Options

Sterling raker

othallothall Registered Users 2 Posts
Why am I being offered a level nine upgrade with a negative power effect?

Comments

• Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    You win that by completing hidden region 4. It shouldn't have a negative rating, it's the most powerful crossbow out.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    Zac42Zac42 Registered Users 5 Posts
    I got that too, and bought it for each upgrade, only to find that it's the base level item, and you need to upgrade everything again to get it to the same level. I also can't upgrade my stock at all though, but it shows me the stat increase. Do you also have this problem?
  • Options
    othallothall Registered Users 2 Posts
    Zac42 wrote: »
    I got that too, and bought it for each upgrade, only to find that it's the base level item, and you need to upgrade everything again to get it to the same level. I also can't upgrade my stock at all though, but it shows me the stat increase. Do you also have this problem?

No I don't get that problem but also haven't bought the negative upgrade
  • Options
    My advice is don't buy the negative upgrades, it just buys the first level items again. Do you get negative upgrades for each item, or just one?
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    I'm not sure why you are upgrading at all since you don't need it for anything in the foreseeable future.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Options
    casajr wrote: »
    I'm not sure why you are upgrading at all since you don't need it for anything in the foreseeable future.

I just like upgrading my weapons whether I need it or not.
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    The're your coins. Have at it.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Options
    DanieljasonpayneDanieljasonpayne Registered Users 2 Posts
    The stock will not let me upgrade past level 4, the option is not there. But it does show the upgradable values of power +14 and stability +0.4%.

I bit the bullet and bought the 20 coin stabilizer upgrade to level 9... for science. It took away -3% stability and -26% suppression. So I decided to do an experiment and keep upgrading it.

I am only able to get silver from the rare hunts in hidden region 4, since I completed everything else in the game, and I am not sure how many more hunts I can get out of it, but I've decided to pump all my silver into my crossbow stabilizer. I want to see how many levels it can increase to. I will update the values below as I upgrade as compared to the base value.

Base - 0 stability / 0 suppression
    Level 1 - 0.5% stability / 10% suppression
    Level 2 - 0.7% stability / 18% suppression
    Level 3 - 0.9% stability / 23% suppression
    Level 4 - 1.3% stability / 27% suppression
    Level 5 - 1.5 % stability / 30% suppression
    Level 6 - 1.8% stability / 32% suppression
    Level 7 - 2.2% stability / 34% suppression
    Level 8 - 3.5% stability / 36% suppression
    Level 9 - 0.5% stability / 10% suppression
    Level 10 - 0.7% stability / 18% suppression
    Level 11 - 0.9% stability / 23% suppression
    Level 12 - 1.3% stability / 27% suppression
    Level 13 - 1.5% stability / 30% suppression
    Level 14 - 1.8% stability / 32% suppression
    Level 15 - 2.2% stability / 34% suppression

** Edit - I just completed the rare hunt in hidden region 4. I have no other ways of earning silver right now, so the rest of this experiment will have to wait. But as you can see the level 9 stabilizer is the EXACT SAME as the level 1 stabilizer. The same with the level 2 and level 10 and so forth. Not sure if this is a glitch or intended to be this way.

If this is a glitch, when they get around to fixing it, I would like to have my silver back. :-/
  • Options
    Danny89Danny89 Registered Users 25 Posts
    I have the same problem with most of the stats. I posted about it and GLU said they'll look into it.
  • Options
    But as you can see the level 9 stabilizer is the EXACT SAME as the level 1 stabilizer. The same with the level 2 and level 10 and so forth. Not sure if this is a glitch or intended to be this way.

This is what I found with everything but the stock and the tuning. I found the level 9 tuning to be the same as the level 7 tuning, and it was fully upgraded by buying level 10 which was the same as level 8. And I get the same thing with the stock, apart from I can't even upgrade it to level 2, it shows the stats, but no option to buy upgrade.