Completion?

I've been playing Deer Hunter since the start (and now concurrently Dino Hunter as well...) and I've stayed ahead of the game as far as I can. I purchase and upgrade all available guns and bows, (not all, but most special-event micro-purchase weapons), attained Level 87, completed all bounties, beat all available levels and challenges, and store up millions of extra cash...

I didn't make this thread to pop my collar, rather to ask you all to share your completionist stories. I imagine most forum users on here are pretty dedicated players, so I've prepared a few questions for you... If you like, skip the questions and just share your experience/opinions...

How far along have you come??

How do you measure success/wins in this game??

What would you think it takes to "beat," Deer Hunter 2014??

What Level have you attained??

What significant road blocks have you encountered?? (Early on I reached out ahead and purchased a gun two regions out... What a mistake- took forever to upgrade all the way but I cruised through the next region!)

How many bounties have you completed?? (Have any bounties in particular bogged you down, irritated you, or just struck you the wrong way??)

Do you think Deer Hunter 2014 should add more career progress and/or Leaderboards to add more competition?? (Such as lifetime kills; possible even by species, overall time played, accuracy, rounds fired, etc)

Comments

• SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    I have completed all of the regions and hidden regions. And all of the events since January. January is when I figured out how to get a lot of gold on my apple device.

I have also completed all of the bounties except for consumables. I didn't really have any problems completing any of the bounties. I like playing the club hunts. Which allows for a lot of kills. I am so on level 149.
    As for the leaderboard, I like the way it is now. I like to check on my kills and how many hunts or club hunts I have completed.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    I've done all levels on both my devices. All rare hunts. All bounties on my iPad (except consumables). Missing necks and R11 on my iPhone. Level 80 something on my iPad, 70 something on my iPhone (I had to restart).

I don't care about leaderboards. I'm nowhere near the upper echelon players like Sheppeck.

When I restarted my iPhone, I concentrated on brain and neck shots. These took me forever on the iPad, but had brains by R7 on the iPhone. Neck shots are harder on my 4S because of the small screen

I learned to manage my cash better and not do meaningless upgrades. I have much less cash on the iPhone,but have accomplished the same goals.

I learned where the vitals were so as not to use IR.

I learned to plan a strategy first and not just start shooting.

I still have not spent a cent on this game (sorry Glu).

The hardest bounties for me were the wolves with the rifle and leopards with the shotgun. The ducks with the AR also took some time.

Hardest organ bounties are brains and necks, by far. Lungs are the easiest.

Perhaps consumables is the hardest bounty of all since I rarely use them and don't plan on completing this one.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Just having fun with the game is a win for me! We've had our ups and downs with performance issues, but I truly believe it's the best game out there. I am in hopes of seeing a sequel, or a spin off to the Deer Hunter 2014 game. It doesn't seem like I have been playing this game for a year.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • randya51randya51 Registered Users 73 Posts
    I have completed all regions, hidden regions an bounties. I have accumulated 32 mil and a lot of gold so I can kind of buy my way through. There are no club hunts on android, so we kind of loss out on that. However, great game, play some every day.
    Playing on galaxy note 3
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Being a fan of this game, and over the past year, I completed all regions (standard and hidden) and all bounties. I have also purchased and upgraded every single weapon. Reached level 107, and have 20 millions and a few thousand coins and plats, but I only play when new events or regions are out. As an androider, I repeat what randya said about missing out on club hunts.
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • DeathShadow007DeathShadow007 Registered Users 593 Posts
    I originally started playing the game when it first came out on my old Droid. However, due to performance/crashing issues, I had to delete it after about a month. I hated having to delete it because it was one of my favorite games, but having the app on that phone made it a lot slower. When I got my iPhone back in April, DH14 was one of the first apps I downloaded. Since then, I have completed all the regions/hidden regions, most of the bounties (except the polar bear and consumables ones), have several million HB in stock, a few hundred gold, and am Lvl 65. I've never really dedicated myself to the game, but I do still enjoy it. I play Dinos more than this now, but I will play DH14 when I run out of energy there. As for gold stashing, I never spent too much time doing the surveys, like Sheppeck, Bill, T.F., and DJ have done. The most gold I have ever had in this game was around 800. After the Sleigh Bells event, I pretty much stopped saving gold and doing surveys. Currently have 400 in stock. May or may not skip the Anniversary Event. Depends on the prices they will offer and what the reward(s) will be. That's all I have to say!
    :cool: Blue iPhone 5c Verizon :cool:
    Great seeing people from all over the world. China, Lebanon, etc. Maybe we should introduce each of our governments to DH 2014.
    Playing on galaxy note 3
  • Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    I've been playing dh14 since Nov. I've completed all standard regions hidden regions and special events. I've bought and upgraded every Hunter buck weapon. I have amassed 123 million hb's, over 4,400 gold and over 3,000 platinum. I'm on level 153. I play almost daily but have to admit it's getting a little boring now. The region 13 contract hunts are horrible. Way too many leopard and wolf hunts. I rarely do the club hunts. For some reason I don't care for them. As far as the leaderboards are concerned, I look at them but don't put a huge amount of stock in them. Too many hackers. I also have not spent a dime on this game (sorry Glu).
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
    Since dino hunters came out I have stopped doing surveys. I reached a point in dh14 that I had acquired to much gold and would never be able to spend it.

And with the real possibility of not being able to transfer my progress to my new iPhone I plan on getting it didn't make since to waste the time to acquire more gold.
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    Since dino hunters came out I have stopped doing surveys. I reached a point in dh14 that I had acquired to much gold and would never be able to spend it.

And with the real possibility of not being able to transfer my progress to my new iPhone I plan on getting it didn't make since to waste the time to acquire more gold.

I too have stopped doing surveys. I just do the videos and Tapjoy app downloads. I am going to get a new phone in Jan but I'm going to transfer my progress. I have a positive outlook. (Crossing fingers)
    Just wondering if a sequel to DH, or a spin off version will be a purchased game, and not a free one? Thus lowering the cost of in-app purchases, and doing away with the offers? Just a thought, I've read that there will be one. But when, and what it will be like will be very interesting.
    A paid app for a spin off game would be a great idea. Dh14 has enough players where Glu could possibly charge as high as $20 for a new game.

Glu should have made dino hunters a paid game. They probably could have made more money in the long run if they made the game $10 to download. I think that would have been better than to rely on inapp purchases to make their money.
    Wow! For once we agree! Lol!
    It had to happen eventually. Lol
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Glu should have made dino hunters a paid game.

Then they would have to change their slogan to "The Leader in Freemium (But Sometimes Paidmium) Games". Somehow that does not sound as good.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
    Is that really Glu's slogan? I just think more people would pay the initial up front cost than doing a lot of inapp purchases.
    I've been searching the "paid" games, and the in-app purchases are very reasonable. And some don't have any, you just have to earn, unlock or acquire a said amount of virtual money. "Hunter bucks" So if Glu makes a paid game, I believe it will do well. Seeing that DH and dinos are doing fine, that will attract customers. They'll just have to do some heavy marketing!
  • Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    I have been playing since end of last year. I started on Android, but like many others I had lots of problems. I started over on Android……I think 3 times, and played on that platform until about April, at which time I loaded DH2014 on FB/PC. After playing a few months with a big screen, I deleted it from my phone, and am happily playing on PC. Never spent a dime and have completed all regions and hunts. Great game. Also play Dino on PC, although I’m considering loading that on my Android as I am a professional waiter. Not the kind that serves food, but the one who has a wife and two little girls, so I spend a lot of time waiting.:)
    Drink more beer. :cool:
  • Neil BalsamNeil Balsam Registered Users 64 Posts
    I'm at levet 157... it seems that I got DH2014 over a year ago. I've completed (if there is such a thing) all regions and hidden reagions. I've finished all of the Bounties except the consumer one. I like saving my "extras" for when I need them. Shaq, if you're out there, how far are you?
  • jgrammentzjgrammentz Registered Users 131 Posts
    I've been playing since January
    I complete whatever is offered
    There is no beating a game. (This isn't mario bothers or legend of zelda)
    Level 99
    There are no road blocks
    I completed all bounties
    Bonuses on all your suggestions would be great
    Phone Samsung s6 galaxy Android 5.0.2, Tablet miTraveller Android 4.0
  • THOR147THOR147 Registered Users 39 Posts
    Have also been playing for about a year have completed all standard and hidden regions many guns some that where from events only am currently at lvl 124 with 41 million .lvl 39 and 13 million in dino
  • LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    I've been playing since April, I'm on level 114 with 85 million hunter bucks. All regions, hidden regions, bounties and special events completed. Tons of gold, thanks to some great glitches!!! I really enjoy the club hunts! The contract hunts get boring really fast. I set my own goals to keep it interesting. I stopped buying the gold only weapons to make the hunts a little more challenging and the last 2 regions I've completed all the hunts without using infrared "that was hard" I had to use it on hunt # 40 in region 13 because it was a non predator brain shot but that was the only infrared shot that was required. My other goal is to catch bill1957 on the leaderboard, that's going to take awhile, but I'm coming after you bill!!!
    Finally got my "seeing spots" bounty! Nice kitty!
    Screenshot_2014-09-11-15-59-41_zps4yjhopxt.png
    I now have completed the celebration event.
    Playing on galaxy note 3
    Los wrote: »
    I've been playing since April, I'm on level 114 with 85 million hunter bucks. All regions, hidden regions, bounties and special events completed. Tons of gold, thanks to some great glitches!!! I really enjoy the club hunts! The contract hunts get boring really fast. I set my own goals to keep it interesting. I stopped buying the gold only weapons to make the hunts a little more challenging and the last 2 regions I've completed all the hunts without using infrared "that was hard" I had to use it on hunt # 40 in region 13 because it was a non predator brain shot but that was the only infrared shot that was required. My other goal is to catch bill1957 on the leaderboard, that's going to take awhile, but I'm coming after you bill!!!

LOL, I'm waiting. Let's race!! I want catch Sheppeck but he's too far ahead on kills. I did pass him on hunts but then again he does the club hunts so his regular hunts suffer.
  • KenttorKenttor Registered Users 16 Posts
    Been playing off and on since late last year, level 97, all hunts complete, all bounties filled. Just skipped on some of the gold hunts, just can't seem to get enough down here. Good game, but getting a little stale.
    Bill1957 wrote: »
    LOL, I'm waiting. Let's race!! I want catch Sheppeck but he's too far ahead on kills. I did pass him on hunts but then again he does the club hunts so his regular hunts suffer.

For a while I stopped doing contract hunts and just did club hunts. I was really bored with the region 12 contract hunts.
    As soon as I get to 150 million HBs I will go back to doing club hunts. I am at 137 million right now.
    I don't play as much as I used to. Dino hunters is a lot more fun.
    For a while I stopped doing contract hunts and just did club hunts. I was really bored with the region 12 contract hunts.
    As soon as I get to 150 million HBs I will go back to doing club hunts. I am at 137 million right now.
    I don't play as much as I used to. Dino hunters is a lot more fun.

I just reached 127 million hb's which is what I had before region 13 came out. I'm only playing about half as much as before. Too much going on in real life right now. I'm a new grandpa and loving it.
  • LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    Bill1957 wrote: »
    I just reached 127 million hb's which is what I had before region 13 came out. I'm only playing about half as much as before. Too much going on in real life right now. I'm a new grandpa and loving it.
    Congratulations bill !!! I've been really busy lately with work, but I've got a lot of gold so I've been spending about 100 gold bars a day on energy refills before I go to work.
    Congrats Bill!!! I have also started using gold on energy. There was a few recent gold glitches that I took advantage of. Nothing like the gold glitch a few months ago, but every little bit helps.