Options

Weapons

New to the game, and up to level 16, but can't figure out why for certain things the game seems to need me to use assault rifles when my regular rifle is more powerful?
Also, when the pop ups come up to buy new things, it would be nice to know in advance what they are without having to make a whole list of what each thing is in advance.
One last question...I am playing on the computer, and wondering about these events I am reading about. Are they only for the phones?
Thanks and enjoying the game so far.

Comments

• Options
    Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    All special events require a specific gun, sometimes less powerful than the one you are currently using. Rifles are usually required for trophy hunts but not required ever for contract hunts, even if they are more powerful than your assault rifle. I didn't quite understand the second part of your question about knowing in advance things to buy, can you be more specific with that question and I'll do my best to assist you. The events are available on all platforms so as you advance you'll be able to play the events you've read about. Welcome aboard, the game gets better and better with every level.
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
  • Options
    Oscar NoworriesOscar Noworries Registered Users 7 Posts
    Thanks Eli, for the info and the welcome. When the pop up with the girl asking if you want to look at an item, it does not say what the description is. (Rifle, assault, etc, or level). If you go to look and don't buy, you lose out. I guess I could open up a separate browser page to the game to look in the weapons to see what it is in advance, but would be nice to know when it pops up some sort of description..Hope that makes sense... Thanks a lot for the other info.
  • Options
    TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    Might be referring to Club Hunts which are not available to FB players.
    Say What??
  • Options
    Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    The girl pops up with one time offers for the newest regions weapons. The offer is usually a good one so if you have the gold to purchase the weapon, do it! Just know she will pop up usually within 6 of the new regions hunting series. You can usually get by with the weapon from the previous region until that offer comes up, so don't buy the gold rifle until you get that offer. Hope this helped.
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
  • Options
    Oscar NoworriesOscar Noworries Registered Users 7 Posts
    It sure does.. Thanks a bunch. Thanks to you too Tdub, as I was wondering about that as well...lol
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    For your first question, the assault rifle has a much faster fire rate and a much faster reload time. As you go higher in the regions, you will find that the rifle is too slow and you may not be able to complete the hunt in the time allowed.

That said, the Gold semi-automatic rifles can be used as AR's, especially if you increase the capacity. I used my R11 rifle as an AR for R12.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.