See you later DH 2014 and GLU

What's the point, you play the game earn millions of pounds..platinums and a few gold. Then a new gun comes up for sale..what's it got to be paid in, big surprise gold! Oh, that's all right we'll she'll out £69 for enough gold to buy the poxy thing. Now another new game to play..got to have new guns..payment..gold again. I like playing this game but not anymore, see you GLU it was nice knowing you. Try looking after your customers and not ripping them off

Comments

• SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    The event gold guns usually go on sale for hunter bucks.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • paul558paul558 Registered Users 24 Posts
    Not all the time i see were he is coming from it needs more buck guns to come up so you can keep playing . I dont no about you but im not made of money so i hope they look into this and make it a bit fair.
  • SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    Getting free gold has never been a problem for me on my iOS device.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Baldman5150Baldman5150 Registered Users 15 Posts
    Free gold is very minimal day to day, usually only one gold for each video watched. You have to sign up for trials and such to earn anything worth large amounts. I usually just forget about the hunts that require you to pay with gold. Especially when it is hundreds of gold to just to buy the gun to be able to play it. If it were in bucks it would be better. Maybe a couple million for a gun, I would be game to that amout. My other issue is the crashing. I keep trying to play the wolverine club hunt in level 13 and it crashes every time, 7 tries in a row.
  • Mdcal72Mdcal72 Registered Users 2 Posts
    So you pay valuable gold to buy guns that you're not going to use, to win a gun that takes more gold to fully upgrade. This game is a lot of fun, but lately it has lacked the challenge and fun and is starting to become annoying and a waste of time. I may dump it too.
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    When Glu comes out with a 2015 spin on deer hunter, and they are going to. They would be stupid not to. Would you pay 7.00$ or more up front for it? But with reasonable in app purchases? Look around I've found games that do this.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    I will never understand people leaving the game over this. You can play and complete each region without ever spending a single gold coin. I've played a few special hunts and holiday hunts, and they were fine, but I can assure other players that they aren't missing anything big. Glu has a business model -offer a free game that has available purchasable options.
    Facebook player
  • pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    I just skip the gold stuff on my iPad and play them on the 'droid. Gold harvesting is too slow on iOS devices in the UK. Much easier on Android, plus you can have a whole bunch of glu games running and share the spoils between them to use in the game where you need it the most.
  • PZOPZO Registered Users 260 Posts
    I completely understand everyone's statements...to the fullest. I was almost to the point of finding & paying a hacker to get me more gold. To my surprise, within a months time..GLU awarded me 11819 Gold for my troubles in DH14 & Frontline Commandos D-Day. & tHen I won 2140 Gold! All free mind you! I'm sorry to see those go, but I'm sticking around for a bit. To my Fellow Hunters. I say find a groove and stick to it! It's helpful info out there everywhere..jus gotta find out how to grab it! I'm 1 of the DH14 admins on Facebook that HASN'T HACKED OR CHEATED FOR GOLD! & still here I am Comfortably
  • Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    The event gold guns usually go on sale for hunter bucks.

When the event gold guns become available to hunter bucks, it is usually the lower region gun that actually becomes available. The upper region gun is still unobtainable unless you have a steady source of gold.
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
  • Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    blue ridge wrote: »
    I will never understand people leaving the game over this. You can play and complete each region without ever spending a single gold coin. I've played a few special hunts and holiday hunts, and they were fine, but I can assure other players that they aren't missing anything big. Glu has a business model -offer a free game that has available purchasable options.

I actually do understand people's frustration with the gold issue. Case in point, the recent one year anniversary event. The only way a player can participate is by purchasing guns for gold. That is all well and good for the players who spend real money or have a steady (free) source of gold. Many other players are left out of this "special" event. Couldn't Glu made an exception for this one event?

Basic sales 101 would suggest an all-encompassing event to celebrate the one-year anniversary. Let all share the joy. Not here, and that is a FAIL in my book.
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
  • appliancedudeappliancedude Registered Users 113 Posts
    Is there any cheese to go with all the whine? ITS A FREE GAME. Don't like it leave. You didn't pay anything for it so your out nothing. Now pass the cheese please
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Let's see what this special gift is this weekend, maybe they'll surprise us but I doubt it.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Max SterlingMax Sterling Registered Users 311 Posts
    todfoxx wrote: »
    When Glu comes out with a 2015 spin on deer hunter, and they are going to. They would be stupid not to. Would you pay 7.00$ or more up front for it? But with reasonable in app purchases? Look around I've found games that do this.

I know its late and kinda off topic but I love this idea. You're exactly right about the going rate for top games.I mean, I frequently pay $6.99 for games that my kids just can't live without, Minecraft and Spiderman are two that come to mind that cost exactly that. Although I was reluctant to pay that much at first, the amount of time and fun the kids get outta them has been priceless. I know Glu made it's fortune in the freemium format but maybe they're comfortable enough now too release some titles of the "paid app" variety. I would buy a paid glu game without hesitation and so would alot of other people, I'm sure. I'm not saying I have any problems with the current format, But it would be great to play the hunts that I've been unable to because the required weapons haven't been made available for purchase with Hunter Bucks. I think this is the most realistic idea that would make it possible to do so. Im sure glu already has explored the idea. Who knows what the future holds?
  • DiavelDiavel Registered Users 16 Posts
    You know what I can't stand? People who create a thread and then never come back to contribute/reply.

Bugger off buddy!

I'm a guilty of one thread myself but it was more of an FYI and hardly had any responses.