credits being charged monthly because I paid for them ONCE

So long story short, I've been playing deer hunter 2014 for about 2 months. I paid for 100$ worth of credits for the game over a period of time. Then I went to buy a few more and it said I had maxed out how much I can buy.
I called my cell phone company...they tell me glu has charged me 100$ (I paid for the credits already, so they are charging me AGAIN). And they are now going to charge me 100$ monthly...and I haven't received any new credits ...and my wireless carrier stated "it doesn't say you will receive credits every month, just be charged 100$ every month". 100$ a month for a "free" game? So I call glu customer service, they don't do any sort of service, they direct you to this forum.
Anyone experienced this nonsense? Or know where to go for help? Thanks.

Comments

• Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    vrobin69 wrote: »
    So long story short, I've been playing deer hunter 2014 for about 2 months. I paid for 100$ worth of credits for the game over a period of time. Then I went to buy a few more and it said I had maxed out how much I can buy.
    I called my cell phone company...they tell me glu has charged me 100$ (I paid for the credits already, so they are charging me AGAIN). And they are now going to charge me 100$ monthly...and I haven't received any new credits ...and my wireless carrier stated "it doesn't say you will receive credits every month, just be charged 100$ every month". 100$ a month for a "free" game? So I call glu customer service, they don't do any sort of service, they direct you to this forum.
    Anyone experienced this nonsense? Or know where to go for help? Thanks.

Wow, that's a new one on me. I've never seen it addressed in the forum before. Anything I have paid real money for goes through the Apple store with no problems. I don't know what to tell you. Maybe one of the more experienced players can help you. Good luck.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
  • megageckomegagecko Registered Users 45 Posts
    I've been reading this forum since Xmas when I got this kindle and also have never read anything as bizarre as this before!! What I would do is put a stop payment in first cause that's gonna be faster than submitting a customer ticket.
  • deer sleigherdeer sleigher Registered Users 317 Posts
    Did you make a subscription payment for glu credits with android contact google wallet also on kindle theres a subscriptions on amazon accounts make sure you click unsubscribe also speak to your bank
  • LucixirLucixir Registered Users 15 Posts
    This is why I am always very skeptical of subscriptions of any sort. They will make **** sure they take your payment but when errors happens with delivery of goods or services, it is a pain to sort out and get what you paid for. If I were you, I would atleast get your subscription cancelled ASAP - until this is figured out and corrected.

Please keep this updated, I would like to know what happens with your issue.
  • gbirdgbird Registered Users 57 Posts
    Well they stole all my gold coins and don't want to give them back
    12,470 believe it or not
  • LucixirLucixir Registered Users 15 Posts
    I have been playing for about a month now and I really enjoy this game. It was a pain to get established because of energy, but now I have some credits built up which I purchased smaller amounts, to allow me to continue playing when I have a few hours to sit down and play. I was also confused over the subscription terms and made a post about it several days ago that no one has been able to answer: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?113885-What-is-the-difference-between-buying-GLU-coins-with-buy-VS-Subscription-option-READ

Anyways, I was worried and weary of these types of subs, especially considering I can find no terms about it. Double the credits for the same price is very enticing but unfortunately it just seems like another ploy to start cheating you out of your money; hence they setup automatic payments but don't deliver the goods. You have to jump through many hoops to even attempt getting what you paid for. Many people fall victim to getting a subscription and not noticing the difference between buying and subing, which is the main point to this anyways. Those people don't usually notice what is going on until a few months go by and they have been charge quite a bit of money at this point.

This is why I avoid subs through the internet and also avoid anything on the net that uses "Credit on file"-- COF. This malicious new form of legal thievery is being addressed currently in litigation but until finalized it is still legal. Website such as background checks, phone number look ups, credit reports, etc. All that charge you 1$ to get that record, people dont realize that they hold your credit card information that you just input on file, and as they throw more and more offers at you during the checkout process, those 'sister companies' and chosen affiliates are also able to see/read/get your CC information and as you checkout and select no, skip in different areas, they are actually misleading and labeled wrong, you are actually agreeing to allow them to start trial periods on you, which then turn into expensive subs that charge you every 2 weeks or so and you wont notice it until a month or so when you get a statement from your bank. By this time, you could of already lost a few hundred dollars.

Anyways, all this being said, be careful and only do things you can clearly see the terms towards, dont allow them the opportunity to screw you because people find new and creative ways to use the Internet everyday to take your money from you.