Region 13, Hunting series #40/40

Any tips on how to complete #40 of hunting series in region 13, 2 brain shots are near impossible to get.

First is easy, for second one i tried to injure and take a long shot but no luck.

I don't want to use call

Comments

• jimmyjamesjimmyjames Registered Users 2 Posts
    Funny enough did it in first attempt after posting here.
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    It was not too hard. Line them up so you don't have to move your gun much. Maybe upgrade your IR so you have a little time. Really easy with the gold gun. Boom Boom done.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • triggerhappytriggerhappy Registered Users 159 Posts
    I didn't have the gold gun so i had a hard time with this one. The ibexes never started close enough together where it was an easy 1 2 shot and the standard region 13 gun is slow in getting the next shot ready. After trying many times I just used the sport drink after I took the first ibex down. At first I thought it was cheating but they give you consumables for a reason.
  • Max SterlingMax Sterling Registered Users 311 Posts
    I Haven't been playing DH14 24/7 like I did the 1st half of the year and to avoid total beredom I've taken my time on R13 so I just completed hunt 40/40 today. I failed the hunt 2 times then on my 3rd try,I missed 3 attempts at the 2nd brainshot as they ran out of sight, I thought the hunt was over til I spotted an Ibex far off in the distance, midscreen.Even on my kindle its head was so tiny that with IR on, I couldn't see its brain, so I aimed and took a last second,"Hail Mary" shot and nailed it. It was pretty cool. It was the most exhilarating experience I've had while playing DeerHunter:cool:
  • TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    Energy drinks....
    Say What??
  • Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    Max, it must have been a great feeling to notice that the game suddenly went into slo-mo and you watched the bullet finish off the Ibex!
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
  • Max SterlingMax Sterling Registered Users 311 Posts
    Max, it must have been a great feeling to notice that the game suddenly went into slo-mo and you watched the bullet finish off the Ibex!

Yes it was. You described the exact moment I was talking about!
  • PZOPZO Registered Users 260 Posts
    Dammit I LOVE DH14
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    PZO wrote: »
    Dammit I LOVE DH14

Enjoy it while you can, the end is coming. Maybe region 14 will be it's last.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • DeathShadow007DeathShadow007 Registered Users 593 Posts
    todfoxx wrote: »

I hope we will at least get HR4 before they quit with this game.
    :cool: Blue iPhone 5c Verizon :cool:
  • TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    I would like to see it continue with just a name change to DH2015...JMO
    Say What??
    Me too, but I don't think they could pack that much content onto one app without using up a ton of our storage. But I could be wrong.
  • IslanderIslander Registered Users 113 Posts

So they just end the game and we lose everything we paid for and worked for? ***?
  • GAMESLAYERGAMESLAYER Registered Users 92 Posts

Where did you hear that DH2014 is coming to an end?
    In a few articles I read about Glu. No date was given though, but a spin-off title was in the works. And customer support mentioned something like that in a response I got from them about a certain issue I had.
  • tgblairtgblair Registered Users 12 Posts
    I have been trying to finish this region (14)and can not for the life of me get a brain shot. I have a Clayton intercept. I have used the energy drink, even hollow points. I get all kinds of head shots, but none count as a "brain shot". I see one post the person said look for the brain...I do not see it on the ibexe's. I have also failed to do the brain shot in region 10 on the Dall sheep. All I get there are head shots too.
  • Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    tgblair wrote: »
    I have been trying to finish this region (14)and can not for the life of me get a brain shot. I have a Clayton intercept. I have used the energy drink, even hollow points. I get all kinds of head shots, but none count as a "brain shot". I see one post the person said look for the brain...I do not see it on the ibexe's. I have also failed to do the brain shot in region 10 on the Dall sheep. All I get there are head shots too.

You need to use the IR in order to see the brain. Otherwise you are taking a chance at a lucky shot by aiming at the head.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    You MUST use IR to get a brain shot or else it is a head shot. You cannot get a brain shot without using IR. Line up two animals so you don't have to move your gun much. Pre-planning is everything.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • tgblairtgblair Registered Users 12 Posts
    Thank you very much, completed both hunts