Options

A really expensive anniversary event

MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
I have been reading first impressions on the anniversary event from top players and they do not seem very happy.

It appears that buying the 3 weapons that are required costs 520 golds (Pistol 89 - AR 191 - Shotgun 340). That makes life very hard for iOSers outside the US who do not have access to the free gold provided by offers (available only in the US) and can collect only a few golds a week watching videos (which are also scarce).

And what you get in consideration for that little fortune is just 412 platinum coins and the R14 AR (which, if GLU keeps its pattern will be available for Hunter Bucks when R14 is released).

In other words, spending 340 golds for a shotgun less powerful than shotguns of higher regions, which only value is the AR prize (that, as I said, could be bought with HB when R14 is released) does not seem to be a good deal. The same for spending 180 golds for just getting a bunch of plats.

So I decided to pass. But then I realized that the look of the shotgun is "too strange" and started thinking that it looks a little bit like the Zombi events weapons. So it could be the weapon required for a future Zombi event. Thus, I started considering to buy it and do at least that series. But then I thought that if it is required in the future there will be an OTO for a price, probably, much lower than the 340G that it costs now.

In summary .... I am lost!

What it is clear (to me) is that the pistol and AR series are not worth the gold they cost (unless you are a filthy reach Androider ....) ;)

Comments

• Options
    KenttorKenttor Registered Users 16 Posts
    Yeah, I gave the shotgun a miss, did pick up the other two just because I like the fully auto. It is a bit of a disappointment, considering it's the one year event. Oh, well, back to the club hunts, try to gain a place or two on the board. Just can't seem to get under 1100 and keep it.
  • Options
    DoctordoomDoctordoom Registered Users 4 Posts
    Do you think that the shotgun will go on sale close to the end of the event? I know this has happened in the past, but I can't remember if it was for these kind of special events or not. If so, I'll wait until closer to the end to purchase the shotgun at a sale price in order to get the assault riffle.
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    If the pattern holds, the pistol and AR will go on sale the last week for HB's, but the shotgun won't, since you win a weapon as a prize.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Options
    Doctordoom wrote: »
    Do you think that the shotgun will go on sale close to the end of the event? I know this has happened in the past, but I can't remember if it was for these kind of special events or not. If so, I'll wait until closer to the end to purchase the shotgun at a sale price in order to get the assault riffle.

No, I do not think so, though GLU is unpredictable. This has happened in the past but only in connection with cheaper event guns (usually the lower region series of an event when there are several as it happened with the R4 -if I remember correctly- pistol of the Rohman event which could be bought with HB some days before the event was over). The higher tier event weapons do not usually go on sale. But no one knows.

If your main goal is to get the assault rifle, I would not spend 340 golds buying the shotgun that will allow you to receive it. As I said, until now all standard higher region assault rifles that were awarded as a prize in events could be bought with Hunter Bucks when the region was released or shortly thereafter.
  • Options
    TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    I basically just got the shotgun for 1 US $...joined the Disney book club and got 4 books for a dollar. At the end of the 30 days I can cancel or just buy 1 book for $2.95 per month for the grand kids...
    Say What??
  • Options
    Tdub wrote: »
    I basically just got the shotgun for 1 US $...joined the Disney book club and got 4 books for a dollar. At the end of the 30 days I can cancel or just buy 1 book for $2.95 per month for the grand kids...

"Books for weapons" .....:cool:
  • Options
    Mdcal72Mdcal72 Registered Users 2 Posts
    So you pay valuable gold to buy guns that you're not going to use to win a gun that take more gold to fully upgrade. This game a lot of fun but lately it has lacked the challenge and fun and is starting to become annoying and a waste of time.
  • Options
    Steel44Steel44 Registered Users 7 Posts
    Im very dissappointed about the anniversary event weapons, so far the only one worth the gold is the shotgun, the pistol and the auto are **** guns, Im sorry I spent the money to get them.
  • Options
    jgrammentzjgrammentz Registered Users 131 Posts
    Completed the anniversary event. Bought the Reckoning for 89 gold and earned 95 platinums with minimum upgrades. Bought the Firestorm for 191 gold and earned 258 platinums with minimum upgrades. And the disappointing one Skullshot 340 Gold to earn 159 platinums with minimum upgrades. I earned the Westin Spitter and it's fully upgraded except for the gold sight and capacity. Total cost 620 gold to earn 512 platinums and a new AR. I am hoping the Skullshot is useful in a halloween event.
    Phone Samsung s6 galaxy Android 5.0.2, Tablet miTraveller Android 4.0
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    I hope I can buy it for cash. I passed on the event.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Options
    triggerhappytriggerhappy Registered Users 159 Posts
    I didn't do this event. Not worth all the gold. I normally only do the series that wins you the gun for a future region but the OTO of over 300 gold was way too high. I never have that much gold. As for the other series it's easy to earn plats. Not worth using gold in just for plats.