Options

New Bounties

Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
I've finished all the new bounties except the Leopard bounty. I'm on the second star 12/25. Anyone going after the third star? How many to complete? I'm guessing 75.
:cool:IPhone 6:cool:

Comments

• Options
    TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    Probably the same as the Gaur...75.
    Say What??
  • Options
    appliancedudeappliancedude Registered Users 113 Posts
    Nice. I'm still trying to finish the rare hunts in the legendary city. They seem like the energizer bunny. They just keep going and going and going
  • Options
    DeathShadow007DeathShadow007 Registered Users 593 Posts
    Yeah I'm at about the same place as you Bill.
    :cool: Blue iPhone 5c Verizon :cool:
  • Options
    The Leopards aren't coming up very much so far.
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    Bill1957 wrote: »
    The Leopards aren't coming up very much so far.

I got a lot of the leopard kills on a club hunt.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    I got a lot of the leopard kills on a club hunt.

I didn't think to try the club hunts. I just got to 25/75 now.
  • Options
    Just had a lot of Leopard hunts come up and now I'm at 61/75.
  • Options
    Finished!! Now back to r12 contract hunts.

1FE87963-2D2B-4862-A306-D152F801C9AE_zpsyla3z8yk.png
  • Options
    15 more leopards to go...
    Say What??
  • Options
    Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    I was almost finished with the Gaur bounty when I remembered a hint given a while ago by another member. It may sound a little like cheating, but here it is:

When you are bounty hunting, shoot one less than the goal for that hunt. Then press "pause" and quit the mission. That will allow you to return immediately to hunting the same bounty. You won't have to go through all the other animal hunts to get back to the bounty animal. Your hunt will fail and you won't get the cash amount that a successful hunt gives, but that isn't the point, is it?

Here's an example. The hunt is to kill 8 Gaurs. Only shoot 7 and quit the mission. You can complete the bounty very quickly by killing 7 each time, over and over, instead of killing the required 8 and waiting for another Gaur hunt to come around. Using this method, I quickly finished the "You Get The Horns" bounty.

The Leopard hunts are for 3 each time, so kill 2 and quit the mission. This way, you can get the bounties out of the way and get back to amassing HBs in the Gobi Desert.
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
  • Options
    Or just let the 3rd attack...much easier.
    Say What??
  • Options
    Tdub wrote: »
    Or just let the 3rd attack...much easier.

Do you think waiting around for a third Leopard to attack is easier or quicker than just pressing pause and quitting the mission? Exactly how long does it take for one of the Leopards to decide to attack? Many would just run off the screen before one would attack. Your answer is illogical.

Besides, in the first example, I discussed Gaurs. You wouldn't get many bounties completed waiting for a Gaur to attack. Again, your answer is illogical.

Live long and prosper.
  • Options
    Doesn't take long with the leopards...guars I can see your way being better...Me illogical??? right...
    Say What??
  • Options
    g 78 33g 78 33 Registered Users 158 Posts
    I'm still working on boars in the lost city I've only had one hunt come up in 3 days and it was a rare hunt this is going to take forever.
  • Options
    g 78 33 wrote: »
    I'm still working on boars in the lost city I've only had one hunt come up in 3 days and it was a rare hunt this is going to take forever.

So when a boar hunt does come around, don't kill them all. Only kill 5 of 6, or 7 of 8, always one less than the goal and then press "pause" and quit the mission. It won't take forever that way.

Good hunting!
  • Options
    DeathShadow007DeathShadow007 Registered Users 593 Posts
    Pausing the game and quitting the hunt does make completing the Bounties quicker, but when you do this you don't get a payout. That is why letting the last predator attack is a better idea. The hunt doesn't go away so you can keep getting kills and stockpiling HB (albeit only 10% of the money). As for the other hunts (gaurs, elk, deer, etc.), just wait for the time to run out. It's only 1 - 2 minutes per hunt, so if you're patient, your bounties will be completed eventually and you will build up some HB in the meantime.
    :cool: Blue iPhone 5c Verizon :cool:
  • Options
    Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    I just finished the leopard bounty in about 5 minutes playing the club hunt :)
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
  • Options
    DeathShadow007,

I agree that pausing and quitting the hunt doesn't allow the HB payout, I mentioned that in an earlier post. For me, I was sitting on 20Mil worth of HBs, so minimizing the time spent waiting for each hunt to finish was more important to me than acquiring HBs.

If you want to build up your HBs, then your way (waiting for time to run out in each hunt) works out better. I guess that it depends on where you are in the game.

RD
  • Options
    But I am illogical....
    Say What??
  • Options
    Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    There is nothing illogical about your response Tdub..... We all play the game differently and for various reasons. We all learn tricks along the way that help us advance, we share that info and if it helps others, great! If not, thanks for reading.... You know what I mean?
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
  • Options
    But I am illogical....

The words you used were, "Or just let the 3rd attack...much easier." That didn't make sense to me. My main goal in letting the hunt fail was to save time because of how much time it took waiting for a specific hunt to come around again. Your version did not answer the question of time, it just let time tick away. Besides, as I said above, Gaurs don't attack.

Those were the words you used. *shrugs*

DeathShadow offered up a reason why it was okay to just let time tick away and that was to collect some HBs, instead of none.
  • Options
    So because I did not offer a reason or explanation my response was "illogical"...OK, moving right along....
    Say What??
  • Options
    So because I did not offer a reason or explanation my response was "illogical"...OK, moving right along....

You finally got it, I didn't think you would. Now we can move on . . .