Lost Game Save/Progress, Backup and Restore, iPhone 4/5, Transfer Change Devices,

Hi All!

I've tried chiming in to a couple of existing threads with no luck, so thought I'd start my own..

Basically:
• I made a complete Back Up of my iPhone 4,
• Restored it to my iPhone 5, everything works perfectly,
• EXCEPT Deer Hunter 2014, which has lost ALL progress/regions/guns/money/etc.

The Details:
So, I've 'Backed Up' my whole iPhone 4 (as it had a cracked screen) using iTunes, and Restored it to my iPhone 5 (my brother had spare). After the usual re-entering email addresses/usernames/passwords and general signing in and updating Apps, everything EXCEPT Deer hunter 2014 that was restored to the new iPhone 5, was working absolutely fine. All the other Apps/Games work fine, and all have the correct Game Progress/Status/Unlocked Features/etc... But Not Deer Hunter 2014, which starts completely from the start again, yet signs in to the 'Game Centre' under my account perfectly fine.

I have been using the newer iPhone 5 for a couple of months now, and everything else is still fine, but no amount of tinkering (or manually copying and pasting game data) will get Deer Hunter to work with the correct game progress etc.

I have submitted a support ticket and follow ups ages ago, and after almost a month gotten a reply.. But I don't think they read my problem properly, and even after explaining the problem quite clearly and thoroughly, it seems they think I had a problem with my in-app Purchases, which was never even mentioned! They then only suggested:

• To Backup and Restore the whole iPhone via iTunes
(Which I have already done, and the restore doesn't restore progress for Deer Hunter 2014 only, which is why I'm submitting a support ticket).
• To contact iTunes, about my purchases with billing and in-app purchases..
(Which I did not ask about, and has nothing to do with Backup/Restore or transfer game progress from 1 iPhone to another).

This, after waiting nearly a month for a response, has been really, really disappointing. Not to mention frustrating.. :-(

Please, Please, Please, can someone help!?!?

I still have the 'OLD' iPhone 4, and Deer Hunter 2014 is still working on it with the correct game status and all current updates if that helps. I also have Backups from before and after the v1 and v2 updates I think.

I have tried manually getting the saved game data from one iPhone to the other with desktop apps like 'iExplorer' and 'iFunBox', where you simply copy and paste the info/files in the 'Documents' folder from within the App on the old phone, and into the App in the new phone. And again, this seems to work for other Apps and Games, but not Deer Hunter 2014!!!

There HAS to be someone out there that's come across a fix for this.. any suggestions??

Comments

• DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    I havent had to change phones yet, but hopefully someone will reply
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    I am on an iPhone 4s and had a complete phone crash where I was required to completely wipe the phone clean and then restore the phone to the original settings. I lost everything. I contacted apple and they told me my phone had backed up to the iCloud less than 24 hours prior. I was instructed to restore the phone via iCloud. It took a hour or so but everything on my phone was restored to the iCloud backup including DH 14. You may want to check into that.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
  • kingbee1kingbee1 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Bill1957,
    As stated in your post, you new phone was restored using iCloud backup, which included the Deer Hunter application itself. Does that ALSO mean that ALL of your progress was indeed updated on your new device as the first question of this conversation was stated by "kendog?" I'm not trying to split hairs or play devil's advocate But it wouldn't be all that unique if you were able to transfer the DH app to a new device. It would however be altogether different if you could simply start where you left off on your new device without having to redo any hunts, repurchase any already purchased guns, etc. This would be truly unique and amazing (not to sound too dramatic) because it seems that you're the only one I've heard of being able to start where you left of from one iOS device to another. Just need some clarification.
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    I'd love to be able to offer a clear "yes or no" on this one, but backup success has been historically inconsistent. There is no way to recover a DH game account once it has been lost, BUT sometimes the backup is successful. Sorry this doesn't really help except to say that we have seen reports where the backup is successful, and some where it is not. :/
  • Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    kingbee1 wrote: »
    Bill1957,
    As stated in your post, you new phone was restored using iCloud backup, which included the Deer Hunter application itself. Does that ALSO mean that ALL of your progress was indeed updated on your new device as the first question of this conversation was stated by "kendog?" I'm not trying to split hairs or play devil's advocate But it wouldn't be all that unique if you were able to transfer the DH app to a new device. It would however be altogether different if you could simply start where you left off on your new device without having to redo any hunts, repurchase any already purchased guns, etc. This would be truly unique and amazing (not to sound too dramatic) because it seems that you're the only one I've heard of being able to start where you left of from one iOS device to another. Just need some clarification.

As I stated, my phone crashed. I did not get a new phone. I restored from the iCloud to reset my phone to the last backup. Maybe I was lucky, I don't know.

On another note, I will be getting a new iPhone 6 next month and will back up to iCloud before and try to transfer my game progress. If it doesn't work I'll contact Apple for assistance.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
  • Qwerty53Qwerty53 Registered Users 3 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    I'd love to be able to offer a clear "yes or no" on this one, but backup success has been historically inconsistent. There is no way to recover a DH game account once it has been lost, BUT sometimes the backup is successful. Sorry this doesn't really help except to say that we have seen reports where the backup is successful, and some where it is not. :/

I am sorry but that is not answer from respectful company hat charges money for virtual items. Please find a way to do restore just like all other games offer. Or please give us codes at least to get th same amount of gold we spent real dollars on
  • kingbee1kingbee1 Registered Users 2 Posts
    DH Admin,
    Clearly you're aware of the now well-established issue of saving progress between devices in this particular game, and how extensive this issue has impacted dedicated users. Perhaps a better viable and still yet conservative approach to resolving it and retaining consistently paying customers would be your goal. To be more specific, how about releasing the name of the save file and its directory location. I wouldn't ask for a way to decompile or reverse engineer your app. That would be counterproductive, as users in the forum have already stated. Our collective intention is to CONTINUE to play this game and others that Glu develops as intended: From start to finish with as few interruptions as logic can predict. It should at least be considered that denying convenient uninterrupted access to potential repeat customers is far more risky than catering to new constantly transient customers If the latter is considered a more viable business model, then I understand your hesitation when it comes to supporting loyal end users. I would love to hear sincere resolution-oriented ideas moving forward. Not that I would expect the Glu top echelon to encourage its admin to "give away" anything that would affect the bottom line. But this little suggestion (save file) could potentially be a benign yet effective win-win. Just a thought.
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    kingbee1 wrote: »
    DH Admin,
    Clearly you're aware of the now well-established issue of saving progress between devices in this particular game, and how extensive this issue has impacted dedicated users. Perhaps a better viable and still yet conservative approach to resolving it and retaining consistently paying customers would be your goal. To be more specific, how about releasing the name of the save file and its directory location. I wouldn't ask for a way to decompile or reverse engineer your app. That would be counterproductive, as users in the forum have already stated. Our collective intention is to CONTINUE to play this game and others that Glu develops as intended: From start to finish with as few interruptions as logic can predict. It should at least be considered that denying convenient uninterrupted access to potential repeat customers is far more risky than catering to new constantly transient customers If the latter is considered a more viable business model, then I understand your hesitation when it comes to supporting loyal end users. I would love to hear sincere resolution-oriented ideas moving forward. Not that I would expect the Glu top echelon to encourage its admin to "give away" anything that would affect the bottom line. But this little suggestion (save file) could potentially be a benign yet effective win-win. Just a thought.

Please believe me when I tell you that the ability to effectively save/restore a game is the #1 thing I wish for most when reading forum feedback. As for the rest, I have no access to the game, your accounts or anything like that. I'm just a forum admin...