Options

Obsolete weapons resale

bcbreebcbree Registered Users 21 Posts
Have you ever considered a buy back on obsolete weapons? I currently have 10 rifles, numerous shotguns, assault rifles, bows and crossbows and a couple of pistols that I can't use anymore. Even if we could sell them back for a fraction of the total cost with upgrades it would be a big help on upgrading current weapons. I'm working on level 13 and trying to upgrade rifle and it is taking almost $200,000 to upgrade stability 0.2% plus all the other stuff and your only collecting $29,000 per hunt it is taking forever. I still need to upgrade shotgun and I can't even afford a new assault rife.

Just a thought.

Comments

• Options
    JOC469JOC469 Registered Users 11 Posts
    The region 12 shotgun works just fine.
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    If you are on an apple device play the region 13 club hunts. The rewards are all over 100,000 hunter bucks. And some go up to 178,000 hunter bucks. Good way to build up some cash.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    jgrammentzjgrammentz Registered Users 131 Posts
    Building up a huge store of cash is why I'm doing a lot of the contract hunts now. Completed all the regions, events. and bounties. about $320,000 cash for each 10 (11 in reality) hunts. When you run out of cash do contract hunts until you have enough for the upgrade. Have fun.
    Phone Samsung s6 galaxy Android 5.0.2, Tablet miTraveller Android 4.0
  • Options
    George76George76 Registered Users 27 Posts
    I play this game with weapons from 2 regions ahead everytime so the upgrades were hard to cost. Especially to force me on playing contract and club hunts. Reached region 10 last week and aimed for the Westing Ace rifle....made over 3 million when hunting to complete enough gold milestones. The upgrades are so expensive and that's the point I guess...so the fun begins again
  • Options
    TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    George76 wrote: »
    I play this game with weapons from 2 regions ahead everytime so the upgrades were hard to cost.

There is you problem....JMO
    Say What??
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Just like in business, you need to manage the cash flow. It's up to you how you want to play, but you are always putting yourself in large deficit spending situations.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Options
    Dan the ManDan the Man Registered Users 2 Posts
    As a completionist, I'm actually against this concept. IMO, "beating," this game entails completing as much as possible... Which means purchasing and upgrading all available guns (with the exception of micro-purchases), beating all available levels, and completing all bounties. I've done this and kept up with this feat over the months on my way to Level 87... To those having difficulty obtaining money, I recommend saving up as much as possible before a new region launches. The developers give us plenty of notice so I always save up a couple million before new regions come out.
  • Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    The idea of being able to sell off obsolete weapons comes up fairly regularly.
    I am not sure that I would bother taking advantage of the opportunity if it was even available.
    Once in a while, special events come up that make use of those old weapons. It would really irritate me if I sold off a supposedly obsolete weapon only to have to re-purchase it later if it became part of an event!

We all know how much any most recent Region cost to complete. And we know that the next region will cost more. It is easy enough to build cash reserves between region releases. Selling off old weapons to afford upgrades is a short-term fix that could have longer term implications if you subsequently have to buy the same weapon again!
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    SubH2O wrote: »
    The idea of being able to sell off obsolete weapons comes up fairly regularly.
    I am not sure that I would bother taking advantage of the opportunity if it was even available.
    Once in a while, special events come up that make use of those old weapons. It would really irritate me if I sold off a supposedly obsolete weapon only to have to re-purchase it later if it became part of an event!

We all know how much any most recent Region cost to complete. And we know that the next region will cost more. It is easy enough to build cash reserves between region releases. Selling off old weapons to afford upgrades is a short-term fix that could have longer term implications if you subsequently have to buy the same weapon again!

Good points made. Makes perfect sense to me. With all the special events, you never know when you will need one of the weapons you bought months ago. When was the last time anyone used the Kringle? It's been a while, but maybe a holiday event will come up in November or December, and we will need it again.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
  • Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    Tanner96 wrote: »
    When was the last time anyone used the Kringle? It's been a while, but maybe a holiday event will come up in November or December, and we will need it again.

We just had the "Christmas in July" event (or whatever it was called) that had us dig out the Christmas guns. And as you said, we may get to use them again before the end of the year.
    The Halloween/zombie guns ones like the Headsman and Headsman Elite have also been reused. With October around the corner, we may get to dust those ones off again as well.
    There was also an "Open Season" event back in April that used Clayton and Weston guns. Some of the guns for that event were prizes from previous events.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2