Options

wait times

I'm sure this has been mentioned many times but isn't waiting 30 minutes for an upgrade a big excessive? I know there have been some weapons where it was only 5 minutes which is fine. I'm not spending 6 gold every time I need an upgrade in order to continue through the hunts.

Comments

• Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    I agree 30 minutes is excessive for upgrades. I always thought there shouldn't be any wait times. But it sort of seems like Glu is trying to make the regions last longer or more difficult with the wait time on the upgrades.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    I agree 30 min. Is a bit much, but the way I look at it, you have time to regain energy, walk the dog or anything else for a half hour. I've been waiting two hours here in Duluth airport, waiting for my connection flight to California. Busy time after Labor Day I guess.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    DeathShadow007DeathShadow007 Registered Users 593 Posts
    The wait times for the Plisskin Scale were 5 minutes. That's the R13 AR. The times may have changed since R13 was released, I have no clue. This was when I won it in the Power Tour. I personally don't mind the wait times, but was surprised and pleased when I found out the wait times on the Scale.
    :cool: Blue iPhone 5c Verizon :cool:
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Wait time is back to the standard 30 minutes.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Options
    jgrammentzjgrammentz Registered Users 131 Posts
    I like to do upgrades on weapons just before I exit to recharge the energy. That way I get two wait time events concurrent. It doesn't seem to be a big deal to me then.
    Phone Samsung s6 galaxy Android 5.0.2, Tablet miTraveller Android 4.0
  • Options
    triggerhappytriggerhappy Registered Users 159 Posts
    jgrammentz wrote: »
    I like to do upgrades on weapons just before I exit to recharge the energy. That way I get two wait time events concurrent. It doesn't seem to be a big deal to me then.

I normally do this too so it's not a huge deal but i hate when you need to upgrade your rifle's power to continue through the standard hunts (the recommended level) and the upgrade is only good for one or two hunts and then you need to upgrade again. That's were waiting 30 minutes twice stinks.
  • Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    It seems that shorter wait times are tied to weapons won as prizes (and presumably had to spend gold for the weapons needed for the event), and for those purchased with gold during a region.
    Longer wait times seem to be associated with weapons bought with hunter bucks.
    I might be wrong, but is my general observation.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    DeathShadow007DeathShadow007 Registered Users 593 Posts
    This is the first time I have seen a 5 min. wait on weapons over R6. The past weapons won from the events were the standard 30 min.
    :cool: Blue iPhone 5c Verizon :cool:
  • Options
    KenttorKenttor Registered Users 16 Posts
    todfoxx wrote: »
    I agree 30 min. Is a bit much, but the way I look at it, you have time to regain energy, walk the dog or anything else for a half hour. I've been waiting two hours here in Duluth airport, waiting for my connection flight to California. Busy time after Labor Day I guess.

Two hours at the Duluth airport could seem like 200. Last time I was there was when the eagles played one of their farewell tours.