the people speak, nobody listens.

Just my opinion...I. sitting this one out just because of morals and character would not allow me to sleep at night if I wasted precious eagles for this.
    And no bounties to even make it worth it?
    I know, someone's gonna write back and disagree and thats ok too.
    Later.

I do disagree with you. I enjoyed the hunts. I also earned a lot of eagles since I already owned 3 out of the 4 required weapons. And I'm sure most people owned atleast one of the required weapons.
  • jgrammentzjgrammentz Registered Users 131 Posts
    As someone that didn't own any of the holiday weapons it ended up costing me about 300 plats to upgrade the weapons. I fully equiped the two shotguns and up to level 4 on the AR, but just had to get the full 200 round mag for the full auto mode. BTW it does work on the level 12 leopards, but only at close range when they are leaping. It's cool to blast away at point blank range with 40-50 shots.
    Phone Samsung s6 galaxy Android 5.0.2, Tablet miTraveller Android 4.0
  • SenkoSenko Registered Users 30 Posts
    I'm stepping out with this one for the events. Having no easy way to earn gold coins (aside from random offers that don't seem to go above 8 or so unless I give out real details) and having event after event (really christmas in July) that cost thousands is just not something I can keep up with. I'll keep doing the main hunts though.
  • DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    this has been my favorite event since i started playing. I have also been making alot of plat!
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • PakasPakas Registered Users 1 Posts
    I was able to use regular weapons for 2 levels o f each event of sleigh bells but at tree ERA that you need to buy the special w e weapons. I don't have the gold to buy and am working on getting my final update for my crossbow. So FREE glu's will take me forever to do this. I hate spending any cash for the gold coins and won't. Did you ever try adding up what you would spend on gold to get all you need to finish a game? You'll spend hundreds of dollars comp s a red to buying a game in a store.
    Pakas wrote: »
    I was able to use regular weapons for 2 levels o f each event of sleigh bells but at tree ERA that you need to buy the special w e weapons. I don't have the gold to buy and am working on getting my final update for my crossbow. So FREE glu's will take me forever to do this. I hate spending any cash for the gold coins and won't. Did you ever try adding up what you would spend on gold to get all you need to finish a game? You'll spend hundreds of dollars comp s a red to buying a game in a store.

What device are you playing on? If you are playing on an apple device gold is very easy to get. I have over 7800 gold and haven't spent any real money on gold.

And if you are in an android device you can share gold between games.
  • Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    I do disagree with you. I enjoyed the hunts. I also earned a lot of eagles since I already owned 3 out of the 4 required weapons. And I'm sure most people owned atleast one of the required weapons.

I owned all four Christmas event weapons so the event was all profits in plats for me :)
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool: