iPhone 6 migration

GmilazzoGmilazzo Registered Users 2 Posts
Hi with the imminent arrival of the iPhone 6, can someone advise if I can transfer my game over to the new device without losing credits/progress/status etc

Comments

• SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    Check out this thread. http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?110494-New-ipad

I am also planning in getting the iPhone 6 when it comes out. I am still going to try and restore my game from iTunes or iCloud. Can't hurt to try.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • JOC469JOC469 Registered Users 11 Posts
    With a major phone update on the way Glu really need to sort themselves out and get this working. There are PLENTY of other games that have worked out how to do this. Or maybe this provides an opportunity for some app programmer to make some money and create an app to find the data and be able to transfer it.

Does Glu really expect people to retain old hardware just to play this game?
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    I think their game will work just fine on your new iPhones. And I think android users have no worries either. If they want us to play/spend money on their games, they'll adapt.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
    People have successfully transferred their progress from an old iPhone to a new iPhone using iTunes or iCloud. But some people have said that it didn't work. Glu really needs to put a sticky note at the top of the forum addressing this issue. And hopefully step by step instructions if it requires you to do more than just hooking up your device to iTunes.

If I can't transfer my progress, I have already decided to keep my old iphone. I am just going to tell my wife the old iPhone is a backup encase I break my new iPhone. I have just spent to much time on this game to loose everything.
    I found this thread that explains transferring your progress from one iOS device to another.

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?594-What-is-the-best-path-for-quot-changing-devices-quot
    That should help iPhone users alot, I just hope they read it.
  • CrazyginCrazygin Registered Users 3 Posts
    todfoxx wrote: »
    That should help iPhone users alot, I just hope they read it.

I would highly suggest contacting glu. I just had this not work a month ago. I attempted a restore from both iCloud and my computer and neither transferred anything other than my achievements....all weqpons, platinum eagles, gold, $$$, level, etc were LOST. After three weeks of frustrating emails back and forth with glu. The response I finally got them to was the below:

Hello Jennifer,

This game cannot be transferred between devices. If a user changes devices, they will lose their progress and any purchases made, and we cannot restore it.*

Regards,
    Glu Mobile Customer Care
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    I got the same message from glu a while back when my iPhone got wiped.

That said, I did a restore from an old backup on my PC from iTunes and ended up at level 1, hunt 17 (not hunt 1), which was probably where I was when I did the backup. So this tells me that at least something was saved.

Bear in mind my contact list was much more important to get back than the game, so I didn't pay much attention to it at the time.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    My iPhone crashed a little while ago and I lost everything. However, my phone was backed up to the cloud the night before. I was able to restore my phone back to that point in time. All I lost was what I did since that last backup. I felt very fortunate with hearing all the stories here about losing everything. Back up your IOS devices to the cloud!!! It works.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
  • LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    I'm going to get the new iPhone, if I lose my progress, I'll be ok with starting over. I play on my iPad most of the time. I'm only on level 90 on the phone but I've got 8 thousand gold bars!! But I really don't need to wait around on a new region on 2 devices.
  • GmilazzoGmilazzo Registered Users 2 Posts
    Just to let you know that I wasn't able to restore deer hunter when I migrated to the iPhone 6plus - Not good. Now I've lost all my gold (400) and weapons (was at the max) and 60million dollars
  • Salmon2Salmon2 Registered Users 4 Posts
    I lost all my data transferring from 5S to 6. I won't play the game again.
    It can not be successfully done! I truly hope Glu intends to look at this situation. If they want customers to continue playing their games, they need to make game transfer easy. They are losing customers by the handful.
    I also lost all my data when I tried to transfer DH14 and Dino hunters using iTunes. All of my other games transferred successfully except the Glu games.

Glu really does need to address this if they expect customers to play their games and to spend money on them.

The good news is that Apple allows for a one time refund for in/app purchases. So hopefully this will force Glu to fix this when their customers ask for a refund from Apple.
    Well put, the ball is in their court. Now we wait to see what they'll say. If they even do, and did they think this day would ever come? I Mean c'mon! Yes all my games transferred with saved data, except games from Glu Mobile.
    It really seems odd why Glu would purposely design their games not to transfer on iOS devices. This has made me question spending real money on games.
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    It really seems odd why Glu would purposely design their games not to transfer on iOS devices. This has made me question spending real money on games.

Real money on their games that is. I have never had a problem with other developers.